Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents

Go down 
+3
gallegra
joezilla87
Fawks
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 8:41 pm

Hey, don't diss Killer Moth. He's...a serious villain. He deserves RESPECT! He's also my favorite character in Lego Batman haha.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader
J Knight5

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 8:52 pm

I actually liked Killer Moth as a kid. I always hoped he would show up in the Animated series. But it was probably for the best that he didn't. I think his only claim to fame is that he got taken out by Batgirl on her first night out.
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 9:00 pm

J Knight5 wrote:
I actually liked Killer Moth as a kid. I always hoped he would show up in the Animated series. But it was probably for the best that he didn't. I think his only claim to fame is that he got taken out by Batgirl on her first night out.
Ahaha, wasn't that in Year One?

gallegra wrote:
Hey, don't diss Killer Moth. He's...a serious villain. He deserves RESPECT! He's also my favorite character in Lego Batman haha.

-Gary
He was my favorite villain in LEGO Batman! He just looked so CUTE. Oh my gosh, his little orange wings, and the little cute way he flaps and flies, I didn't want to hurt him! :c But I took that sucker down with the hammer of Gotham justice!

Totally serious though... Ahaha. c:
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
ballpointbanana

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 11:29 pm

Fawks wrote:
J Knight5 wrote:
Ahaha, wasn't that in Year One?

gallegra wrote:

-Gary
He was my favorite villain in LEGO Batman! He just looked so CUTE. Oh my gosh, his little orange wings, and the little cute way he flaps and flies, I didn't want to hurt him! :c But I took that sucker down with the hammer of Gotham justice!

Totally serious though... Ahaha. c:

hahahahahaha funniest thing I heard all day "hammer of Gotham Justice" Laughing you forgot to put "in lego form"

not but seriously....two words.....GORILLA BOSS!
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 12:27 am

Fawks wrote:
He just looked so CUTE. Oh my gosh, his little orange wings, and the little cute way he flaps and flies...

No! If there's one word to describe Killer Moth, it's menacing!

Fawks wrote:
But I took that sucker down with the hammer of Gotham justice!

FALSE. Killer Moth simply allowed you to defeat him, because otherwise you would never have been able to win the game.

(That's funny though)

@Dane, Killer Moth >>>>>> Gorilla Boss!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Jay Kay
Gotham Knight Reader
Jay Kay

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 5:06 pm

I wasn't sure of it at first, but between reading some pages of his past experiences over at S_D, and his recent appearance in the Arkham City trailer, I think Hugo Strange would actually make for a very awesome villain.

I'd also include Catwoman, but less as a villain and more like a foil/temptress, maybe someone tempting Bruce to go further since he's already wanted by the law...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jaredk1
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 8:35 pm

Jay Kay wrote:
I wasn't sure of it at first, but between reading some pages of his past experiences over at S_D, and his recent appearance in the Arkham City trailer, I think Hugo Strange would actually make for a very awesome villain.

I'd also include Catwoman, but less as a villain and more like a foil/temptress, maybe someone tempting Bruce to go further since he's already wanted by the law...
I still stand by Hush. He's incredibly villainous and menacing, and mysterious. Imagine him in a dark alley or empty building. Breathing. Standing. Eerie!

So many villains to choose from.. endless combinations. Tricky Nolan!
Back to top Go down
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
joezilla87

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 10:05 pm

Thinking about it more, I think that the Black Mask would make a good villain in the new movie. With the whole Gotham Underworld in disarray after the whole Joker situation it could make perfect sense to introduce the Black Mask. I think if Nolan introduced Tommy Elliot in Batman Begins then Hush would be the villain for this new one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JoeZilla87
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 10:53 pm

joezilla87 wrote:
Thinking about it more, I think that the Black Mask would make a good villain in the new movie. With the whole Gotham Underworld in disarray after the whole Joker situation it could make perfect sense to introduce the Black Mask. I think if Nolan introduced Tommy Elliot in Batman Begins then Hush would be the villain for this new one.
Yes! I sure do hope Nolan does! I would love to see Black Mask in "real life". Ha!
Yippee!
Back to top Go down
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader
J Knight5

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 2:13 am

If Black Mask were to be in the movie, what design would you guys like to see them use? The original black mask mobster look? or the current version where the mask is a skull? I would personally like to see the skull version. Mainly because you can get real creepy performance with that look if you get the right actor.
Back to top Go down
Jay Kay
Gotham Knight Reader
Jay Kay

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 9:36 am

Well, there are pros and cons to both, I think:

For the mask, it could look very creepy if done right. However, that would severely limit what the actor would be able to do with the performance.

As for the burns--and those are burns, btw, not an actual mask--we saw in TDK that they could pull that look off well with Two-Face. However, it could also limit the actor's performance, the audience might just see him as a half-assed Two-Face clone, and the MPAA could decide that's just too damn gross for a PG-13 rating.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:51 am

Jay Kay wrote:
the MPAA could decide that's just too damn gross for a PG-13 rating.

If they didn't for Two-Face, then I can't see them doing it for any version of Black Mask.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader
J Knight5

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 4:17 pm

Jay Kay wrote:
Well, there are pros and cons to both, I think:

For the mask, it could look very creepy if done right. However, that would severely limit what the actor would be able to do with the performance.

As for the burns--and those are burns, btw, not an actual mask--we saw in TDK that they could pull that look off well with Two-Face. However, it could also limit the actor's performance, the audience might just see him as a half-assed Two-Face clone, and the MPAA could decide that's just too damn gross for a PG-13 rating.

That's right. I forgot that his mask was from a piece of his father's coffin, that got burned onto his face when he set his mansion on fire trying to escape from Batman.
Back to top Go down
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
ballpointbanana

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 1:08 am

joezilla87 wrote:

Like I said on the podcast Black Mask is the next logical step since he does have a connection with the mob. But I was thinking recently, Are the filmmakers going to go after Bruces psyche or are they gonna go after the Gotham war on crime thing? They would have to do both after what was set up with Batman Begins and Bruces psyche, fears, and mind stuff, and The Dark Knight which The war on crime thing was featured prominently. So maybe there will be two villains each of which would cover one or both aspects.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 8:49 pm

ballpointbanana wrote:
But I was thinking recently, Are the filmmakers going to go after Bruces psyche or are they gonna go after the Gotham war on crime thing? They would have to do both after what was set up with Batman Begins and Bruces psyche, fears, and mind stuff, and The Dark Knight which The war on crime thing was featured prominently. So maybe there will be two villains each of which would cover one or both aspects.

I really can't say because I'm not involved haha, but I think that's a really cool idea.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Jay Kay
Gotham Knight Reader
Jay Kay

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:53 am

gallegra wrote:
Jay Kay wrote:
the MPAA could decide that's just too damn gross for a PG-13 rating.

If they didn't for Two-Face, then I can't see them doing it for any version of Black Mask.

-Gary

But think about it--it's the difference between one side of the face and the ENTIRE face. I think the amount of screen time that Harvey had as Two-Face probably helped it along too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2