Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

A GKO T-Shirt for Members?

Go down 
+2
jondoe297
AndrewT
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

A GKO T-Shirt for Members? Empty
PostSubject: A GKO T-Shirt for Members?   A GKO T-Shirt for Members? I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:30 am

It will be cool to wear this to a Comic Con wouldn't it? Smile Anyways, it's just an idea.

A GKO T-Shirt for Members? Gko_t-10
Back to top Go down
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
jondoe297

PostSubject: Re: A GKO T-Shirt for Members?   A GKO T-Shirt for Members? I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 6:15 am

That's an awesome idea - we might have a guy going to the Con for us this year... I wonder if he'll wear it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gothamknightsonline.com
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: A GKO T-Shirt for Members?   A GKO T-Shirt for Members? I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 11:40 am

This has me thinking, Bob; maybe we should come up with a specific GKO logo for stuff like that. What do you think?

-gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
jondoe297

PostSubject: Re: A GKO T-Shirt for Members?   A GKO T-Shirt for Members? I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:33 pm

I'd love to be able to draw something specific but my design talents are not great - if anyone has any idea's I'd love to see them...
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: A GKO T-Shirt for Members?   A GKO T-Shirt for Members? I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:55 pm

Ok, I drafted these up real quick, so let me know what you think!

First of all, a disclaimer; keep in mind these are VERY rough. I did 'em in a couple minutes, without tracing or measuring much of anything, so they're not even close to finished designs yet. More "proof of concept" than anything.

A GKO T-Shirt for Members? Gko_lo10

A GKO T-Shirt for Members? Gko_lo11

The images probably look almost the same, the only difference is that one has the complete outline around the letters/bat symbol and the other is slightly disjointed. I kinda like the disconnected look, to be honest, although it'll certainly look a lot better as a finished digital design. The top logo is based upon a more modern Bat symbol, whereas the bottom is based upon the oval symbol that was on Batman's chest (and used to promote the '89 movie). I prefer the oval design myself, as that's my favorite iteration of the Bat symbol, plus I think the letters look cooler when compressed within the oval. But I imagine I'll be alone on that one, and most people will favor the more modern look.

Be aware, also, that it can be done with essentially any version of the Batman logo you like; I just picked those two because I figured they were the most popular.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
scarygarrey
Gotham Knight Initiated
scarygarrey

PostSubject: Re: A GKO T-Shirt for Members?   A GKO T-Shirt for Members? I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 5:50 pm

I like the 3rd one down.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/garreyadams
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: A GKO T-Shirt for Members?   A GKO T-Shirt for Members? I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:05 pm

The oval and modern version both look cool! Bob, this is your call. Smile

I seriously don't mind wearing a t-shirt with the GKO logo on it. I'll probably wear it to my local comic store. It will be awesome way to promote the site to other comic book readers.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: A GKO T-Shirt for Members?   A GKO T-Shirt for Members? I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:57 pm

There's plenty of sites we could set it up on, too, that would make 'em to order and give us a piece of the proceeds.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: A GKO T-Shirt for Members?   A GKO T-Shirt for Members? I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:17 pm

gallegra wrote:
There's plenty of sites we could set it up on, too, that would make 'em to order and give us a piece of the proceeds.

-Gary

Excellent suggestion Gary! Well, let's see what Bob thinks of this.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: A GKO T-Shirt for Members?   A GKO T-Shirt for Members? I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:21 pm

Why thank you very much, Andrew lol.

In an e-mail, Cory made an interesting point; does anyone know whether or not this would inflict upon Warner Bros/DC's copyright? I know of several cases this has been done and Warner Bros. hasn't said anything, but I don't know if there's anything specific we'd have to do.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: A GKO T-Shirt for Members?   A GKO T-Shirt for Members? I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:40 pm

gallegra wrote:

In an e-mail, Cory made an interesting point; does anyone know whether or not this would inflict upon Warner Bros/DC's copyright? I know of several cases this has been done and Warner Bros. hasn't said anything, but I don't know if there's anything specific we'd have to do.

-Gary

As far as I know, as long as you don't make any money out of it, it's okay to use the Batman logo as a motif for the GKO t-shirt design.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: A GKO T-Shirt for Members?   A GKO T-Shirt for Members? I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:53 pm

What do you mean by 'Making Money'? We'd have to sell the shirt, and would be posted around the site I'd imagine.
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: A GKO T-Shirt for Members?   A GKO T-Shirt for Members? I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 11:16 pm

Well, you did mentioned that there are sites that can help us sell the t-shirts and give us a piece of the proceeds.

Getting a piece of the proceeds means we are actually making money from the t-shirts. So, if we plan to sell these t-shirts, it would be advisable not to incorporated the Batman logo into the t-shirt design.

