Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

Anyone been watching Smallville?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

Anyone been watching Smallville? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone been watching Smallville?   Anyone been watching Smallville? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 5:03 pm

Anyone been watching Smallville? The first few episodes have been pretty great, and he's FINALLY wearing Red and Blue again, but with an "S" too!

Anyone been watching Smallville? Smallv10

This show makes me happy every week! Lovin' it!

-Gary

Last edited by gallegra on Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
ballpointbanana

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been watching Smallville?   Anyone been watching Smallville? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 11:02 pm

Amazing that the show has lasted almost 10 years, I watched the first season when it was first broadcast, then I tried to watch the second season and lost my interest. Don't really like the show, but I love that chick who played Lana, she was pretty hot.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been watching Smallville?   Anyone been watching Smallville? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 8:40 am

Hahaha. Seriously, if you haven't seen it since the first season, it's a TOTALLY different show now. For the first few years it was all teen angst and high school, and since then it's been evolving into something wayyyyy cooler.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been watching Smallville?   Anyone been watching Smallville? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 10:48 pm

Hi Guys!

I have a question. I'm thinking of watching Smallville. Which season would be best to start? Season 5. 6 or 7?
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been watching Smallville?   Anyone been watching Smallville? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 10:52 pm

If you guys love watching Smallville, you should get the Superman: Earth One graphic novel coming out this month. I heard it is inspired by the TV series.

Back to top Go down
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
ballpointbanana

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been watching Smallville?   Anyone been watching Smallville? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 11:22 pm

AndrewT wrote:
If you guys love watching Smallville, you should get the Superman: Earth One graphic novel coming out this month. I heard it is inspired by the TV series.

funny because I had a copy pre ordered call me ignorant but I didn't know the word was that it was inspired by the tv show. Curious to see what JMS has to offer up
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been watching Smallville?   Anyone been watching Smallville? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:12 pm

AndrewT wrote:
I have a question. I'm thinking of watching Smallville. Which season would be best to start? Season 5. 6 or 7?

I'm kinda torn here, because while season 5 contains my favorite episode of Smallville ever (Episode 100, "Reckoning"), if you're talking about a season as a jumping-off point for the current storylines season 7 is the best. It wraps up many previous storylines, and sets the stage for the radically different season 8-10.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
ballpointbanana

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been watching Smallville?   Anyone been watching Smallville? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:05 pm

kinda out of the blue but which episode was the one where Clark is checking Lana out but he cant get near her because she has a kryptonite necklace and then he dances with her but its only an illusion?

that's the only episode of smallville i remember
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been watching Smallville?   Anyone been watching Smallville? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 10:48 pm

That's actually the pilot haha. The show has totally changed a lot since then...

-Gary
Back to top Go down
AlexfromLubbock
Gotham Knight Reader
AlexfromLubbock

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been watching Smallville?   Anyone been watching Smallville? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 8:28 am

The only thing that bothered me was the pants it made him look like he made a cheap costume. I am curious about Darkseid.
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been watching Smallville?   Anyone been watching Smallville? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 1:07 am

gallegra wrote:
AndrewT wrote:

I'm kinda torn here, because while season 5 contains my favorite episode of Smallville ever (Episode 100, "Reckoning"), if you're talking about a season as a jumping-off point for the current storylines season 7 is the best. It wraps up many previous storylines, and sets the stage for the radically different season 8-10.

-Gary

Thanks for the heads up Gary! Season 7 it is then! Smile

Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been watching Smallville?   Anyone been watching Smallville? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 11:46 pm

AlexfromLubbock wrote:
The only thing that bothered me was the pants it made him look like he made a cheap costume. I am curious about Darkseid.

I can see that. And I agree, after last week's episode I'm really intrigued to see how they're going to bring in Darkseid.

AndrewT wrote:
Thanks for the heads up Gary! Season 7 it is then!

No problemo, let me know what you think of it!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
AlexfromLubbock
Gotham Knight Reader
AlexfromLubbock

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been watching Smallville?   Anyone been watching Smallville? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 6:38 am

gallegra wrote:
AlexfromLubbock wrote:

I can see that. And I agree, after last week's episode I'm really intrigued to see how they're going to bring in Darkseid.

AndrewT wrote:
Thanks for the heads up Gary! Season 7 it is then!

No problemo, let me know what you think of it!

-Gary

Now that I saw Darkseid I was not to bothered by him only the fact that Godfrey was a man possessed by Darkseid not one of his followers. I am looking forward to the 200th episode.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been watching Smallville?   Anyone been watching Smallville? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 1:22 pm

Daaaaaannnng, for those of us here who watch Smallville, last night was an awesome episode! It brought back one of the greatest villains of the show, at his worst!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
AlexfromLubbock
Gotham Knight Reader
AlexfromLubbock

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been watching Smallville?   Anyone been watching Smallville? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 2:34 pm

gallegra wrote:
Daaaaaannnng, for those of us here who watch Smallville, last night was an awesome episode! It brought back one of the greatest villains of the show, at his worst!

-Gary

Last night's episode was great I only had a problem that we did not see enough of Ultra-Man. Next weeks looks like it could be cool but their version of Deathstroke is very disappointing.

Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been watching Smallville?   Anyone been watching Smallville? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:20 pm

AlexfromLubbock wrote:
Last night's episode was great I only had a problem that we did not see enough of Ultra-Man.

I agree! I mean, I understand that they wanted to focus on Clark and Lionel, but still...I would have loved to see Ultra-Man destroying Green Arrow/JLA members and fooling everyone, like Bizzarro did in S7 but more evil and aggressive.

AlexfromLubbock wrote:
Next weeks looks like it could be cool but their version of Deathstroke is very disappointing.

Agreed...I get that they're trying to play on Clark being patriotic and the government he loves going against him and all that, but I don't think they needed to make it Deathstroke doing it. Especially since their Deathstroke is basically John McCain with an eyepatch, pretty non-threatening for Clark...but oh well.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
AlexfromLubbock
Gotham Knight Reader
AlexfromLubbock

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been watching Smallville?   Anyone been watching Smallville? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:43 pm

gallegra wrote:

AlexfromLubbock wrote:
Next weeks looks like it could be cool but their version of Deathstroke is very disappointing.

Agreed...I get that they're trying to play on Clark being patriotic and the government he loves going against him and all that, but I don't think they needed to make it Deathstroke doing it. Especially since their Deathstroke is basically John McCain with an eyepatch, pretty non-threatening for Clark...but oh well.

-Gary

If anything they should have made him another character like Wade Eiling. It looks like Hawkman is dying next episode. Still last's episode was good the ending was very cool.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been watching Smallville?   Anyone been watching Smallville? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:20 pm

I agree; I called it after Clark jumped back with the mirror box. And Hawkman has a few more lives, it's no big haha.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been watching Smallville?   Anyone been watching Smallville? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone been watching Smallville?
Page 1 of 1