Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

Birds of Prey

Go down 
+2
joezilla87
AndrewT
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

Birds of Prey Empty
PostSubject: Birds of Prey   Birds of Prey I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 1:47 am

Hi Bat fans,

Looks like in December, we will have quite alot to look forward to in terms of Batman-related books, particularly Birds of Prey #7. As 2010 draws to a closed, I'm pretty sure DC wants to end the year with a "bang". Based on the cover and the initial synopsis, is DC toying with the idea of killing off Oracle (Barbara Gordon) or do you think it's just a tease to get us to buy the book?

Ardian Syaf on pencils will definitely be another highlight. Loved his work on Blackest Night Batman.

What say you? Smile

Birds of Prey Bopv2_10

BIRDS OF PREY #7
Written by GAIL SIMONE
Art by ARDIAN SYAF & VICENTE CIFUENTES
Cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU

One of Oracle’s fiercest enemies finds her alone and far from her allies and safe houses – and that’s just the tip of the iceberg as Batman returns! Rising star artist Ardian Syaf (BRIGHTEST DAY) makes his BIRDS OF PREY debut in a story you must not miss, which we’re calling ”The Death of Oracle”!
Back to top Go down
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
joezilla87

Birds of Prey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birds of Prey   Birds of Prey I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:34 am

I think that its just a tease, I mean Oracle is an important character to not only the Batman titles but practically to all the DC titles. And she is the mentor to both Batgirl and Wendy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JoeZilla87
AlexfromLubbock
Gotham Knight Reader
AlexfromLubbock

Birds of Prey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birds of Prey   Birds of Prey I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 5:34 pm

I got to say Stanley Lau needs to do some interior work he always looks good.
Back to top Go down
iod1974
Gotham Knight Reader
iod1974

Birds of Prey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birds of Prey   Birds of Prey I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 8:22 pm

I think it is a tease also, but the book has been very good so far.
Back to top Go down
AlexfromLubbock
Gotham Knight Reader
AlexfromLubbock

Birds of Prey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birds of Prey   Birds of Prey I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 6:55 am

There's an interesting scene in The Return with Oracle and I am surprised that Batman, Inc. could tie into Birds of prey that much. She won't die but I am not sure they will heal her.

https://2img.net/h/oi51.tinypic.com/2zgrfqo.jpg
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

Birds of Prey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birds of Prey   Birds of Prey I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 8:31 am

I don't know, it'll be interesting to see...

-Gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
Jay Kay
Gotham Knight Reader
Jay Kay

Birds of Prey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birds of Prey   Birds of Prey I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 8:34 pm

AlexfromLubbock wrote:
There's an interesting scene in The Return with Oracle and I am surprised that Batman, Inc. could tie into Birds of prey that much. She won't die but I am not sure they will heal her.

https://2img.net/h/oi51.tinypic.com/2zgrfqo.jpg

My thinking? She's going to be a mix of "Batgirl" and "Oracle" in this Tron-like Internet 3.0 that Bruce was talking about, literally hacking through systems by punching them in their avatar faces.

Anyway, as for the book itself, I'm really liking it. The first arc had some flaws (key being that a lot of the drama had to deal with Creote and Savant's murder and then twist betrayal, and I just can't give much of a crap about them), but the whole Thailand arc was great, especially the last half with it's awesome Helena moments.

This first issue of this arc was pretty good--Gail has a pretty strong handle on Bruce (the fact that she's NEVER been offered a full-on Batman book is staggering to me at times like this) and the whole scene with the rest of the Birds at the strip club was hysterical. The only thing I didn't like was that they're bringing back Calculator--I mean, didn't Steph and Wendy already take his stupid ass down? Oh well. I still enjoyed it, though.

Best line: "Leave these nice naked men alone!"
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jaredk1
iod1974
Gotham Knight Reader
iod1974

Birds of Prey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birds of Prey   Birds of Prey I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 7:51 pm

That's what I thought also, some kind of VR Batgirl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Birds of Prey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birds of Prey   Birds of Prey I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Birds of Prey
Page 1 of 1