Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

Introductions Thread

Go down 
+14
iod1974
matttco
Boozad
Batman knows Karate
Sergiot0831
wessimpson
badsoul
Jon Q. Citizen
TheXtremisT
scarygarrey
DarkKnightQc
jondoe297
gallegra
AndrewT
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

Introductions Thread Empty
PostSubject: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:35 pm

Looks like there are now a total of 35 members in the GKO Forum to date but only a handful of these members are active. Come on guys! Don't be shy. Drop us a message or post a topic. We promise we won't bite. Besides, the forum definitely need more activity and participation from the members.

So, start posting and introduce yourself to all of us!
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:29 pm

Hope you don't mind Andrew, I changed the name of the thread to introductions thread (I see that on other forums). But seriously, people. Even those of you who do post on here, just stop by and tell us your name and a bit about yourself!

I'm Gary, 22 years old, and I live in Florida in the USA. I'm a college student, and I post/review for the site and co-host the podcast here at Gotham Knights Online.
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 11:17 pm

No problem Gary. I was thinking of changing the name sooner or later.

Hi all,

My name is Andrew and I'm from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I'm a writer by profession and currently working for a local ad agency. I love to write (even during my free time) and hope to one day write a comic book or perhaps a novel. I became a Batman fan back in the late 80s when the Batman: Year One comic books were published.

Last edited by AndrewT on Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 12:49 pm

Greetings and Salutations,

My name is Antoine, I am 33, married and a father of three. I am an 80s freak from the decades cartoons, music, movies/TV. I have been a DC comics fan since 1985 and my favorite characters are...BATMAN, SUPERMAN, GREEN LANTERN, FLASH and WONDER WOMAN. In real life I am a Senior Customer Support agent for Sprint and I am a blogger at Kryptonian Warrior under the handle "The Emerald Knight". GOTHAM KNIGHTS ONLINE is an awesome site and I like it better than all of the DC sites I go to so far...but I won't say any names.

Last edited by Leviathan on Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 1:33 am

Good to hear from you guys!

-Andrew: That's really cool! I'd love to be in the comic/entertainment world someday...I'm probably not as good a writer as you, but I can come up with ideas like no other! I've always been really creative, and I'd love to get to do that someday...but I want to get done with college and have a job lined up first so I have some stability lol. I'm not ready to just drive out to New York or California and give it a go with no real income.

-Antoine: Hey man, I had never actually seen Kryptonian Warrior before, but I really dig it! I'd love to be on a blog like that, rather than just having to focus on Batman all the time (as cool as he is). Cory from the site/podcast and I are actually hammering out the details on a pop-culture/geek blog right now, where we'll go over more than just Batman and comics, so hopefully that'll see the light of day. I just have so much more to talk about than Batman, and even comics; I dunno if either of you listen to the podcast, but I try to work references in as much as I can to other stuff outside the DCU lol. Interesting to hear you work with Sprint, I've actually been a customer for years lol. I've always wondered, do you guys who work there have sprint service? I'd assume you'd get a good deal...

Anyways, nice to finally officially meet you both lol.

-Gary
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 6:32 am

I definitely need to check out the podcast, and it would be cool to talk about other stuff and see what else everyone is thinking. As for Sprint yeah I have been with them for five years now and most of the employees use Sprint after all you can't go wrong with free or discounted service and first dibs on new phones...lol
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 1:23 am

gallegra wrote:

-Andrew: That's really cool! I'd love to be in the comic/entertainment world someday...I'm probably not as good a writer as you, but I can come up with ideas like no other! I've always been really creative, and I'd love to get to do that someday...but I want to get done with college and have a job lined up first so I have some stability lol. I'm not ready to just drive out to New York or California and give it a go with no real income.

-Gary

Hi Gary,

Yeah...getting a project-based job at DC Comics is something that I really look forward to but it isn't easy. Comic book writers have advised those who plan to work in the comics industry to begin writing original stuff instead of using trademarked characters like Batman or Superman.

As for writing, it's just like any other skill. It requires practice. So, I'm sure you will be able do it. It all begins from an idea and once you get that idea down on paper, it's only a matter of drafting it out and polishing it.

Here's something I wrote during my free time. It's not completed but you are free to use it as reference.

http://docs.google.com/View?id=df7qwrnr_6gtb9tffb
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:47 am

Wow that is awesome bud, you can write your a$$ off!
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 11:49 pm

Leviathan wrote:
Wow that is awesome bud, you can write your a$$ off!

Thanks Antoine. I actually enjoy writing stories like that. Do let me know what you guys think. I hope to write stories for different genres. For Spider-Woman, it's more or less an Action-Adventure-Spy story. Here's another short story I did based on Mike Mignola's Hellboy. It's more of a Supernatural piece with a little humor thrown in.

http://docs.google.com/View?id=df7qwrnr_8d3ndnjgs

I hope to write a Batman story soon.

Last edited by AndrewT on Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:18 pm

Wow, I really liked both of 'em! Hellboy's a great universe to use if you want to explore mythologies and the supernatural, plus the humor is always there too! And you did a pretty dang good job on both; if only most fanfic writers could be as good as you lol.
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:13 pm

There are a lot of untapped talents out there.

