Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman

Go down 
+6
iod1974
Batman knows Karate
Jon Q. Citizen
gallegra
badsoul
AndrewT
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jay Kay
Gotham Knight Reader
Jay Kay

The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 4:39 pm

The costume itself...it's alright. It's not exactly how I would design it, or how anyone with some sense of modern fashion might, but for the story they're trying to do--taking the Wonder Woman mythos and throwing it through a gritty, urban fantasy filter--it works.

What I'm more curious about is how they're going to change it up after this arc is over. When JMS got on the book and we found out about the costume change, he said pretty much bluntly that the whole purpose of this story is for Diana to find out her reality has been altered, and to find a way to try to fix things back to where they were before, and he talked about what would come back and what would stay in place.

What I think this thing is going to be is DC combining all the origins and mythos of Wonder Woman over the past 70 years and melding them together, along with some new ideas, and putting it in this context to surprise the casual comic fans and give them a fresh place to start.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jaredk1
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 9:13 pm

Jay Kay wrote:
What I think this thing is going to be is DC combining all the origins and mythos of Wonder Woman over the past 70 years and melding them together, along with some new ideas, and putting it in this context to surprise the casual comic fans and give them a fresh place to start.
Really now? I think that's an awesome idea! I hope Donna Troy will be included! She's my favorite "Wonder Girl/Woman".
But Diana is alright.. But that outfit is going to be a mood killer. Haha. I see that new jacket of her's getting in the way. . .
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
Jay Kay
Gotham Knight Reader
Jay Kay

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 9:57 pm

Fawks wrote:
Jay Kay wrote:
Really now? I think that's an awesome idea! I hope Donna Troy will be included! She's my favorite "Wonder Girl/Woman".
But Diana is alright.. But that outfit is going to be a mood killer. Haha. I see that new jacket of her's getting in the way. . .

I believe the new scripter for the book, Phil Hester, has mentioned that when talking to fans on CBR's WW forum.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:41 am

Jay Kay wrote:

That sounds like their MO lately, like Geoff Johns did with Superman.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 1:05 pm

Well I picked up a Wonder Woman issue. I showed my boyfriend the new look Wonder has picked up and he didn't believe me that was Wonder Woman. I hope her outfit isn't a serious change. I really feel like I'm reading about a different heroine than Diana to be honest. The jacket and the jeans the most, have to go.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 7:59 pm

Fawks wrote:
Well I picked up a Wonder Woman issue. I showed my boyfriend the new look Wonder has picked up and he didn't believe me that was Wonder Woman. I hope her outfit isn't a serious change. I really feel like I'm reading about a different heroine than Diana to be honest. The jacket and the jeans the most, have to go.

To be honest, I'd be more upset at this point if it went away real fast. They need to make a change and stick with it...eventually, nobody will care anymore because that will just be the character. And either way, they definitely renewed interest in the book with the change, I'm sure.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
Jay Kay
Gotham Knight Reader
Jay Kay

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:45 am

Fawks wrote:

I'm sure they'll tweak it after they finish the whole Odyssey thing, but I think, for the most part, it'll be similar. Like, they made way too big of a deal about the idea of Diana wearing pants that I doubt they'll lose them. I do see them turning the black leather into a more dark blue material and giving her the old red and white boots back--maybe putting the classic WW symbol on her instead of the smaller logo that's on now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman   The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Modern Up-To-Date Wonder Woman
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3