Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

Playstation 3 or XBox 360?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

Playstation 3 or XBox 360? Empty
PostSubject: Playstation 3 or XBox 360?   Playstation 3 or XBox 360? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 2:06 am

Hi guys,

Need a little advise here for my Christmas wish list.

I'm planning to get either the Playstation 3 or the Xbox 360 just to play Batman: Arkham Asylum and the soon to be released Batman: Arkham City.

Which console do you think is better or it doesn't really matter?
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 or XBox 360?   Playstation 3 or XBox 360? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:27 am

What it really comes down to Andrew, is personal preference. I'm going to start with the 360, so as not to seem biased towards the one I own.

The XBox 360 is the superior console when it comes to the "gaming" experience, and by that I mean online multi-player video games. Because it came out almost a year prior to the Playstation 3, it has a big leg up on the multi-player market (even though it charges you a subscription fee for the ability to play online, but I am told if you are really into online play it is worthwhile). Also, if you love the "Halo" video game franchise, then the XBox is a must for you since it is a console exclusive.

The Playstation 3, on the otherhand, is pretty much better in everything else. Unless the newer Xboxes have improved and I didn't hear about it, the PS3 has a superior processor, better graphics, free integrated wi-fi (which I heard the most recent "Slim" models may have fixed, but if you get the cheaper original xbox it was not included). Plus, you don't have to pay to play online, which is a plus. Also, the Playstation 3 has an included Blu-Ray player, which the Xbox will never support.

Basically, the Xbox is more of a "gaming" device which can do multimedia stuff, and the PS3 is more of a full multimedia system that can also play awesome games. Games and movies you watch on the xbox will look better on the PS3. Plus, the PS3 will exclusively feature DC Universe Online. I know you said you'll probably not be able to afford it, which I understand, but still. If you want it at some point, or decide to get it for the free month of play and try to work out the money later, you can ONLY play it on the PS3.

A couple other things that might be interesting to consider; the exclusive games that are only for one console. You can find a list of many of them here, and can surely find a more complete list with a couple minutes of searching on google, if that matters to you.

Also, what is also an important difference for many gamers, the controller. I prefer the Playstation controller myself (top right) as it is symmetrical with the joysticks, making it a bit more instinctual and easy to remember/handle. The Xbox controller (bottom) is a bit bigger, in my opinion harder to handle, and more tricky to use. However, again, I've heard that "hardcore" gamers find it to be better somehow - don't know how/why. The top left controller is a wii controller, don't worry about that one.
Playstation 3 or XBox 360? Controllercomparison

Hope this helps, Andrew. I believe the new "slim" consoles of both the PS3 and Xbox are about the same price (299 USD), so again, it's really up to you. If you're getting it mainly for Arkham Asylum, the "Play as the Joker" exclusive content on the PS3 might be interesting to you, but I'm going to tell you right now, it doesn't make or break the game - it's just a fun selection of challenges as the Joker. But if you're a huge fan and/or completest, you might find it necessary.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 or XBox 360?   Playstation 3 or XBox 360? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:29 am

I just realized I didn't actually endorse one...now that I got the semi-objective presentation of them both out of the way, of course I suggest the PS3. Better graphics, Full High-definition, bluray player; it's just all around better for me. But then again I'm not a huge Halo or online-gaming fan, so it's kinda perfect for me.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 or XBox 360?   Playstation 3 or XBox 360? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 6:33 pm

Thanks for the detailed tech tip Gary. Looks like the PS3 is the console to get!

Now, the only question remains...will my boss give me any bonus this year? Smile

Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 or XBox 360?   Playstation 3 or XBox 360? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:42 pm

Any update on getting a console, Andrew?

-Gary
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 or XBox 360?   Playstation 3 or XBox 360? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 12:55 am

gallegra wrote:
Any update on getting a console, Andrew?

-Gary

Yup! I plan to get the PlayStation 3 sometime early next year. It all depends on my boss now and how much bonus he decides to give. Smile

If everything goes well, there are 2 games I will definitely get - Batman: Arkham Asylum (Game of the Year Edition) and Batman: Arkham City. I'll probably get Ratchet and Clank for my wife, just to keep her happy. Wink

Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 or XBox 360?   Playstation 3 or XBox 360? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 4:02 pm

Awesome! Let us know when you get it, I'll add you on the Playstation network. Also, as a Batman fan, if you feel like you need something else to play after Arkham Asylum while waiting for Arkham City, there's always Lego Batman and Mortal Kombat vs DC for a little something different.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
jondoe297

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 or XBox 360?   Playstation 3 or XBox 360? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 5:42 am

Go Gary - PS3 all the way...
Back to top Go down
http://www.gothamknightsonline.com
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 or XBox 360?   Playstation 3 or XBox 360? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 12:25 pm

Haha you know it, Bob. I tried really hard to present the Xbox side objectively, and I think I did, but it was really hard for me haha.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 or XBox 360?   Playstation 3 or XBox 360? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 6:31 am

Hey Gary,

I finally got my PS3! Smile

Unfortunately, I do not have a wireless internet router. Got to get me one of those to go online. Will keep you PS3 gamers updated.

Btw, I started playing Batman: Arkham Asylum. Managed to beat Scarecrow and Bane last night. Wink

Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 or XBox 360?   Playstation 3 or XBox 360? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:02 pm

Nice job on Arkham Asylum! But yeah, you're really gonna want that internet...

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 or XBox 360?   Playstation 3 or XBox 360? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playstation 3 or XBox 360?
Page 1 of 1