Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.
 
HomeLog inFAQRegister

Share | 
 

 Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Which trailer seems like the better movie?
Green Lantern
63%
 63% [ 5 ]
Green Hornet
37%
 37% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8
 

AuthorMessage
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 30
Location : Smallville, Florida

PostSubject: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:33 pm

I've been hearing a lot of people discussing the two big trailers to come out recently, for next year's Green Hornet and Green Lantern movies. If you don't already know, most people have been saying that the Green Hornet trailer makes it look like the better movie. In fact, the studio that was once really upset with Green Hornet, demanding re-shoots and not planning much advertising, is now already planning for a sequel since the test screenings have been off-the-charts positive. So, without further adieu, here are the trailers for Green Lantern and Green Hornet.

Green Lantern


Green Hornet
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/Garya87
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 30
Location : Smallville, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:40 pm

I personally have to give it to The Green Hornet. I wasn't expecting this at all, since I had heard bad things and, to be honest, didn't think Seth Rogen really fit the role. But is looks really sharp, it looks like it has some cool action and humor, and blends it pretty well. Green Lantern, on the other hand, doesn't really seem like it's the best trailer they could have done. It seems to me they focused on showing more of the effects they had finished rather than the action, humor, and story of the film. I'm still holding out hope for the second trailer, but for now I'm loving that Green Hornet trailer more.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/Garya87
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 30
Location : Smallville, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:53 pm

Nobody has anything to say?

-Gary
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/Garya87
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 440
Join date : 2009-02-27
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:17 am

I'm with you Gary - got to give it to Green Hornet. I'm still not convinced Seth Rogen is the man for the role. The Hornet was alway a cool, smooth character, he seem like a bumbling idiot, but the Trailer has changed my mind a little.

_________________
"It's not who I am underneath... but what I do that defines me." - Batman Begins...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gothamknightsonline.com
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 30
Location : Smallville, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:17 pm

I wasn't originally either, but Rogen seems to be taking it pretty seriously. Obviously, because it's him there are going to be some comedic moments in there, but I feel like he's going to be a bit different then he normally is.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/Garya87
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 440
Join date : 2009-02-27
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:45 pm

The guy playing Kato looks great - kind of them discovering the adventure together. I'm looking forward to it.

_________________
"It's not who I am underneath... but what I do that defines me." - Batman Begins...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gothamknightsonline.com
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:57 pm

I'm going to adapt the mind of an average movie-goer, and not an avid comic book reader.

If I saw these two trailers, back to back in no particular order, I would pay to see "Green Hornet". Sure, "Green Lantern" looks legit, but people want action, as well as something unpredictable.

In class today, (we somehow discuss films from time to time) some kids even admitted that some movies nowadays are "so stupid" and "so freakin' predictable now". I actually smiled to this, because it's true, and I love films, especially the classics, where film was an art and acting was a career. I could have told them that decades ago; and I wasn't even ALIVE. Hah!

But I have high hopes for "Green Hornet". It looks fantastic. It definitely delivers what it's reputation used to shine with.
"Green Lantern" ... All I said in my head was "That Van Wilder guy? Seriously?".

I just don't think it's going to be all good people amp it up to be.

My bet is on the "Green Hornet".
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 30
Location : Smallville, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:18 am

I really hope it's just the trailer, because if Green Lantern is bad I'm going to be VERY disappointed. Like, some of the other Green Hornet trailers (the one I posted is the 4th one) aren't as good as this one, which highlights the comedy and unique plot rather than the action. The more action based ones aren't as good, in my opinion, as this one, mostly because I feel like that's where Seth Rogen's talents lie. And although he's known for his comedy, I feel like Ryan Reynolds CAN play a good Hal Jordan...if he's got the material and direction to do so.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/Garya87
iod1974
Gotham Knight Reader
avatar

Posts : 94
Join date : 2010-10-27
Age : 42
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:51 am

The Batman On Film website did a podcast just on the Green Lantern Trailer, it was an hour and a half discussion just on the trailer (they did talk a little Batman at the end). I enjoyed it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 30
Location : Smallville, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:52 am

I'll have to check that out, I'd love to hear what they had to say, since they picked it apart.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/Garya87
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 440
Join date : 2009-02-27
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:45 pm

iod1974 wrote:
The Batman On Film website did a podcast just on the Green Lantern Trailer, it was an hour and a half discussion just on the trailer (they did talk a little Batman at the end). I enjoyed it!

