Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s)

Go down 
+6
badsoul
TheXtremisT
scarygarrey
gallegra
jondoe297
AndrewT
10 posters
AuthorMessage
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s) Empty
PostSubject: Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s)   Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:57 am

Hi all,

Thought it would make an interesting topic to share your favorite episode(s) on the 90s Batman: The Animated Series. It was a great series while it lasted.

For me, one of my favorite episodes and arguably the most memorable for me was 'Harley's Holiday'. It was hilarious and well-written at the same time, thanks to Paul Dini. The one-liners from Harley Quinn was excellent. The scene where the General went after Harley with a tank for kidnapping his daughter was a classic. And the best part was the ending - Harley Quinn giving Batman a big smooch in Arkham Asylum.

tongue
Back to top Go down
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
jondoe297

PostSubject: Re: Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s)   Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:16 pm

Oh there are so many to choose from!!!

The ones that stick in my mind the most are all mainly from season one. I think that's because these are what cemented my love for Batman. The very first episode I watched was "The Cat and the Claw" pt2 and then "On Leather Wings" this naturally has Man-Bat in so I've got to say they are my favorites.

As the animated series progressed in the Adventure of Batman I started to fall out of love a little more!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gothamknightsonline.com
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s)   Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:44 pm

As always, I'm a little late in the game...

The one I really always remember fondly, I don't remember the title or episode number of. It was where Bruce lost his sight, and had to use that vision helmet that tapped into his brain somehow...I don't remember why, but that's one of the ones I liked the most.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87

PostSubject: Re: Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s)   Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s) I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 11:01 pm

They have Batman the animated series at http://www.FavoriteTVshow.com They have a small sign-up fee but it is a one time thing only and after this you get unlimited access to old and new shows episodes downloads including full series. The episodes are full-length with an instant download. They also give you for free the software to convert them to DVD, so you can build your collection and watch them on your TV, make your own videos, etc.
=======================
SEO Costs |SEO Prices
Back to top Go down
scarygarrey
Gotham Knight Initiated
scarygarrey

PostSubject: Re: Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s)   Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s) I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 10:08 am

I don't remember what it was called or really which season but Batman had got amnesia and he was being held captive in some western place where him and several other were being used for slaves. Batman had been in disguise for something. Had white hair. Also the clayface ones were good too. Really I love 'em all. Just the amnesia one stuck out in my mind.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/garreyadams
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
jondoe297

PostSubject: Re: Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s)   Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s) I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:17 pm

Yep - another great episode from season one Smile
Back to top Go down
TheXtremisT
Gotham Knight Reader
TheXtremisT

PostSubject: Re: Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s)   Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s) I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 5:36 am

I really liked the clayface episodes
It made me appreciate the DC Universe Classics figure of him even more since he was based on his TAS appearence
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s)   Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s) I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 12:00 pm

I always loved Clayface too! Probably in my top 3 villains from TAS.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
jondoe297

PostSubject: Re: Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s)   Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s) I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 1:27 pm

TheXtremisT wrote:
I really liked the clayface episodes
It made me appreciate the DC Universe Classics figure of him even more since he was based on his TAS appearence

I love how there using using the animated version more as well. He ROCKS... I might post the Clayface Who's Who this weekend.
Back to top Go down
badsoul
Gotham Knight Regular
badsoul

PostSubject: Re: Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s)   Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:46 pm

My all time favourite episode is: Almost Got 'Im.

This particular episode shows several Bat-villains discussing how they almost defeated Batman.
This simple premise is great. But the twist in the story and the ending are the selling points on this episode. That is why I won't spoil anything here. If you haven't watched this episode, do yourself a favor and watch this masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
scarygarrey
Gotham Knight Initiated
scarygarrey

PostSubject: Re: Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s)   Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 8:52 pm

I remember that one. That was a really great episode. I have the DVD collection with that episode. Can't remember which volume but I have the first 2. I think I may actually have that saved to my DVR as well. There's a Disney channel that re-runs Batman TAS once a week and I record them all.
Back to top Go down
Sergiot0831
Gotham Knight Reader
Sergiot0831

