Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

What are You Watching Right Now?

Go down 
+8
badsoul
Sergiot0831
TheXtremisT
Jon Q. Citizen
jondoe297
AndrewT
scarygarrey
gallegra
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

What are You Watching Right Now? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are You Watching Right Now?   What are You Watching Right Now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:11 pm

Anyone watching the new 'Hawaii Five-O'? I started watching this new series a couple of weeks back. Based on the pilot and second episode, it looks really promising.

A friend of mine also recommended I watch 'The Walking Dead'. I've seen the pilot episode. Although it reminded me of the George Romero's zombie movies and 28 Days Later, the series does have great potential. I think its because the story is very faithful to the source material - 'The Walking Dead' comic books.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: What are You Watching Right Now?   What are You Watching Right Now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 8:28 am

I watch both, although with school being close to the end of the semester things are ramping up, so I haven't caught up yet with 5-0. I liked the first 2 or 3 episodes though, and I agree that it has promise.

And I love The Walking Dead! Only seen the first 2 episodes so far (Missed the 3rd), but I really like it. It has an old-school zombie flick feel with modern quality. I love it!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: What are You Watching Right Now?   What are You Watching Right Now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 1:02 am

After 8 episodes, I feel really bored watching 'Hawaii Five-O'. Sleep

But 'The Walking Dead' is exactly the opposite. This TV series just gets better and better with every episode. Kudos to a well-written script and an interesting storyline. cheers

Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: What are You Watching Right Now?   What are You Watching Right Now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 4:03 pm

AndrewT wrote:
After 8 episodes, I feel really bored watching 'Hawaii Five-O'. Sleep

But 'The Walking Dead' is exactly the opposite. This TV series just gets better and better with every episode. Kudos to a well-written script and an interesting storyline. cheers

I'm sad to hear that about Hawaii Five-0...I liked the beginning. I've only seen the first 2 of Walking Dead, and I can't wait to see the rest!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
joezilla87

PostSubject: Re: What are You Watching Right Now?   What are You Watching Right Now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 7:03 pm

I kind of think the Walking Dead has been going downhill since the first episode.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JoeZilla87
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: What are You Watching Right Now?   What are You Watching Right Now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 7:53 pm

I haven't seen past the second episode so I really don't know, but I'm guessing it's because of the introduction of other characters rather than the "I Am Legend" type of feel the first one had? I have to admit, I didn't like that they brought in so many other characters in the second episode already, and that they even had the family back by the third one (which I haven't seen yet). It seems like they should have stretched out the lone man searching for his family thing for a bit.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: What are You Watching Right Now?   What are You Watching Right Now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 9:32 pm

I'm a huge fanatic of zombie flicks and some vampyric films that have zombie-esque plots. But I read an issue of "The Walking Dead", and I seriously laughed. To me it wasn't that good of a book, or even a zombie-related item. Story was good, but everything else I didn't really get interested into.

I'm a Romero and Fulci fan. And I absolutely dig the B-movies as well as the weird, awful C-list movies. Those are horrid, but have humor in them. Always enjoyable on a late Saturday night snuggled up in the couch with two English bulldogs who only want popcorn.

But then I heard about the television series of "The Walking Dead", and I will admit, the trailer I saw was pretty good, I got goosebumps, but I'm not really excited for it. It just didn't satisfy my appetite. But a lot of kids at school seemed to have enjoyed it and really are anticipating season two, which I congratulate the series on.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: What are You Watching Right Now?   What are You Watching Right Now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 12:32 am

@Fawks - B movies for the WIN! I love me some sci-fi originals. My father and I would go to the movie rental place when we were bored and pick up the cheesiest looking B-movies we could find and watch them. It's so great...

If you haven't seen it already, you should watch Sharks in Venice. It's exactly how it sounds...Jaws+Venice, Italy+Horrible acting and effects. It's AMAZING. It features Stephen Baldwin and Scarlett Johansson's sister. Pretty entertaining...

-Gary
Back to top Go down
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader
J Knight5

PostSubject: Re: What are You Watching Right Now?   What are You Watching Right Now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 2:05 pm

Being a hardcore Star Wars fan, The Clone Wars is my favorite show on TV right now. The majority of this season's episodes haven't been that great, but I went to an advance screening for some upcoming episodes, and they were awesome. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

I also watch Smallville regularly. I've been watching that show from the start, and had to sit through some bad seasons, but last season's, and so far this season's episodes have been really good. I just hope we get a good send off for the last episode. Hopefully an epic Darkseid, Superman fight!

Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: What are You Watching Right Now?   What are You Watching Right Now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 2:24 pm

J Knight5 wrote:
Being a hardcore Star Wars fan, The Clone Wars is my favorite show on TV right now. The majority of this season's episodes haven't been that great, but I went to an advance screening for some upcoming episodes, and they were awesome. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

I haven't seen too much of it, not even the movie, but the few episodes I have seen have been pretty good. I really should check it out more...but I have too much else to watch/read already haha.