On the other hand, if we are giving the t-shirts out for free or doing it for charity, then I guess it's okay to use the logo design that you came up with.
Back to top Go down
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
jondoe297

PostSubject: Re: A GKO T-Shirt for Members?   A GKO T-Shirt for Members? I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 1:54 am

These are great Gary - I like all of them but the first and third jumps out at me. Anyway you could try the current Batman and Roin logo we use for the site?

We can't sell or make any money from these at all unfortunatley - I'm thinking more as staff T-Shirsts, stuff to wear at a con or as Andrew says out and about in local stores.

Keep this in house is the safest option...
Back to top Go down
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
jondoe297

PostSubject: Re: A GKO T-Shirt for Members?   A GKO T-Shirt for Members? I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 2:17 am

was just thinking... maybe it would be better with www.gothamknightsonline.com under the logo instead?
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: A GKO T-Shirt for Members?   A GKO T-Shirt for Members? I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 7:06 am

Of course, the only two people to voice opinions like the ones I don't lol. I really wanted the oval symbol...damn.

I agree though, Bob, that maybe we should just put the site underneath it. Or at least change it to "A source for Batman News" rather than "The #1" or "the Best" source.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: A GKO T-Shirt for Members?   A GKO T-Shirt for Members? I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 7:16 pm

I have a suggestion.

Why not put the 'GKO Bat Logo' and 'Gotham Knights Online' at the front of the t-shirt. As for the back of the t-shirt, you can put the website at the top, near the collar. Don't make it too big though or you'll be going for an overkill.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: A GKO T-Shirt for Members?   A GKO T-Shirt for Members? I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 8:04 pm

I was thinking we could put the logo on the front alone, and whatever other info we want on the back. Kinda like it's a Batman shirt, with our stuff on the back. I figured that'd be best; but I dunno what you all think.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: A GKO T-Shirt for Members?   A GKO T-Shirt for Members? I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 8:10 pm

Yup! That's cool as well. But for the back, you have to decide which one to put. Putting too much info on the back makes it look cluttered.

Front:
GKO Bat Logo

Back:
'Gotham Knights Online'

or

'www.gothamknightsonline.com'
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: A GKO T-Shirt for Members?   A GKO T-Shirt for Members? I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 8:17 pm

You think more than one line is too much? I feel like this:

Gotham Knights Online
Your Source for Everything Batman
www.GothamKnightsOnline.com

Wouldn't be too bad.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: A GKO T-Shirt for Members?   A GKO T-Shirt for Members? I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 9:56 pm

3 lines is a bit too much for me.

I prefer it to be just 2 lines the most. Since Bob prefers the web address to be in there, I think it would be better to go for just the web address and the tagline.

You can increase the font size of the web address and make it slightly bigger than the tagline:

www.gothamknightsonline.com
Your Source For Everything Batman
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: A GKO T-Shirt for Members?   A GKO T-Shirt for Members? I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 10:13 pm

You know what, that's a good point. The title of the site is the website itself, really lol. If they see the GKO in a bat symbol, and www.GothamKnightsOnline.com and that it's a Batman website I think they should get the point lol.

I was thinking, though; why couldn't we use both logos? Have two T-shirts, one for people that work on the site and one for fans/friends who want to spread the word, or something like that. Just an idea;

-Gary
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: A GKO T-Shirt for Members?   A GKO T-Shirt for Members? I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 11:10 pm

gallegra wrote:
You know what, that's a good point. The title of the site is the website itself, really lol. If they see the GKO in a bat symbol, and www.GothamKnightsOnline.com and that it's a Batman website I think they should get the point lol.

I was thinking, though; why couldn't we use both logos? Have two T-shirts, one for people that work on the site and one for fans/friends who want to spread the word, or something like that. Just an idea;

-Gary

Personally, I think one t-shirt is good enough. Anyways, this is Bob's call. Smile

I'll be really happy to get a GKO t-shirt. Which Batman logo doesn't really matter to me.
Back to top Go down
Sergiot0831
Gotham Knight Reader
Sergiot0831

PostSubject: Re: A GKO T-Shirt for Members?   A GKO T-Shirt for Members? I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 12:33 am

If you guy can do it go for it. I'd love to get a GKO shirt. king
Back to top Go down
TheXtremisT
Gotham Knight Reader
TheXtremisT

PostSubject: Re: A GKO T-Shirt for Members?   A GKO T-Shirt for Members? I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 5:51 am

I think the 3rd one looks the best
It would look great for the site
Nice designs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A GKO T-Shirt for Members?   A GKO T-Shirt for Members? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A GKO T-Shirt for Members?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum :: BATMAN FAN AREA :: Batman Fan Art-
Jump to: