Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.
 
HomeLog inFAQRegister

Share | 
 

 The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:23 pm

gallegra wrote:
iod1974 wrote:
Pants make much more sense. I know it is not real life but you would think running around in a bathing suit bottom would present major problems with wedgies and camel toe.

Agreed! Not to mention the sheer fact that your legs have absolutely no protection, whatsoever.

-Gary
Valid point you made there. She always seems to get shot at.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 30
Location : Smallville, Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:25 pm

And she doesn't have bulletproof gauntlets everywhere haha

-Gary
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/Garya87
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:11 pm

gallegra wrote:
And she doesn't have bulletproof gauntlets everywhere haha

-Gary
So true! Is her new outfit already being featured in any comics and whatnot?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 30
Location : Smallville, Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:19 pm

I actually had to look because I've been out of the loop for a while, but yeah it is. I think it has been for a few issues.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/Garya87
iod1974
Gotham Knight Reader
avatar

Posts : 94
Join date : 2010-10-27
Age : 43
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:52 pm

It started in issue 600 of Wonder Woman. That was when they re-numbered the book. JMS took over as writer and ret-con her whole story. It has been a real good read so far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
avatar

Posts : 83
Join date : 2010-09-14

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:59 pm

I started reading at issue 600 and it is really good, it's a real shame that JMS left the series though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/JoeZilla87
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
avatar

Posts : 119
Join date : 2010-09-14

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:05 pm

joezilla87 wrote:
I started reading at issue 600 and it is really good, it's a real shame that JMS left the series though.

I tried reading 600 but I just found (like a lot of the other WW comics I tried to read) that I couldn't get through it. Oh, and another thing about the new costume, doesn't it kinda look like late 80's early 90's Marvel comics?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 30
Location : Smallville, Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:39 pm

ballpointbanana wrote:
...about the new costume, doesn't it kinda look like late 80's early 90's Marvel comics?

Yup. Very Jim Lee...

-Gary
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/Garya87
iod1974
Gotham Knight Reader
avatar

Posts : 94
Join date : 2010-10-27
Age : 43
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:01 am

The costume was designed by Jim Lee. Issue #600 was weak, but starting at 601 it got real good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:53 pm

ballpointbanana wrote:
joezilla87 wrote:
I started reading at issue 600 and it is really good, it's a real shame that JMS left the series though.

I tried reading 600 but I just found (like a lot of the other WW comics I tried to read) that I couldn't get through it. Oh, and another thing about the new costume, doesn't it kinda look like late 80's early 90's Marvel comics?
It really does! Wow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
iod1974
Gotham Knight Reader
avatar

Posts : 94
Join date : 2010-10-27
Age : 43
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:24 pm

All she needs now is a giant gun that is 4 times too big. Maybe she should change her name to X-Woman or X-Wonder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:02 pm

iod1974 wrote:
All she needs now is a giant gun that is 4 times too big. Maybe she should change her name to X-Woman or X-Wonder.
Yee... She really does come off as a Marvel character now.
I never would have thought pants and a jacket would stir up a big deal. Hah!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 30
Location : Smallville, Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:15 pm

iod1974 wrote:
The costume was designed by Jim Lee.

Yeah, I realize, that's why I said it haha.

fawks wrote:
I never would have thought pants and a jacket would stir up a big deal.

I know, right?

-Gary
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/Garya87
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
avatar

Posts : 119
Join date : 2010-09-14

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:51 pm

I guess people really wanna see Wonder Woman almost naked. Which is kinda funny Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 30
Location : Smallville, Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:40 pm

ballpointbanana wrote:
I guess people really wanna see Wonder Woman almost naked. Which is kinda funny Laughing

I know I want t - wait, what? haha

-Gary
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/Garya87
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:27 pm

ballpointbanana wrote:
I guess people really wanna see Wonder Woman almost naked. Which is kinda funny Laughing
Well, I guess you could say that.
Comic books are aimed at the male audience (Podcast #46! Yippee!), and she does stand up for Women, well wait, I just contradicted myself.

But I think I posted this before, but I believe Wonder's debut into the universe, she should have been covered how she is now. Women don't really dress like that, especially underwear-like bottoms, or short skirts as I see her occasionally wear. But it is DC's character, not mine, they have something in store for this change, maybe it is temporarily??
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
avatar

Posts : 119
Join date : 2010-09-14

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:18 am

That's a good point, but men don't exactly dress up like a bat nor do they wear their underwear on top of their unitards either. Anyways, if the creation of Wonder Woman was solely for the purpose of getting girls interested in comics then yeah they shouldn't have done that. But, if they wanted to create a strong female character whom girls could identify with and imitate, while the boys could have a "hot chick" to look at then they kind of hit their mark in that respect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 30
Location : Smallville, Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:41 pm

ballpointbanana wrote:
men don't exactly dress up like a bat nor do they wear their underwear on top of their unitards either.

Wow, that's actually a good point too...one that I don't think I hear raised very often haha

ballpointbanana wrote:
Anyways, if the creation of Wonder Woman was solely for the purpose of getting girls interested in comics then yeah they shouldn't have done that. But, if they wanted to create a strong female character whom girls could identify with and imitate, while the boys could have a "hot chick" to look at then they kind of hit their mark in that respect.

Dang, Dane...just full of good points today haha.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/Garya87
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:51 pm

Hee, brain's a-workin' for him.

I do have to agree with him, I was always interested in Wonder Woman. She was the few female heros that I knew about, I suppose you could call her one of my first DC heroines. Catwoman took the number 1 spot, unfortunately. Hah.