That annoys me - how can you have a Batman podcast when they talk about a 3 minute trailer on Green Lantern for an hour!!! Crazy!

_________________
"It's not who I am underneath... but what I do that defines me." - Batman Begins...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gothamknightsonline.com
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 30
Location : Smallville, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm

jondoe297 wrote:
That annoys me - how can you have a Batman podcast when they talk about a 3 minute trailer on Green Lantern for an hour!!! Crazy!

Agreed!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/Garya87
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:32 pm

gallegra wrote:
I really hope it's just the trailer, because if Green Lantern is bad I'm going to be VERY disappointed. Like, some of the other Green Hornet trailers (the one I posted is the 4th one) aren't as good as this one, which highlights the comedy and unique plot rather than the action. The more action based ones aren't as good, in my opinion, as this one, mostly because I feel like that's where Seth Rogen's talents lie. And although he's known for his comedy, I feel like Ryan Reynolds CAN play a good Hal Jordan...if he's got the material and direction to do so.

-Gary
I'm not a Marvel fan, but doesn't Ryan Reynolds play as Deadpool or someone in that Wolverine movie that came out months ago? Because he definitely has the personality and talent to be a Deadpool. Only male hero I like in Marvel's side to be honest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 440
Join date : 2009-02-27
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:20 am

Yeah he was Deadpool - suppose to be doing hisown spin off movie as well. He does seem more Deadpool that GL.

_________________
"It's not who I am underneath... but what I do that defines me." - Batman Begins...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gothamknightsonline.com
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 30
Location : Smallville, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:06 pm

True...He's supposedly still on board for Deadpool, and wants to take it really seriously. Having it be a kinda crazy flick, with him breaking the fourth wall and talking to the crowd and stuff. I'm expecting it to be kinda like this;

\

-Gary
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/Garya87
Jon Q. Citizen
Gotham Knight Initiated
avatar

Posts : 151
Join date : 2009-11-19
Age : 44
Location : Columbus, OH

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:08 pm

I'm sticking with Green Lantern despite how good the G-Hornet trailer looks! I love the Marvel/DC series as well (I've been checking them out for years now).

I am hoping against hope that Green Lantern can live up to the GL monthly that has revitalized the character and brought the popularity that has led to the movie.......sigh.....but I am a little fearful seeing the trailer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jonqcitizen.blogspot.com/
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:18 pm

jondoe297 wrote:
Yeah he was Deadpool - suppose to be doing hisown spin off movie as well. He does seem more Deadpool that GL.
Ah! Yeah. He suits it way better. But I personally think you need more than an appearance similarity to play a comic hero in a film. You need the personality they portray. It's just not that easy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
avatar

Posts : 119
Join date : 2010-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:35 pm

Honestly, I dont think Ryan Reynolds is either Deadpool (from the small quantity of comics i've read about him) or Hal Jordan. But as for which is the better movie? I'm not really a Green Hornet fan but Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan doesn't sound so appetizing, but then again neither does Seth Rogen as Green Hornet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:46 pm

ballpointbanana wrote:
Honestly, I dont think Ryan Reynolds is either Deadpool (from the small quantity of comics i've read about him) or Hal Jordan. But as for which is the better movie? I'm not really a Green Hornet fan but Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan doesn't sound so appetizing, but then again neither does Seth Rogen as Green Hornet
Exactly. I don't understand why they are getting comedic actors to do such... serious hero's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 30
Location : Smallville, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:34 pm

