Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse

Go down 
+2
gallegra
scarygarrey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
scarygarrey
Gotham Knight Initiated
scarygarrey

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Empty
PostSubject: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse   Superman/Batman: Apocalypse I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:02 am

Hypothetically speaking, say I watched an...advance copy of Superman/Batman: Apocalypse. And I wasn't too impressed with it. Public Enemies was way better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/garreyadams
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse   Superman/Batman: Apocalypse I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 9:31 pm

I've heard a few others say that, but I loved it. Granted, I'm more of a Superman fan than most of the people I've talked to about it, so that's probably why. That and Summer Glau voicing Supergirl, of course.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse   Superman/Batman: Apocalypse I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:04 pm

I enjoyed watching it but not as much as I enjoyed watching Batman: Under The Red Hood or Public Enemies. For me, this movie is more about Superman than Batman. The tone and manner is different compared to Public Enemies. Story direction is different as well.

I'm sure most of us noticed that Batman has very little screen time compared to Superman, Supergirl and even Wonder Woman.

Overall, Superman Batman Apocalypse was a fine piece of animated story-telling but not as good as Wonder Woman or Batman:Under The Red Hood. If I may add, these 2 films are the benchmark for WB/DC Animated Films.

Now, I'm really looking forward to watching 'All Star Superman'. I'm not really a Superman fan but the comic series blew me away. It was and is still my all-time favourite Superman story thanks to Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely.

I reckon Warner Bros should bring forward the release date of the animated film since Bruce Timm mentioned that the film is completed and 'in the can'.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse   Superman/Batman: Apocalypse I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:11 pm

AndrewT wrote:
I'm sure most of us noticed that Batman has very little screen time compared to Superman, Supergirl and even Wonder Woman.

I have to say though, whenever Batman WAS there he totally stole the show.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
ballpointbanana

PostSubject: Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse   Superman/Batman: Apocalypse I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:27 pm

He did bring something essential to the story that no one else could bring. But the movie could have been way better than it was, the animation was sloppy, could have been written better etc... I loved the fight scenes though and Kevin Conroy is still at the top of his game after 18 years.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse   Superman/Batman: Apocalypse I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 1:15 am

I had read an online review of Superman/Batman Apocalypse, and was pretty disappointed with what the reviewer had to say. They'd pretty much said things similar to the points listed here that people didn't like; the animation was kinda weird, the whole movie was just one big fight scene with little story and even less dialogue, and that they felt Public Enemies was better. I was kinda sad, and considered not even buying the movie. SO GLAD I RECONSIDERED!!!

The animation, though different from what most of us are probably used to, was definately a nod to the late Michael Turner. That alone, I really like. In all honesty, I wasn't a huge Michael Turner fan while he was living or even after he'd passed on. But I do respect his work, in that he put himself into the art he shared with us and that alone earns him props. Also, the animation extends a degree of respect for the late artist and what he shared with us, in drawing some of our favorite characters. So, again, kinda cool.

Was there alot of fighting in this movie? Yeah. There was also a bit of fighting in the comic series it was based on,...so, to expect different wouldn't make a lot of sense. But, was this movie all fighting with no plot and no story? Not at all! The story was there, and if you paid attention and focused on it, you couldn't miss it. You saw the story of family, in a two fold way. There was the family of Clark and Kara, but also the Clark, Bruce, Diana triangle,...and how, even though Clark had strong feelings about what he felt was right for Kara, he also took in to consideration and listened to his two closest friends and allies. Also, there was the strain on Clark and Kara's relationship in that he thought he knew what was best for her, but wasn't really taking into consideration her thoughts and wants or desires,...which, in turn, led to her wanting to rebel. But in the end, the bonds of friendship and family won out,...which is always a cool ending. I mean, hey, even Bruce smiled and clapped at the end,...and we all know how incredibly hard that is for him to do,...LOL!!!!!!!

Anyway, all in all, I thought it was great and though some, many, or most might not agree with me,...I actually liked it more than Public Enemies,...as a story. The only thing Public Enemies had over this movie in my opinion was more screen time for Bruce,...which is always a great thing, especially when Conroy's voicing him!

Oh, and last but certainly not least, the Green Arrow short was AWESOME!!! I loved it. But, through the whole thing I have to admit, I was yelling at the TV the way my dad does during football and basekball games, saying, "WHERE IS DINAH!!!! THERE IS NO WAY SHE IS NOT HEARING ALL THIS!!!! WHERE THE #@!%$*& IS SHE!!!!" And then when she finally showed up, I was like, "Where the heck were you?!?!?! You were supposed to be covering your partner! When your boy is bein' attacked by like fi'ty guys, you back him up!!! That's your job! Where was your back up?!?!?! Next time, you move quicker! Get there quicker and back up your partner!!!"

Anywho, that's my two cents on this new release. As a whole with the movie, the Ollie short, the Supergirl special, the All Star Superman info, and the four Superman the Animated series episodes,..outta 10 stars, I'd give it a solid 8.
Back to top Go down
AlexfromLubbock
Gotham Knight Reader
AlexfromLubbock

PostSubject: Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse   Superman/Batman: Apocalypse I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 4:26 pm

gallegra wrote:
I've heard a few others say that, but I loved it. Granted, I'm more of a Superman fan than most of the people I've talked to about it, so that's probably why. That and Summer Glau voicing Supergirl, of course.

-Gary

Could you take her boyfriend in a fight?
Back to top Go down
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
ballpointbanana

PostSubject: Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse   Superman/Batman: Apocalypse I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 4:37 pm

Of course Gary can. When your last name is shared with the #1 prescribed Antihistimine plus decongestant allergy medicine on the market, anything is possible.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse   Superman/Batman: Apocalypse I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 9:09 pm

ballpointbanana wrote:
Of course Gary can. When your last name is shared with the #1 prescribed Antihistimine plus decongestant allergy medicine on the market, anything is possible.

Plus, fun fact, my nickname with some of my friends is "The Italian Stallion", because I'm Italian and love the Rocky movies. So, yeah; I'm a black belt, nicknamed the Italian Stallion, and my last name is the same as that of the number one allergy medication. I could take 'im.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
ballpointbanana

PostSubject: Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse   Superman/Batman: Apocalypse I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 11:23 pm

gallegra wrote:
ballpointbanana wrote:

Plus, fun fact, my nickname with some of my friends is "The Italian Stallion", because I'm Italian and love the Rocky movies. So, yeah; I'm a black belt, nicknamed the Italian Stallion, and my last name is the same as that of the number one allergy medication. I could take 'im.

-Gary

Wow.....Are......You.....(Italian).....Batman!?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse   Superman/Batman: Apocalypse I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 8:45 am

Hahaha, far from it.

(But yes)

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse   Superman/Batman: Apocalypse I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse
Page 1 of 1