Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inFAQRegister

Share | 

Batman Incorporated

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie

PostSubject: Batman Incorporated   Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:11 pm

Should I really start buying this new series? It looks really promising, and I like the idea of how Batman is going global. Or do you think it's just a dead-end comic book idea?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader

PostSubject: Re: Batman Incorporated   Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:11 am

I think if you like the idea of Batman going global, then I think you will probably like it. I'm not really in to the whole Batman Incorporated idea, so I didn't enjoy it as much as the other Bat titles. Even though I don't really like idea of Batman Incorporated, I am enjoying having both Bruce and Dick as Batman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlexfromLubbock
Gotham Knight Reader

PostSubject: Re: Batman Incorporated   Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:38 am

Fawks wrote:
Should I really start buying this new series? It looks really promising, and I like the idea of how Batman is going global. Or do you think it's just a dead-end comic book idea?

The first issue was really fun pretty much it is Grant Morrison's version of the Batman Brave and he Bold series Bruce teams up with two or three partners and they are in a crazy adventure the first one is out already this week is the second one check it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay Kay
Gotham Knight Reader

PostSubject: Re: Batman Incorporated   Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:59 am

Fawks wrote:
Should I really start buying this new series?

Yes.

YES.

If the first issue's any indication, this is probably going to be the best Bat-book being published.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jaredk1
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader

PostSubject: Re: Batman Incorporated   Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:19 pm

I think you should start buying it. I thought the first issue wasn't bad but like all his other comics Morrison writes good stories imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/JoeZilla87
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Batman Incorporated   Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:04 am

Awesome! Thanks guys. I'm a little skeptical when it comes to new series, even if it's a Bat-titled one. The cover's to Batman Europa look absolutely tempting to buy, too. But nothing else has been catching my eye, unfortunately.
I remember in the podcasts, you guys were talking about Catwoman and a squid monster? I noticed in Batman Inc. #2 there was tentacles; I listen to the podcasts while I'm on the internet, I substitute it for my music so sometimes I don't catch everything you guys talk about, but not enough to be lost. And someone mentioned one of the issues to be a bit.. embarrassing to read.

Is Batman Inc. #1 that issue? I just want to be sure, ha. Don't want to go flailing that comic around if it is so.

And I'm a huge fan of Morrison's works. I smell a car ride to the shop today. c:
Back to top Go down
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader

PostSubject: Re: Batman Incorporated   Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:30 pm

Fawks wrote:
Awesome! Thanks guys. I'm a little skeptical when it comes to new series, even if it's a Bat-titled one. The cover's to Batman Europa look absolutely tempting to buy, too. But nothing else has been catching my eye, unfortunately.
I remember in the podcasts, you guys were talking about Catwoman and a squid monster? I noticed in Batman Inc. #2 there was tentacles; I listen to the podcasts while I'm on the internet, I substitute it for my music so sometimes I don't catch everything you guys talk about, but not enough to be lost. And someone mentioned one of the issues to be a bit.. embarrassing to read.

Is Batman Inc. #1 that issue? I just want to be sure, ha. Don't want to go flailing that comic around if it is so.

And I'm a huge fan of Morrison's works. I smell a car ride to the shop today. c:

Yeah, the issue they were talking about in the podcast with the squid, and being a little embarrassing was Batman Inc. #1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlexfromLubbock
Gotham Knight Reader

PostSubject: Re: Batman Incorporated   Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:30 pm

It was a fun issue though I am sure people already nervous about this concept will be a little uneasy by the ending it definitely read like a Batman global adventure fun with crazy action and a weird villain Batman and Catwoman it seems Morrison made some slight reference to his own changes of Batman in the comic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Batman Incorporated   Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:29 pm

Awesome! Well today I just purchased Batman Inc. #2, asked for them if they could order a shipment of #1 for me, hopefully they do get this one in and actually contact me this time. But I liked it. The art was great. And this story just has a great... "feel" to it. I think that's the best way I could put it.
Back to top Go down
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader

PostSubject: Re: Batman Incorporated   Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:22 pm

Cool! I'll probably be getting issue 2 this weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Batman Incorporated   Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:34 pm

J Knight5 wrote:
Cool! I'll probably be getting issue 2 this weekend.
Go for it!
I just read the second time through, and the art style takes a while to adjust to. I'm really used to Williams' style a lot. I'm not a huge fan of the heavy inking and thick lines, but the way Selina is portrayed and how Bruce looks older is grand.