PostSubject: Re: Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s)   Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 11:48 pm

I loved the episode where batman tries to save clayface. They had a fight in the rain so clayface is melting. Clayface fall from the cliff into a river. That's the one episode that's really stayed with me.
Back to top Go down
scarygarrey
Gotham Knight Initiated
scarygarrey

PostSubject: Re: Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s)   Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:50 am

Just watched an episode I had forgot about. "Beware The Gray Ghost"

A LONG plot summary from wikipedia:

In flashback, a young Bruce Wayne is watching an episode of his favorite show, "The Gray Ghost". Cutting between the past and the present, the same thing is seen happening in the present as in the TV show: a whirring sound is heard, followed by a massive explosion that destroys a building. The police receive a ransom note, signed "The Mad Bomber". In the show, the Gray Ghost is shown jumping off a neighboring building to investigate, while in the present Batman does the exact same thing. Batman sees the connection, but does not remember the end of the episode, since he fell asleep before it was over. Bruce Wayne tries to find a tape of the show, but he is told that it is impossible to find, as the prints were lost in a studio fire years earlier. Looking up the show at the library, Bruce finds Simon Trent, the actor who played the Gray Ghost, is still alive and is living in Gotham.

An elderly Trent is shown living in a seedy apartment, with his landlord demanding the unpaid rent. Trent gets a call from his agent, and finds he has been rejected for another part. He has been unable to get work since his glory days as the Gray Ghost, due to being typecast. In despair over his failed career, Trent trashes his apartment. Fed up with his Gray Ghost memorabilia, he takes it all to a toy store, selling it for as much as the owner, a young man named Ted, is willing to pay. Trent returns home and falls asleep. When he wakes up all his stuff has been returned, and a note from Batman is attached to his Gray Ghost costume, summoning Trent to a meeting. A reluctant Trent shows up and Batman asks for his help. Trent says he doesn't remember the details of the "Mad Bomber" episode; he made hundreds of them. He angrily tells Batman to leave him alone, but then the same whirring noise is heard, and the Gotham Bank explodes. Batman goes to investigate, while Trent runs back to his home.

When Trent arrives, Batman is already there. Trent reluctantly opens his closet and reveals old film reels: a complete collection of "The Gray Ghost". He gives Batman the episode and asks to be left in peace. Bruce watches the film at home (enjoying it), and discovers the source of the whirring noise: radio-controlled toy cars, carrying explosives. Forewarned, he and the police lie in wait at the next target, the Gotham Library. As a set of cars speed toward the library, one is destroyed by a police sniper, another by Batman with a flamethrower. The last car breaks off and Batman pursues it into an alley. At the end of the alley, he finds the car is a decoy, and turns to see another trio of cars racing toward him.

Batman is trapped, but then a rope falls from above, and Batman climbs it just as the cars hit and explode. Reaching the top, Batman finds Trent, dressed in full costume. Batman gives him the toy car, which Trent identifies as an authentic piece of Gray Ghost merchandise. Batman invites the Gray Ghost to help him. Trent hesitates, but then another set of toy cars appear. Both heroes jump into the Batmobile and speed away, managing to evade and detonate the cars harmlessly. Batman takes the Gray Ghost to the Batcave. The Gray Ghost notices its similarity to the "Gray Ghost Lair" from the TV show. Batman also reveals a special corner where he still keeps some Gray Ghost merchandise from his childhood. He tells Trent he watched him as a child, and that the Gray Ghost was an inspiration to him. Trent replies, "So it wasn't all for nothing..."

Batman scans the car for fingerprints, and finds Trent's on it. He turns and confronts him. Trent swears he's innocent, he sold his toy cars a while ago to pay his rent...meaning the Mad Bomber is Ted, the toy collector. Batman confronts Ted, who is obsessed with his toys, and needs the money to buy more. He traps Batman with a ring of toy cars, but then Trent appears in costume and takes him down. A fire starts, and they escape the building before an explosion destroys the toy shop, much to Ted's agony.

