Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

Kate Kane - Fanart

Go down 
+2
gallegra
Fawks
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

Kate Kane - Fanart Empty
PostSubject: Kate Kane - Fanart   Kate Kane - Fanart I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:10 pm

I guess it's really obvious by now, who my favorite comic character is in the entire world? c: Ahaha..

This is good ol' Kate Kane (Batwoman).
The programs I used to color her, is Paint Tool SAI and Photoshop CS3. I used references as well.
And I really need a tablet.. No pain, no gain, I suppose. It usually takes... 1 or 1.5 hours to complete a picture, this particular drawing has no details, so it was fairly quick.

Comments and critiques are welcomed!

Kate Kane - Fanart 3-1
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

Kate Kane - Fanart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Kane - Fanart   Kate Kane - Fanart I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 11:11 pm

That's really good! The red really pops with the black and green...and I love how you wrote Batwoman out behind the lettering too, looks sweet!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

Kate Kane - Fanart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Kane - Fanart   Kate Kane - Fanart I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 7:31 pm

Nice portrait! Smile Keep up the good work. Smile

Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

Kate Kane - Fanart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Kane - Fanart   Kate Kane - Fanart I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:41 pm

Thanks you guys!!
The green was really a "I don't know what to put as a background color", and I figured red over green would really pop more so than a boring black background.

Guess it paid off!
Back to top Go down
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
ballpointbanana

Kate Kane - Fanart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Kane - Fanart   Kate Kane - Fanart I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:33 pm

its another great one but now with color!!! See I told you you shoulda colored it. I like how you kept your pencil marks in the final product its slightly Jim Lee-ish or Tony Daniels-ish. Yeah, those are words. I like how you gave her the signature big green eyes, pale face, red lips and hair!
Back to top Go down
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader
J Knight5

Kate Kane - Fanart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Kane - Fanart   Kate Kane - Fanart I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:55 pm

Nice work Fawks! cheers
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

Kate Kane - Fanart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Kane - Fanart   Kate Kane - Fanart I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 1:54 pm

ballpointbanana wrote:
I like how you kept your pencil marks in the final product its slightly Jim Lee-ish or Tony Daniels-ish. Yeah, those are words.

Hahaha, oh Dane...but I agree with what he said.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

Kate Kane - Fanart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Kane - Fanart   Kate Kane - Fanart I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 8:17 pm

gallegra wrote:
ballpointbanana wrote:
I like how you kept your pencil marks in the final product its slightly Jim Lee-ish or Tony Daniels-ish. Yeah, those are words.

Hahaha, oh Dane...but I agree with what he said.

-Gary
I'm a huge fan of Tony Daniels, and I know a few of Jim Lee...
If you don't mind me asking, how is my work similar to those two? I'm just very curious, I don't ever get comments on my drawings.
Back to top Go down
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
ballpointbanana

Kate Kane - Fanart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Kane - Fanart   Kate Kane - Fanart I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 1:33 am

Take a look at your lines and how it isnt just a single line tracing Kate's body, hair, and the Batwoman insignia it's a bunch of lines going in different directions but still forming a solid (sorry I don't know the technical term for it) it makes the piece look messy but in a good way each stray line that you didn't color over is distinguished and unique as it gives the piece as a whole another layer and another meaning entirely, to me it brings me that much closer to the art and artist because you can see where they took their pencil and you can feel how they formed the piece, it's as if your hand was on their hand as they drew and you can feel where the artist is taking you all the while feeling and connecting with the same emotions the artist is going through as they drew. Tony Daniel and Jim Lee do the same thing for me. Dont know if that makes any sense but that's the best way I could put it.
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

Kate Kane - Fanart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Kane - Fanart   Kate Kane - Fanart I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 8:23 pm

ballpointbanana wrote:
Take a look at your lines and how it isnt just a single line tracing Kate's body, hair, and the Batwoman insignia it's a bunch of lines going in different directions but still forming a solid (sorry I don't know the technical term for it) it makes the piece look messy but in a good way each stray line that you didn't color over is distinguished and unique as it gives the piece as a whole another layer and another meaning entirely, to me it brings me that much closer to the art and artist because you can see where they took their pencil and you can feel how they formed the piece, it's as if your hand was on their hand as they drew and you can feel where the artist is taking you all the while feeling and connecting with the same emotions the artist is going through as they drew. Tony Daniel and Jim Lee do the same thing for me. Dont know if that makes any sense but that's the best way I could put it.
I'm not very aware of proper terms as well! It's all good sir! But wow.. that was a really excellent comment. I really appreciate this. It made perfect sense, and I'm glad I established some sort of connection with my drawings like that. Wow.
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

Kate Kane - Fanart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Kane - Fanart   Kate Kane - Fanart I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 8:24 pm

ballpointbanana wrote:
I'm not very aware of proper terms as well! It's all good sir! But wow.. that was a really excellent comment. I really appreciate this. It made perfect sense, and I'm glad I established some sort of connection with my drawings like that. Wow.
Back to top Go down
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
ballpointbanana

Kate Kane - Fanart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Kane - Fanart   Kate Kane - Fanart I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 11:22 pm

Fawks wrote:
ballpointbanana wrote:

yeah you definitely make some sort of connection whether or not people feel it or not, it is there. But anyways, I am now ready for the Batwoman comic strip!
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

Kate Kane - Fanart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Kane - Fanart   Kate Kane - Fanart I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 12:29 am

ballpointbanana wrote:
But anyways, I am now ready for the Batwoman comic strip!

FACT!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

Kate Kane - Fanart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Kane - Fanart   Kate Kane - Fanart I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:09 pm

Ooh man, I should work on that. I have a good three weeks off of school, and I'm ready to push some pencils!

I just need some inspiration of what in the world I would have Batwoman do?
Back to top Go down
Jay Kay
Gotham Knight Reader
Jay Kay

Kate Kane - Fanart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Kane - Fanart   Kate Kane - Fanart I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 12:21 am

Gorgeous take on Kate! Very Happy

Question--are you also on deviantArt? I ask because I could have swore I saw a similar piece to this a while back.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jaredk1
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

Kate Kane - Fanart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Kane - Fanart   Kate Kane - Fanart I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:09 pm

Jay Kay wrote:
Gorgeous take on Kate! Very Happy

Question--are you also on deviantArt? I ask because I could have swore I saw a similar piece to this a while back.
Used to be. Two years back.
And yes, you did. 89g is his username. I really like his art, so I redrew it. Ha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kate Kane - Fanart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Kane - Fanart   Kate Kane - Fanart I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kate Kane - Fanart
Page 1 of 1