J Knight5 wrote:
I also watch Smallville regularly. I've been watching that show from the start, and had to sit through some bad seasons, but last season's, and so far this season's episodes have been really good. I just hope we get a good send off for the last episode. Hopefully an epic Darkseid, Superman fight!

Agreed, we did have to get through some bad stuff to make it to the good. But overall I have liked the past few seasons a lot too. An epic Darkseid fight would be cool, but I'm guessing that's not gonna happen. I'd LOVE to see Michael Rosenbaum back as Lex, that's my biggest wish.
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: What are You Watching Right Now?   What are You Watching Right Now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 9:45 pm

I really wish I started watching "Smallville" when it came out. I remember it too, I thought it was neato, but I was little and Superman really wasn't my cup of tea. Yu-Gi-Oh! was, aha. . . . The good days of being a dorky child.

:[
[quote="gallegra"]
gallegra wrote:
@Fawks - B movies for the WIN! I love me some sci-fi originals. My father and I would go to the movie rental place when we were bored and pick up the cheesiest looking B-movies we could find and watch them. It's so great...

If you haven't seen it already, you should watch Sharks in Venice. It's exactly how it sounds...Jaws+Venice, Italy+Horrible acting and effects. It's AMAZING. It features Stephen Baldwin and Scarlett Johansson's sister. Pretty entertaining...

-Gary
Wicked. My graphics teacher and film club founder, Godfrey's his name, often makes fun of me for my die-hard love for these bad flicks. Have you heard of the company "Asylum"? They're becoming pretty famous. I think around 2007 they started, correct me if I am wrong. But they make flicks dubbed as "mockbusters". Funny ones at that. The last Asylum film I got to watch was "Mega Piranha", which was of course a parody of the recent film entitled "Piranha 3D". I got a good chuckle. It was on Netflix, and I saved a good 10 dollars. I really have a strong distrust for movies nowadays. It isn't an art anymore.. Anyways, to end my film rambling, I would love to make a new thread discussing B/C-films with everyone! I'll just wait for the new forums to arrive I suppose. C:
But boy.. have I seen some Jaws mockbusters... haha!
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: What are You Watching Right Now?   What are You Watching Right Now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 1:38 pm

Fawks wrote:
I really wish I started watching "Smallville" when it came out. I remember it too, I thought it was neato, but I was little and Superman really wasn't my cup of tea. Yu-Gi-Oh! was, aha...The good days of being a dorky child.

I can't blame you, but I was at the perfect age for Smallville. When it started Clark was 16 and I was 15 or 16, and I kinda grew up with Clark. It was kinda cool. It's a totally different show now that it was then...at first it was very much Dawson's Creek with superpowers, and Clark was trying to find himself and whatnot. Now, Clark's basically Superman except he still doesn't fly, and he's working at the Daily Planet with Lois already...it's pretty cool.

Fawks wrote:

Wicked. My graphics teacher and film club founder, Godfrey's his name, often makes fun of me for my die-hard love for these bad flicks. Have you heard of the company "Asylum"? They're becoming pretty famous. I think around 2007 they started, correct me if I am wrong. But they make flicks dubbed as "mockbusters". Funny ones at that. The last Asylum film I got to watch was "Mega Piranha", which was of course a parody of the recent film entitled "Piranha 3D". I got a good chuckle. It was on Netflix, and I saved a good 10 dollars. I really have a strong distrust for movies nowadays. It isn't an art anymore.. Anyways, to end my film rambling, I would love to make a new thread discussing B/C-films with everyone! I'll just wait for the new forums to arrive I suppose. C:
But boy.. have I seen some Jaws mockbusters... haha!

I can't WAIT for that thread! I've been meaning to check some of those out. I've seen them too, they release those Transformers ones called Transmorphers or something, right when the movies are being released...it's really funny. So they're worth the watch?

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: What are You Watching Right Now?   What are You Watching Right Now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 8:45 pm

gallegra wrote:
I can't WAIT for that thread! I've been meaning to check some of those out. I've seen them too, they release those Transformers ones called Transmorphers or something, right when the movies are being released...it's really funny. So they're worth the watch?

-Gary
Awesome! And yes, they did. I read a review about "Transmorphers", it's absolute worse at it's best. So I'm quite curious to see it, because frankly, I never got into Bay's "Transformers", I always like the cartoon, and well... It didn't feel like "Transformers", it felt like Megan Fox and Shia LeBeouf were just running around from explosions. Maybe it was just me.
But the Asylum makes "good" parodies. It isn't cheesy like "Superhero Movie", and "Vampires Suck" and etc.

I like their films. Their "H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds" was actually good. But their best movie - as in "wow this is a good movie", was their "I Am Omega" film. I have to say, it was brilliant to their usual standards.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: What are You Watching Right Now?   What are You Watching Right Now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 12:50 am

Fawks wrote:
I like their films. Their "H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds" was actually good. But their best movie - as in "wow this is a good movie", was their "I Am Omega" film. I have to say, it was brilliant to their usual standards.

Interesting...I always see them at Blockbuster and am intrigued, maybe I should pick 'em up then. Some for a laugh, some for a decent movie haha.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: What are You Watching Right Now?   What are You Watching Right Now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 1:06 am

I'm not watching it yet, but I'm really excited for the Christmas episode of Psych that just aired tonight...I can't wait to watch it! Love that show...

In the meantime though, I'm catching up on this season of NCIS and NCIS: Los Angeles, and watching The Brave and the Bold in-between.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: What are You Watching Right Now?   What are You Watching Right Now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 12:57 pm

gallegra wrote:
Fawks wrote:

Interesting...I always see them at Blockbuster and am intrigued, maybe I should pick 'em up then. Some for a laugh, some for a decent movie haha.

-Gary
I do know that my Walmart sells their stuff for $5 only. And Netflix has a lot of their stuff. c:
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: What are You Watching Right Now?   What are You Watching Right Now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 1:06 pm

I do the Blockbuster online, if Netflix has it I'm sure they have it...I really might check it out.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: What are You Watching Right Now?   What are You Watching Right Now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 8:09 pm

gallegra wrote:
I do the Blockbuster online, if Netflix has it I'm sure they have it...I really might check it out.

-Gary
Here's another update, ha. Walmart has 4 Asylum films as a pack for only $13. Not a bad deal. And it's their recent stuff. Of course, my luck would have it, I was a dollar short on buying it.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: What are You Watching Right Now?   What are You Watching Right Now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 2:42 pm

Fawks wrote:
Here's another update, ha. Walmart has 4 Asylum films as a pack for only $13. Not a bad deal. And it's their recent stuff. Of course, my luck would have it, I was a dollar short on buying it.

Boo! Do you remember what ones are in the pack?

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: What are You Watching Right Now?   What are You Watching Right Now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 9:23 pm

gallegra wrote:
Fawks wrote:

Boo! Do you remember what ones are in the pack?

-Gary
One was a double feature and it had "2012: Doomsday" & "Storm". That's the only one I can remember.
And the 2012 movie looked pretty spiffy!
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: What are You Watching Right Now?   What are You Watching Right Now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 1:30 pm

The ones I'm really interested in are the Transmorphers ones.....Oh, and Snakes on a Train haha.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: What are You Watching Right Now?   What are You Watching Right Now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:21 pm

gallegra wrote:
The ones I'm really interested in are the Transmorphers ones.....Oh, and Snakes on a Train haha.

-Gary
Ha. "Snakes on a Train" is a little... odd. And the poster is a spoiler. : /
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: What are You Watching Right Now?   What are You Watching Right Now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:36 pm

I just love Snakes on a Plane so much, I'll probably end up seeing that one.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: What are You Watching Right Now?   What are You Watching Right Now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 1:09 am

I was also curious, but has anyone seen the trailer, or any news reports/articles on the movie "Blue Valentine"?

First, watch this video of the film's trailer, then read on what will probably shock you.

This dandy film stars Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams.
Want to guess it's rating? The infamous "NC-17". Why? For intense sex scenes, and an abortion scene.

But we have films such as "Piranha 3D" with naked women running around, blood and gore and obscene language, get a rating of "R".

What is the deal here? I don't understand, we get a movie with real life conflictions and they want to ruin it's reputation because it was realistic values and scenes. I don't understand our morals, or what... Maybe it's just me. I'm not saying or advocating that sex in movies is good, and that we need to or not to, promote abortion, but seriously? Give it an "R" rating. I'm not a huge fan of the gushy relationship flicks, but I found out about this movie solely on the fact because of it's rating, and it was in an NBC new article on their site. I was curious. By the end of that trailer, I was in tears. That is a very powerful movie, and I just feel as if they are diminishing it's reputation as a bad film because of it's rating. That rating hasn't been used in.... years and years - correct me if I am wrong. Last I heard that used that rating was a pornographic film, and this movie is certainly no where near that type of filthy material, so why are they broadcasting it as so?

Sorry for the rant. I just don't get today's societal views anymore.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: What are You Watching Right Now?   What are You Watching Right Now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:46 am

First off, while I agree on some points, I feel like I should say that the trailer is deceptive, as it doesn't show reference to any of the "intense sex scenes" or abortion - it looks like any other romance, Nick Sparks movie out there. Plus, it's kinda a moot point now since the Weinsteins (the production co. behind the flick) appealed the decision (without any cuts to the film, even) and actually got it reversed to an R.

But I get where you're coming from. Although we're one of the freest and greatest nations in the world, we're often the slowest to change. People get stuck up on things like sex scenes and abortions. Although, just to clarify, NC-17 is simply an R where 17 year-olds cannot even go if their parents or an adult takes them. It's not really as bad as it sounds, unlike the old "X" rating.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are You Watching Right Now?   What are You Watching Right Now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are You Watching Right Now?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next