Trent is hailed as a hero, and his career is re-started by the release of "The Gray Ghost" on video and broadcast television. His saved merchandise is now highly valuable, making him highly lucrative. While signing autographs at a convention, he is approached by Bruce Wayne, who says that he used to watch "The Gray Ghost" with his father, and that Gray Ghost was, and still is, his hero. Having heard these same words from Batman, Trent realizes who Bruce Wayne really is, which he acknowledges with a smile.

Great episode!
Back to top Go down
badsoul
Gotham Knight Regular
badsoul

PostSubject: Re: Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s)   Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 1:47 am

Fun fact: the gray ghost was voiced by Adam West!
Back to top Go down
redrobin

redrobin

PostSubject: Re: Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s)   Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:27 pm

I personally found the episode "Over the Edge" to be really good where Batgirl gets sprayed by Scarecrow gas and sees her falling off the roof, dying, her dad discovering her secret identity, Gordon figuring out Batman's identity attacking Batman in the batcave, and then later hiring Bane to stop Batman but ends up "killing both Gordon and Batman right as Barbara is waking up. Great episode from the New Adventures of Batman.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s)   Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 8:37 am

Good stuff! I forgot about some of these...

-Gary
Back to top Go down
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader
J Knight5

PostSubject: Re: Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s)   Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:50 am

My favorite episode from BTAS is Appointment in Crime Alley.
I love the music in this episode, and I love how this episode deals with Bruce's parents murder, and his relationship with Leslie. The last shot in this episode is my favorite ending to an episode. Where the shot of Batman and leslie turns into the old photograph of Bruce as a kid with Leslie. Great stuff. From Gotham Knights, it's definatley Over The Edge.
Back to top Go down
iod1974
Gotham Knight Reader
iod1974

PostSubject: Re: Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s)   Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 12:21 pm

PERCHANCE TO DREAM

Bruce Wayne wakes up to find his dearest wish has come true: his parents are not dead, and he is not and has never been Batman. Not only that, but he's engaged to Selina Kyle. At first he's ecstatic, but a number of clues force him to the conclusion that somehow this is all an elaborate charade. His quest to find the truth eventually pits Bruce against Batman in a surreal battle atop a church tower. Batman is unmasked and revealed to be the Mad Hatter, who has put Bruce in a forced dream state. Bruce's only way to wake up is to throw himself from the tower, which he does -- and returns to his life as the Dark Knight.
I loved the part where Bruce couldn’t read because the hemisphere in the brain where dreaming occurs is not the hemisphere where we process reading. What an intelligent show.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s)   Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 1:18 pm

I don't remember that one...that sounds really cool!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
iod1974
Gotham Knight Reader
iod1974

PostSubject: Re: Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s)   Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Plus the title comes from Hamlet, which is my all time favorite thing ever written. One time in the comic version of the Batman Adventures they had a movie/ playhouse marquee that read Hamlet staring Kevin Conroy. I wanted that to be real so I could go see it.
Back to top Go down
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader
J Knight5

PostSubject: Re: Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s)   Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 8:19 pm

Perchance To Dream is another great episode. I remember hearing that's it's Kevin Conroy's favorite episode also.

Last edited by J Knight5 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
iod1974
Gotham Knight Reader
iod1974

PostSubject: Re: Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s)   Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 8:13 am

J Knight5

-That's a really cool Batman Picture you are using.
I see you just joined up to Gotham Knight Online- Welcome it is a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s)   Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 1:24 pm

Agreed, awesome avy J Knight5! And that's cool to know, that it's one of Conroy's favorites. If it gets his stamp of approval, it's got to be good!

And J Knight5, don't forget to introduce yourself down at our Introductions Thread, down under "Chill Out at Wayne Manor"!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader
J Knight5

PostSubject: Re: Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s)   Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:13 pm

Thanks guys. I always did love that shot from Robin's Reckoning. And I will definitely introduce myself in the introduction thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s)   Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Batman: TAS - Favorite Episode(s)
Page 1 of 1