I'm surprised with all these films about comic heros, they haven't implemented a Wonder Woman one yet. She has an interesting background and story. I enjoy stuff about Gods and Goddesses, and utopias and such. They need to span their audiences to females!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 30
Location : Smallville, Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:54 pm

Fawks wrote:
I'm surprised with all these films about comic heros, they haven't implemented a Wonder Woman one yet. She has an interesting background and story. I enjoy stuff about Gods and Goddesses, and utopias and such. They need to span their audiences to females!

She's certainly the number one heroine out there, so I dunno why it's never happened. They've certainly been trying, though.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/Garya87
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:14 pm

gallegra wrote:
Fawks wrote:
I'm surprised with all these films about comic heros, they haven't implemented a Wonder Woman one yet. She has an interesting background and story. I enjoy stuff about Gods and Goddesses, and utopias and such. They need to span their audiences to females!

She's certainly the number one heroine out there, so I dunno why it's never happened. They've certainly been trying, though.

-Gary
Me too. Maybe she just goes unnoticed over the males, I mean, there seems to be a "surge" of hero flicks right now, I mean, "Thor", and "Green Lantern", "Captain America", "Green Hornet", and with the production of "The Dark Knight Rises". I mean, when it comes down to it, maybe Wonder Woman doesn't draw in enough attention for a movie, which is really sad to admit. I think it would be grand. It would definitely shed a different light on the hero world. She-Hulk's live action film was awful.. Golly..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 30
Location : Smallville, Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:22 pm

Fawks wrote:
gallegra wrote:
Fawks wrote:
I'm surprised with all these films about comic heros, they haven't implemented a Wonder Woman one yet. She has an interesting background and story. I enjoy stuff about Gods and Goddesses, and utopias and such. They need to span their audiences to females!

She's certainly the number one heroine out there, so I dunno why it's never happened. They've certainly been trying, though.

-Gary
Me too. Maybe she just goes unnoticed over the males, I mean, there seems to be a "surge" of hero flicks right now, I mean, "Thor", and "Green Lantern", "Captain America", "Green Hornet", and with the production of "The Dark Knight Rises". I mean, when it comes down to it, maybe Wonder Woman doesn't draw in enough attention for a movie, which is really sad to admit. I think it would be grand. It would definitely shed a different light on the hero world. She-Hulk's live action film was awful.. Golly..

I didn't even know there WAS a She-Hulk movie haha.

Interestingly, I pulled up DC Entertainment on the good ole' IMDB Pro account, and here's the list for what they have in production;
Projects In Development (22 titles) Year MOVIE Meter Status
Adam Strange - Production Company 2013 143,816 Pitch
Aquaman - Production Company 2013 11,623 Unknown
Green Lantern 2 - Production Company 2013 18,245 Optioned property
Justice League: Mortal - Production Company 2013 5,971 Unknown
Lobo - Production Company 2013 76,255 Optioned property
Metal Men - Production Company 2013 109,296 Unknown
Teen Titans - Production Company 2013 26,058 Script
The Flash - Production Company 2013 6,782 Script
Wonder Woman - Production Company 2013 4,352 Unknown
Constantine 2 - Production Company 2012 10,035 Optioned property
Doc Savage - Production Company 2012 54,830 Script
Sgt. Rock - Production Company 2012 75,974 Script
Shazam - Production Company 2012 20,664 Script
Suicide Squad - Production Company 2012 145,971 Treatment/outline
Super Max - Production Company 2012 30,435 Script
Fables (TV series) - Production Company 2011 44,859 Unknown
Preacher - Production Company 2011 32,977 Script
Sleeper - Production Company 2011 105,942 Script
The Doom Patrol - Production Company 2011 138,993 Unknown
The Sandman (TV movie) - Production Company 2011 151,403 Optioned property
Wonder Woman (TV movie) - Production Company 2011 13,056 Optioned property
Y: The Last Man - Production Company 2011 23,537 Unknown

And they have Wonder Woman listed as an "Optioned Property" for 2013. Obviously, this isn't a perfect list as Y: The Last Man isn't coming out next year anymore, ut yeah...interesting stuff to ponder. But maybe this list should be on a separate thread haha. I think I'll post the list in the DC Universe thread, so we can talk about it there. But as far as WW's concerned, it's a neat point.

-Gary

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/Garya87
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:28 pm

Wow, that is a lot. I think the Suicide Squad would be amazing. But I think a lot of people would have problems with their name. Especially in my town. : /

I'm really amped for the future now! Isn't "Y" a Vertigo comic? I swear I have it somewhere..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 30
Location : Smallville, Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:30 pm

Fawks wrote:
Isn't "Y" a Vertigo comic? I swear I have it somewhere..

Yeah, it's a Vertigo book. But Vertigo's a DC imprint, so it'd fall under DC for movie/tv rights and all that. It's basically a DC property in disguise...

-Gary
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/Garya87
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:34 pm

gallegra wrote:
Fawks wrote:
Isn't "Y" a Vertigo comic? I swear I have it somewhere..

Yeah, it's a Vertigo book. But Vertigo's a DC imprint, so it'd fall under DC for movie/tv rights and all that. It's basically a DC property in disguise...

-Gary
Ah. I didn't know that. But about that She-Hulk film, it was really terrible - and this is coming from a fan. The actress Brigitte Nielsen played as Jennifer Walters/She-Hulk.
The make-up and costume was interesting as well as the bad 80's hair-do, but the movie was God awful. Hopefully a remake is not being debated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   

Back to top Go down
 
The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Help identifying signature on Raymor ceramic abstract fish plate
» Wonder Woman Pilot Script - All McBeal In The City....
» Hinata is Top 3 girl men want to date
» Scandinavian? Modern Pottery Horse With Male & Female Riders
» Overlayed blue and white vase (my favourite purchase to date)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum :: GENERAL :: General Comic Discussion-
Jump to: