Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

Archiving Your Comic Collection

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

Archiving Your Comic Collection Empty
PostSubject: Archiving Your Comic Collection   Archiving Your Comic Collection I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:23 pm

Hi guys,

Just would like to find out how you guys store and archive your comics. Do you invest in good quality comic bags, mylites or mylars? Do you board your comics and keep them in comic boxes?

For me, I just board my comics and put them in normal comic bags that your local comic store gives you. Currently I store my comic books on a bookcase, away from direct sunlight. Now, I'm thinking of investing in some comic boxes but it's difficult to get them in Malaysia.

There are only 3 reputable comic stores here in Malaysia and all 3 of them don't bring in comic boxes. Sad
Back to top Go down
badsoul
Gotham Knight Regular
badsoul

PostSubject: Re: Archiving Your Comic Collection   Archiving Your Comic Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 12:40 am

This is one of the reasons I only buy trades. I just put them on a shelf and dont have to worry anymore.

As for your problem with comic boxes, visit this site, it might help: http://collectiondrawer.com/
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: Archiving Your Comic Collection   Archiving Your Comic Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:11 am

Hi Badsoul,

Thanks for the info but the prices are way over my budget. Shocked

I will try to source for a supplier here in Malaysia. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Sergiot0831
Gotham Knight Reader
Sergiot0831

PostSubject: Re: Archiving Your Comic Collection   Archiving Your Comic Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:37 am

Hey Andrewt! I organize my comics in a very simple way. If when I buy a comic I really like it I gets a space on my shelf (by the way I bag and board trades and Reg comics, everything except hardcovers). If the comics just alright I store it away in a file cabinet, the plastic drugstore kind. They are both inexpensive and very usefull, you get easy access to all your comics without having to look through cardboard boxes (which I did for a long time). I hope this was usefull! cyclops
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: Archiving Your Comic Collection   Archiving Your Comic Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 3:59 am

Sergiot0831 wrote:
Hey Andrewt! I organize my comics in a very simple way. If when I buy a comic I really like it I gets a space on my shelf (by the way I bag and board trades and Reg comics, everything except hardcovers). If the comics just alright I store it away in a file cabinet, the plastic drugstore kind. They are both inexpensive and very usefull, you get easy access to all your comics without having to look through cardboard boxes (which I did for a long time). I hope this was usefull! cyclops

Thanks for the tip Sergio. Btw, I'm not too sure how a plastic drugstore file cabinet looks like. Do you have a picture?
Back to top Go down
Sergiot0831
Gotham Knight Reader
Sergiot0831

PostSubject: Re: Archiving Your Comic Collection   Archiving Your Comic Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:20 am

I don't have any pictures but if you go to google images "plastic file cabnets" you'll see alot of pics there. I have the white drawer kind not the individual box kind. You can find them in most large drug store or office supply stores. The three drawer one I have only cost a little over twenty dollars and can hold dozens if not hundreds of comics. If you go out looking for one be sure to take a bag and board with you to see what size you'll need... I didn't do that and had to return one that had drawers about two inches too small. Good luck finding one! Smile
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: Archiving Your Comic Collection   Archiving Your Comic Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:42 am

Thanks again Sergio.

Here's a wooden comic book cabinet that looks really nice. I guess the price depends on which type of material. I don't mind going for something cheaper. Smile

Archiving Your Comic Collection Wood_c12
Back to top Go down
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
jondoe297

PostSubject: Re: Archiving Your Comic Collection   Archiving Your Comic Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 7:15 am

I simply put all my comics into comic longbox - I buy pack of backing boards and sleves and they just get pack neatly away. For my more expensive issues or collector issues I also purchase Mylars - Batman #500 always looks awesome in its bag.

Comic Cubes are nice, but expensive - I was thinking about investing in one of those later on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gothamknightsonline.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archiving Your Comic Collection   Archiving Your Comic Collection I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Archiving Your Comic Collection
Page 1 of 1