Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

6 Minute DCUO Trailer

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

6 Minute DCUO Trailer Empty
PostSubject: 6 Minute DCUO Trailer   6 Minute DCUO Trailer I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 1:14 am

I assume everyone's all seen the 6 minute trailer for DC Universe Online; I'm wondering what are your thoughts?

Personally, I was blown away. And, as much as I love Adam Baldwin's work on Firefly and Chuck, I thought he was the wrong person to voice Superman; until I saw this trailer! It was great, he was literally perfect for it.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
badsoul
Gotham Knight Regular
badsoul

PostSubject: Re: 6 Minute DCUO Trailer   6 Minute DCUO Trailer I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:45 am

This was amazing. The best thing is that the story is on the same level as the animation. It's very exiting, I've already watched it several times.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: 6 Minute DCUO Trailer   6 Minute DCUO Trailer I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 1:09 pm

I know, right? It was really awesome; I can't wait for this game to come out!!!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
scarygarrey
Gotham Knight Initiated
scarygarrey

PostSubject: Re: 6 Minute DCUO Trailer   6 Minute DCUO Trailer I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 1:28 pm

I'm trying not to get sucked in to DCUO 'cause I have no system or console that will run this... and even if I did I think it would take over my life.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/garreyadams
Boozad
Gotham Knight Regular
Boozad

PostSubject: Re: 6 Minute DCUO Trailer   6 Minute DCUO Trailer I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 2:48 pm

It looks damn good. You can see the Jim Lee influence in the characters, and that trailer is the first time I've ever found Superman remotely interesting, maybe except for Kingdom Come. I think I'll give this a shot even if it's only for a couple of months.

Back to top Go down
scarygarrey
Gotham Knight Initiated
scarygarrey

PostSubject: Re: 6 Minute DCUO Trailer   6 Minute DCUO Trailer I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:12 pm

Boozad wrote:
It looks damn good. You can see the Jim Lee influence in the characters, and that trailer is the first time I've ever found Superman remotely interesting, maybe except for Kingdom Come. I think I'll give this a shot even if it's only for a couple of months.

Ahhhhh dammit! Thanks a LOT Boozad! Got me interested now since you posted the actual trailer... lol Maybe I can work something out and play it some how without it consuming my life. It does looks VERY sweet. And I have to agree with you on Superman. I've just never been that interested in him. There's just only so much you can do with Superman as far as being creative goes. And it always involves Kryptonite. Gets old, that being his only weakness. But what Jim Lee and the rest of the DCUO team has done with Superman is something that seems very different. He has an attitude. Probably 'cause he seems more cynical like Batman, but still. I like the change.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/garreyadams
badsoul
Gotham Knight Regular
badsoul

PostSubject: Re: 6 Minute DCUO Trailer   6 Minute DCUO Trailer I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 4:06 pm

Yeah one does not get to see the bad ass superman everyday. I think sometimes we forget just how powerful he is. I mean this guy can move planets!

Back to top Go down
AlexfromLubbock
Gotham Knight Reader
AlexfromLubbock

PostSubject: Re: 6 Minute DCUO Trailer   6 Minute DCUO Trailer I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 6:57 am

I loved the trailer but really not much of a gamer at all. What's funny is all the fans I see online saying "That should be the JLA movie." It really seems that a CGI movie would be the best way to do a JLA movie since the movies aren't part of eachother like Marvel's movies.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: 6 Minute DCUO Trailer   6 Minute DCUO Trailer I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:09 am

As a big Superman fan, I love the trailer because it's always great when you get to see Superman get pushed to his limit. I see why a lot of people say he's an outdated character or that he's boring, but I think that's what makes him great.

I've heard that a lot too, that people think they should make this into a full length feature. Although I understand that they're planning to do introduce a few of these characters on their own before they start showing this expanded universe, which makes sense in a way. To have these characters all established in their own right before you go merging them all together.

-gary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6 Minute DCUO Trailer   6 Minute DCUO Trailer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6 Minute DCUO Trailer
Page 1 of 1