Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!!

Go down 
+3
gallegra
AlexfromLubbock
Sergiot0831
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sergiot0831
Gotham Knight Reader
Sergiot0831

Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!! Empty
PostSubject: Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!!   Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 1:11 pm

OK, here's the rundown of how things are going to be in Gotham, according to the New York Post and The Source.
Bruce Wayne is going to be Batman.
Dick Grayson is going to be Batman.
Bruce will have the yellow thing around his chest bat. 
Dick will not. 
Damian Wayne will be Robin. 
Bruce is going to handle the worldwide franchising in Batman, Inc.
Dick is going to remain the Batman for Gotham City.
Dick 'Batman' Grayson will be featured in Scott Snyder and Jock's Detective Comics, Peter Tomasi and Patrick Gleason's  Batman and Robin, and Tony Daniel's Batman.
Bruce 'Batman' Wayne will be featured in Grant Morrison and Yanick Paquette's Batman, Inc. and the David Finch written and drawn Batman: The Dark Knight.
It all starts in November.
Also, Frank Quitely didn't get the memo about the yellow bit around the bat.  But it doesn't matter, because he rules both heaven and earth with his pencil and brush and we are all but lowly serfs here to admire him and brandish furs and virgins upon him.

I want to hear what you all think about this news!!!
Back to top Go down
AlexfromLubbock
Gotham Knight Reader
AlexfromLubbock

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!!   Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 2:31 pm

I expected it for some time now and I think many did as well it's great news to me and hopefully it helps others prioritize what they read suddenly it makes sense why there are so many books since some will have Bruce some will have Dick. I know we will get purists "saying that there should only be one Batman it's all b.s.." but really it won't be permanent so just calm down and enjoy the story.

I first suspected it when I saw a shot of Damian Batman walking past a hologram of two Batmen then again when I saw that Frank Quietley cover.
Back to top Go down
Sergiot0831
Gotham Knight Reader
Sergiot0831

PostSubject: Batmen   Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:33 pm

So your saying that They are eventually going to go back to one batman? Why do u think that? There can be two hero with the same name. Look at flash, captain America the atom... I'd like to see two batmen for a while.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!!   Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 3:28 pm

Sergiot0831 wrote:
So your saying that They are eventually going to go back to one batman? Why do u think that? There can be two hero with the same name. Look at flash, captain America the atom... I'd like to see two batmen for a while.

It's never been announced that it's only temporary, but I think we all assume that it will. For the most part, comics are just huge, earth-shattering stories that eventually return to status-quo. so we all doubt it'll last.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
Jon Q. Citizen
Gotham Knight Initiated
Jon Q. Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!!   Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 3:34 am

I don't know Gary, I think Sergio may be right. DC seems to be riding the wave with Batman, Flash, & Green Lantern having more than a few books.....I mean Dick Grayson as Nightwing was outselling Wally West's Flash, so a second Flash book featuring Wally & the rest of the Speedsters cannot be any better than Dick as Batman in a few Bat books. Plus, until JMS revives Superman, what else is DC to do?

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if all these extra titles will be part of some Earth-Shattering Crisis in 2011 or '12 that ends all these "extra" series if they don't sell.
Back to top Go down
http://jonqcitizen.blogspot.com/
Boozad
Gotham Knight Regular
Boozad

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!!   Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 2:56 pm

Utter, utter bollocks.

That's my opinion anyway, and I lay all of the blame at Grant Morrison's feet.
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!!   Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 2:01 am

Mr.Vulture wrote:
I don't know Gary, I think Sergio may be right. DC seems to be riding the wave with Batman, Flash, & Green Lantern having more than a few books.....I mean Dick Grayson as Nightwing was outselling Wally West's Flash, so a second Flash book featuring Wally & the rest of the Speedsters cannot be any better than Dick as Batman in a few Bat books. Plus, until JMS revives Superman, what else is DC to do?

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if all these extra titles will be part of some Earth-Shattering Crisis in 2011 or '12 that ends all these "extra" series if they don't sell.

For me, I don't really mind if that's what DC plans to do with Batman. I'll most certainly tag along for the ride only if DC and the Batman creative team keep giving us good solid stories.

Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!!   Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:44 am

AndrewT wrote:
For me, I don't really mind if that's what DC plans to do with Batman. I'll most certainly tag along for the ride only if DC and the Batman creative team keep giving us good solid stories.

Exactly how I feel, Andrew.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Sergiot0831
Gotham Knight Reader
Sergiot0831

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!!   Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:39 pm

With these new titles the batfamily will have more ongoing series than any other( even x-men!! And damn they have a lot of books)
Back to top Go down
iod1974
Gotham Knight Reader
iod1974

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!!   Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 7:57 pm

makes me worried that the quality will be watered down and that dc is just cashing in.
Back to top Go down
AlexfromLubbock
Gotham Knight Reader
AlexfromLubbock

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!!   Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 6:37 am

iod1974 wrote:
makes me worried that the quality will be watered down and that dc is just cashing in.

Just read The Return and looking at some of the names involved I think the books can be good.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!!   Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 8:25 am

Guess we'll find out...

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!!   Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson!!!
Page 1 of 1