I don't consider myself that good a writer. I'm still learning the craft and improving on it.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:31 am

Like with anything else, it takes time. But I think you're definitely off to a good start!
Back to top Go down
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
jondoe297

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:52 am

Hey all,

I thought it was about time I said my proper hello as well. I'm not that far off from what Antoine said. I'm an 80s child and fell in love with the whole Batman comics scene when Tim Burton released Batman in 1989… I started collecting small items of Batman and then (I love telling this story), my mum came home with my first Batman comic (UK print), which featured Man-Bat… got to share some Man-Bat love lol

Around that time the Batman 1966 TV series was re-running. Then in 1992, I think my passion was finally cemented. Batman Returns was coming out and Batman: The animated series started – to top it off my elder brother then got a job in a comic shop and the rest is history.

As most of you know now, I’ve just turned 30, married with three children (my two sons are also becoming big Batman fans). I’m a communications manager for a mobile communication firm as well (I hear you Antoine, its great to get dibs on brand new phones and such).

I set-up Gotham Knights Online because I felt at that time, there wasn’t a one-stop-shop for Batman. Yes there were some great sites that focused on the comics, animated series or movies, but there just wasn’t one place to go to. I decided to set-up a blog and it just grew from there really.

I’m obsessed with Batman and the site now, I love doing the podcasts and also the latest edition the Chronicles.

Andrew – your Hellboy story was amazing. I wish I had that level of talent. If you ever do a Batman story make sure you post on the forum dude.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gothamknightsonline.com
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 8:49 pm

Glad you liked the Hellboy story. Smile

I'll post my Batman story as soon as I have time to sit down and start writing. I already have a story planned out actually.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:02 pm

AndrewT wrote:
I'll post my Batman story as soon as I have time to sit down and start writing. I already have a story planned out actually.

Oh wow, can't wait to see that one!
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightQc

DarkKnightQc

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 7:57 pm

Hi there !
It's about time to introduce myself. I'm a non-active member of you're site for quite a long time.
In fact it's my first post. cheers cheers cheers
I'm 36 and I live in Québec, Canada. I'm a huge Batman fan just as you I guess ;o)) I've been watching your progress with this site and I have to admit that you are doing a heck of a job with GKO. I don't need to look anywhere else but here to know all about the Dark Knight.
I'm really excited to see how the comeback of Bruce Wayne will take place in 2010 in the upcoming series starting this month. But that's another subject. Let's say that now that I have written my first post, I will be more active with you guys !

See ya soon !
Back to top Go down
http://batmanqc.blogspot.com/
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:13 pm

DarkKnightQc wrote:
Hi there !
It's about time to introduce myself. I'm a non-active member of you're site for quite a long time.
In fact it's my first post. cheers cheers cheers

Let's say that now that I have written my first post, I will be more active with you guys !

See ya soon !

Welcome DarkKnightQc,

I'm glad you finally decided to post. Hope to see more participation from you and the rest of the GKO gang! Smile
Back to top Go down
scarygarrey
Gotham Knight Initiated
scarygarrey

PostSubject: I'm new here   Introductions Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 7:31 pm

Hi I'm new. I'm a huge Batman fan. Just found this site and figured I'd join.

-Garrey
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/garreyadams
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:17 pm

Awesome, nice to meet ya Garrey! Nice avatar, by the way.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
scarygarrey
Gotham Knight Initiated
scarygarrey

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:33 pm

thanks! nice name Wink I have my own little Batman room in my basement where I keep my batman toys, books, poster, comics etc. and I decided to take a few desktop backgrounds I've downloaded that I really like, have them printed at a photo center and Have them all framed. They look pretty sweet.

Also I downloaded all of the podcasts on the site and I'm listening to them one by one. I'm up to #5 I think. Pretty interesting stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/garreyadams
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:34 pm

Great to meet you, DarkKnightQc! We're obviously all excited about the return of Bruce Wayne and all the Batman/DC action this year around here, and I can't wait! Can't wait to hear more from you!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:38 pm

Thanks, you have a nice name too haha. Yeah, that's a cool idea with framing the art you found online; I know a Bob and Cory (fellow podcasters and site-runners here at GKO) have done that with some of the art that Batman artists have published online. And Bob has his own little Batman room too (although calling it "little" is a bit of an understatement).

Hope you like the podcasts...I know I'm not the best on 'em, but I think we got a little better as time went on.

Oh, and by the way, we have an introductions thread down at the bottom of the forum, you should go down there and introduce yourself properly to all the people here! I might try and move this and tack it onto there, if I can...

-Gary
Back to top Go down
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
jondoe297

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 7:23 am

It's great we've got more people posting now, which is a testament to your drive on this Gary... what do you mean your not the best on there.

I like to think about it this way - the episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold when Batman get slips into three:

Logical Batman = Bob
Angry Batman = Cory
Chilled Nacho eating Batman = Gary

Your the glue that binds us together dude lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.gothamknightsonline.com
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:27 am

jondoe297 wrote:

Logical Batman = Bob
Angry Batman = Cory
Chilled Nacho eating Batman = Gary

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha That's awesome! I love that comparison lol. Thanks for that, Bob. I just feel like I should be funnier than I am on most of the podcasts, because I'm generally funnier in real life. Kinda weird...but maybe after the little break we had from podcasting I'll come back funnier than ever lol.

-Gary

P.S. Bob, you know you're the glue that holds it all together...You just keep coming back, and you do so much!
Back to top Go down
TheXtremisT
Gotham Knight Reader
TheXtremisT

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:28 pm

Hey guys, name's Matt, 19 years old, currently living in Plymouth in United Kingdom
Will be studying Geology at Imperial College London in september

Been interested in Bman since the 90s animated series, enjoying Dick as Batman atm

I collect Batman DC Universe and DC Superheroes S3 figures, will be posting pics of my collection in the future

Nice to meet all of you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introductions Thread
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next