Seth Rogen and Green Hornet I never really got, but apparently Seth is a big fan. I'm not personally attached to the material, so I don't mind Rogen putting a comedic twist on Green Hornet (and I actually really like the looks of the trailer). My problem with Green Lantern isn't Ryan Reynolds, because it looks like he's toning down the humor and trying to play a more serious role - and Hal Jordan does have a strong sarcastic side too. The trailer just didn't grab me the way the Green Hornet one did. It looked pretty cool, and had a bit of humor, but it wasn't edited as well as the Green Hornet one was. Obviously the studio thinks it's good because they already have greenlit production on GL2, and it could just be that it's the first trailer and it doesn't represent the movie well, but as of now I'm not too impressed.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/Garya87
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
avatar

Posts : 119
Join date : 2010-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:39 pm

Fawks wrote:
ballpointbanana wrote:
Honestly, I dont think Ryan Reynolds is either Deadpool (from the small quantity of comics i've read about him) or Hal Jordan. But as for which is the better movie? I'm not really a Green Hornet fan but Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan doesn't sound so appetizing, but then again neither does Seth Rogen as Green Hornet
Exactly. I don't understand why they are getting comedic actors to do such... serious hero's.

I think it's because their popular, Seth Rogen obviously has been in countless popular movies and as for Ryan Reynolds the only thing I know him from is the third Blade movie and that one movie where he wore a fat suit. Even though their comedic actors, in the end they make a profit so in taking a risk like GL (who isn't as recognized outside of the comic world) some serious people need to make their serious money back. That's all I can draw from getting these comedic actors to play some serious comic book roles. I guess we just need to be thankful us Batman fans got a serious character actor in Christian Bale.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 30
Location : Smallville, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:50 pm

I don't think there's anything wrong with comedic actors playing some comic roles...they don't all have to be serious, dark, dramatic films. Plus, both of these movies seem to have a more serious, heartfelt side to them (Green Lantern especially) as well, rather than just jokes and action scenes. And Ryan Reynolds has the physique to play a superhero as well (not so much with Rogen, although he did lose a lot of weight for the role).

-Gary
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/Garya87
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:15 pm

ballpointbanana wrote:
Fawks wrote:
ballpointbanana wrote:
Honestly, I dont think Ryan Reynolds is either Deadpool (from the small quantity of comics i've read about him) or Hal Jordan. But as for which is the better movie? I'm not really a Green Hornet fan but Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan doesn't sound so appetizing, but then again neither does Seth Rogen as Green Hornet
Exactly. I don't understand why they are getting comedic actors to do such... serious hero's.

I think it's because their popular, Seth Rogen obviously has been in countless popular movies and as for Ryan Reynolds the only thing I know him from is the third Blade movie and that one movie where he wore a fat suit. Even though their comedic actors, in the end they make a profit so in taking a risk like GL (who isn't as recognized outside of the comic world) some serious people need to make their serious money back. That's all I can draw from getting these comedic actors to play some serious comic book roles. I guess we just need to be thankful us Batman fans got a serious character actor in Christian Bale.
Oh man, what a hunk, Bale...
But, uhm, was I the only one who giggled when he started "talking" when he was Batman? What was that voice he was doing? A disguise?? It was.. weird.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 30
Location : Smallville, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:17 pm

My friend once referred to the Bale's American accent as "talking with a wad of spit in his mouth", and the Bat voice...well...that's been made fun of enough.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/Garya87
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
avatar

Posts : 119
Join date : 2010-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:59 pm

Well I assume that Bruce is in fact Gotham's biggest celebrity so if he talked in his regular voice I can only assume that people would know that it was Bruce.

But as for Christian Bale, my girlfriend said that the only person she would leave me for was Christian Bale. I guess that's a compliment...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   

Back to top Go down
 
Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Green lantern Merch thread
» New "Green Lantern" Artwork For Kilowog & Hal Jordan
» Ryan Reynolds Wins 'People's Choice Award' For 'Green Lantern'
» Ficus microcarpa 'Green Island'
» "Wonder Woman" movie for 2013?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum :: GENERAL :: GKO Polls-
Jump to: