Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

Where to Start

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Where to Start Empty
PostSubject: Where to Start   Where to Start I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi I have just been getting into Batman comics. I have been reading through a number of trade paperbacks. So far I have read Batman: Year One, The Man who laughs, The Long Halloween, Killing Joke, Death in the Family, and Hush vol. 1 & 2. I feel like I have enough basic background and would like to get into the current ongoing books. I know that Grant Morrison has been doing some new stuff with Batman, but don't know anything about it. Where should I jump in if I want to start buying the issues as they come out?
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

Where to Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to Start   Where to Start I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 7:34 pm

Welcome to GKO! Smile

Currently, all the Batman stories are ongoing. It all depends on which of the Bat titles you plan to read and collect. So, if I was in your shoes looking to get into the Batman comics, I would most probably start reading the following.

Core Titles:
1. Batman #700 onwards
2. Detective Comics # 866 onwards
3. Batman and Robin #10 onwards
4. Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne #1-6

Supplementary Titles:
1. Batman: Streets of Gotham #13 onwards
2. Batgirl #9 onwards
3. Birds of Prey #1 onwards

There are also Gotham City Sirens, Red Robin and Azrael which I do not follow. My advise to you is to get into the core titles first and if budget permits, you can also read the supplementary titles.

Some of the the issues mentioned above are currently available at your local comic store and some will be released soon. You might also want to read the Batman: RIP and Battle for The Cowl graphic novels before diving into the monthly series. Hope this answers your questions.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

Where to Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to Start   Where to Start I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:45 pm

Hey jcj;

I would recommend that you pick up Batman: RIP and Battle for the Cowl first, before you start getting into the titles that are just coming out. It's been a year since Battle for the Cowl happened and "Batman Reborn" started, so I think those would be great starting points.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
Sponsored content

Where to Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to Start   Where to Start I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where to Start
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum :: GENERAL :: Batman General Discussion-
Jump to: