Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

Young Justice Series this Fall

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

Young Justice Series this Fall Empty
PostSubject: Young Justice Series this Fall   Young Justice Series this Fall I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 1:49 pm

Most of you have probably seen the announcement for the new "Young Justice" cartoon coming out this fall on Cartoon Network. While I'm excited because I loved the Young Justice comics (mostly due to the awesome 90's Superboy), I'm also really disappointed with some of their choices. Making Aqualad black for a token character (ala John Stewart GL in JL/JLU)? No Wonder-Girl, and instead an unknown character named "Artemis" who looks like Arrowette (herself instead of Speedy/Red Arrow/Arsenal)? And, worst of all, they went with the current incarnation of Superboy/Conner/Kon-El rather than his original version, which was way cooler.

Young Justice Series this Fall Young_10

Oh well, I guess all I can do is hope that they make some changes QUICK.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87

PostSubject: Re: Young Justice Series this Fall   Young Justice Series this Fall I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:19 pm

Looking forward to this :0)
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Young Justice Series this Fall   Young Justice Series this Fall I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:25 pm

To be honest, even if they don't change anything, I'll still watch it (and probably like it). But I'm kinda disappointed lol.

Good on ya for posting, Hannah. Glad to see you here lol

-Gary
Back to top Go down
badsoul
Gotham Knight Regular
badsoul

PostSubject: Re: Young Justice Series this Fall   Young Justice Series this Fall I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 12:36 am

Also looking forward to this. I do not understand why they did not iclude wondergirl but I guess they wanted to go in a different creative direction. But as long as they make a series with good stories and compelling characters i'm on board.
Back to top Go down
Claudie

Claudie

PostSubject: Re: Young Justice Series this Fall   Young Justice Series this Fall I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 3:26 pm

It will be nice to have a new Robin onscreen in Tim, but I have to say, disappointed for no Garth or Speedy.
Back to top Go down
http://callarkhamquick.agilityhoster.com/

PostSubject: Re: Young Justice Series this Fall   Young Justice Series this Fall I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 11:32 am

gallegra wrote:
To be honest, even if they don't change anything, I'll still watch it (and probably like it). But I'm kinda disappointed lol.

Good on ya for posting, Hannah. Glad to see you here lol

-Gary

Lol. Thanks Gary, still getting use to it, but its a nice forum Smile
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Young Justice Series this Fall   Young Justice Series this Fall I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 6:25 pm

Yeah, I really hope some changes are made. But I'll watch it anyways...

-Gary
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Young Justice Series this Fall   Young Justice Series this Fall I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 11:42 pm

Apparently the black Aqualad is in Brightest Day 4? Anyone seen this?

-Gary
Back to top Go down
badsoul
Gotham Knight Regular
badsoul

PostSubject: Re: Young Justice Series this Fall   Young Justice Series this Fall I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:26 am

gallegra wrote:
Apparently the black Aqualad is in Brightest Day 4? Anyone seen this?

-Gary

In brightest day#4 we are introduced to Jackson Hyde. He is not aqualad yet but he will make that transformation throughout the following issues.

Geoff Johns talks about it for a bit here: http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/06/15/opening-the-vault-%E2%80%93-a-live-action-blue-beetle/
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Young Justice Series this Fall   Young Justice Series this Fall I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:17 am

I'm kinda intrigued now. But, It's actually kinda worse, because now they're creating a token character for the show IN the comics.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
AlexfromLubbock
Gotham Knight Reader
AlexfromLubbock

PostSubject: Re: Young Justice Series this Fall   Young Justice Series this Fall I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:17 am

After seeing the animated trailer I am now waiting for it's release I thought it was going to be more of the same old teen superhero stuff but the premise the animation the fact that it seems more mature now has me thinking it's something more looks as cool as Justice League Unlimited. And the casting of Bruce Greenwood as Batman is interesting the fact that he has a role says this is more accurate to the DC Universe as Batman is always known as the big planer.
Back to top Go down
badsoul
Gotham Knight Regular
badsoul

PostSubject: Re: Young Justice Series this Fall   Young Justice Series this Fall I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 12:47 pm

Agree. I think that the inclusion of the justice league members as mentors is a very smart move. It alludes to how big the DCU realy is. In addition it allows for more complex relationships on the show.
The animation is also a strong point. It looks alot like the crisis on two earths movie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Young Justice Series this Fall   Young Justice Series this Fall I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Young Justice Series this Fall
Page 1 of 1