The ending is swell! I'll tell you that much. c:
Back to top Go down
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader

PostSubject: Re: Batman Incorporated   Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:42 pm

Quote :
The ending is swell! I'll tell you that much. c:

Nice! Even though I didn't think the first issue was great, I'm still looking forward to see where this series goes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
White Lantern Batman

PostSubject: Re: Batman Incorporated   Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:21 am

What do you guys think of the Nightrunner character who is the Batman of France I think? He kinda looks like a ninja version of Nightwing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Batman Incorporated   Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:18 pm

White Lantern Batman wrote:
What do you guys think of the Nightrunner character who is the Batman of France I think? He kinda looks like a ninja version of Nightwing.
He really does, but he looks more hostile than Dick as Nightwing. I'm really curious to see what he's all about. I see myself taking a huge liking to him. But his costume is a bit.. boring, but it is indeed more realistic and believable.
Back to top Go down
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader

PostSubject: Re: Batman Incorporated   Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:05 pm

I Just read issue 2, and I have to say that I enjoyed it more than first. I loved how Batman took out Death Man at the end, and what he did to him afterward.

One thing I didn't like was how the Batman of Japan is wearing a suit almost Identical to Bruce's. I was kind of hoping that the different Batmen would have different costumes than what Bruce, and Dick are wearing. Kind of like how Nightrunner's suite is. I agree with you Fawks, he seems like he's going to be a good character. I enjoyed his story in the new Batman Annual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay Kay
Gotham Knight Reader

PostSubject: Re: Batman Incorporated   Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:48 pm

J Knight5 wrote:
I Just read issue 2, and I have to say that I enjoyed it more than first. I loved how Batman took out Death Man at the end, and what he did to him afterward.

One thing I didn't like was how the Batman of Japan is wearing a suit almost Identical to Bruce's. I was kind of hoping that the different Batmen would have different costumes than what Bruce, and Dick are wearing. Kind of like how Nightrunner's suite is. I agree with you Fawks, he seems like he's going to be a good character. I enjoyed his story in the new Batman Annual.

From what I understand, this little two-parter was sort-of Morrison's unique way of making the Batman manga in the 60s in continuity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jaredk1
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular

PostSubject: Re: Batman Incorporated   Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:44 am

I can't help but feel that all these new crime fighters will be around for a little while but will fade into obscurity when the whole Excitement behind Batman Inc. dies down. Either that or they will succeed and week have to buy 10 more comics a month
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin

PostSubject: Re: Batman Incorporated   Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:22 am

So far, Batman Inc has been promising. I can't wait to see what else Grant Morrison has in store for us, story wise.

Gotham Knight Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Batman Incorporated   Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:11 pm

I liked issue 2 way more than issue 1. Don't know why was just more fun to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nomoregameblogs.com
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader

PostSubject: Re: Batman Incorporated   Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:22 am

Quote :
From what I understand, this little two-parter was sort-of Morrison's unique way of making the Batman manga in the 60s in continuity.

That's interesting, I never knew they had a Batman manga in the 60s.

Quote :
I can't help but feel that all these new crime fighters will be around for a little while but will fade into obscurity when the whole Excitement behind Batman Inc. dies down. Either that or they will succeed and week have to buy 10 more comics a month

I bet you're going to be right about a lot of these new Batmen. There's probably only going to be a handful of new characters that become popular and maybe get a shot at their own title.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JHandibode

PostSubject: This book is fantastic   Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:08 pm

The Storyline was great and easy to understand. I had hard time with RIP. But Batman INC's story was fast pace and you see the villian in action right away taking out a hero. And the villian originated from Japanese Batman manga which is cool in my book.

Grant Morrison really did a great job with the relationship between Selina Kyle and Bruce Wayne. They work so well together in this book. I really think Bruce Wayne Batman should have Catwoman as his partner in this book series. I am glad that all the writers including Morrison are recognizing the romance part of the two. I am so happy for Batman/Catwoman- Finally they close.

I liked the first two issues alot. I look forward to issue #3. I will definitely be keeping up with this series.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader

PostSubject: Re: Batman Incorporated   Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:38 pm

I have to say, it was also nice to have an arch wrap up in just two issues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matttco
Gotham Knight Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Batman Incorporated   Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:13 pm

I liked that it was only 2 issues as well, which is strange because in interviews he said they would be mini 3 issue arcs but nope boom this one was done in two and onto the next zany adventure Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nomoregameblogs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batman Incorporated   

Back to top Go down

Batman Incorporated
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1