Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

Batman: Under The Red Hood - First Impressions

Go down 
+6
TheXtremisT
matttco
Sergiot0831
gallegra
jondoe297
AndrewT
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jon Q. Citizen
Gotham Knight Initiated
Jon Q. Citizen

Batman: Under The Red Hood - First Impressions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood - First Impressions   Batman: Under The Red Hood - First Impressions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:46 pm

I liked the movie. I've been down on the animated films, a lot of the ones I've seen don't even compare to the comics they're based on. Supeman: Doomsday, Public Enemies, Green Lantern: First Flight, Planet Hulk, etc. really weren't that good if you read the stories in the comics. I expected the same letdown when Under the Red Hood came out......I thought, "here we go again", since I loved the Under the Hood storyline in Batman comics.

I was pleasantly surprised at how close to the actual story the film was. I'm sure the fact that Judd Winick wrote the movie script is why, and I hope that future animated movies will follow that format (the comic writer writing the film script). The action sequences were good, the story was good, and it gave enough background that the friend who was watching it with me was able to get the background story, the main story, and not have too many questions even though she has never read a single Batman comic (just loved the Batman movies).

Overall, I think this is the best animated film I've seen.
Back to top Go down
http://jonqcitizen.blogspot.com/
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood - First Impressions   Batman: Under The Red Hood - First Impressions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:43 pm

I'm glad you liked it, Vulture. I get what you're saying about a bunch of them not matching the script, but I've been able to enjoy them all for what they were. Then again, I've never been upset when seeing adaptations of books or comics, because I take it for what it is and know it won't be able to pay respect to everything.

That being said, I was originally really disappointed with how much they changed the story of The Death of Superman in "Superman: Doomsday", but it has since grown on me.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
Robin

Robin

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood - First Impressions   Batman: Under The Red Hood - First Impressions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 6:58 am

I loved this movie. I didn't know if they could make a movie better than Mask of the Phantasm, but I think they just did. I like how they showed Robin's green eyes when Joker was beating him half to death because that showed the emotion in the scene.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Under The Red Hood - First Impressions   Batman: Under The Red Hood - First Impressions - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Batman: Under The Red Hood - First Impressions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2