Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.
 
HomeLog inFAQRegister

Share | 
 

 Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:31 pm

Batman Begins - Scarecrow
The Dark Knight - Joker & Two-Face
Dark Knight Rises - ???

Immediately there was rumors that the Riddler was going to be the next star-villain in the third and final installment of Nolan's Batman movies. And of course, with rumors, there has to be fanmade evidence.

... and my personal favorite:

Sorry for the big images!! But wow! Look at that! Looks convincing, doesn't it?

But who do you think is suit for the next villain? I think the rumored Riddler would be an awful mistake. Especially after the Joker. I think they should maybe think about Hush, but he's not a well-known character at all, but he has a great story with Bruce. And the famous baddies like Mr. Freeze and the Penguin and Clayface would be too corny. And definitely not pick Clayface! People would think it was the same guy from Spiderman 3! Ugh.

I mean, who is there to choose that the public kinda knows?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
avatar

Posts : 83
Join date : 2010-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:41 pm

you forgot to add Ra's Al Ghul for Batman Begins. Christopher Nolan already has confirmed that the Riddler isn't going to be the main villain for the Dark Knight Rises. To me the trilogy is coming in full circle and I think maybe(?) Ra's Al Ghul might come back as the main villain, I most likely think Talia Al Ghul is going to be in the film but as a villain or the love interest I don't know. It's been confirmed that there is going to be two female leads and I think one of them is going to be Talia Al Ghul but the other I'm not sure and I hope Nolan doesn't use Catwoman. I liked the idea of the Riddler being the main villain but since it isn't going to happen I'm okay with that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/JoeZilla87
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:47 pm

joezilla87 wrote:
you forgot to add Ra's Al Ghul for Batman Begins. Christopher Nolan already has confirmed that the Riddler isn't going to be the main villain for the Dark Knight Rises. To me the trilogy is coming in full circle and I think maybe(?) Ra's Al Ghul might come back as the main villain, I most likely think Talia Al Ghul is going to be in the film but as a villain or the love interest I don't know. It's been confirmed that there is going to be two female leads and I think one of them is going to be Talia Al Ghul but the other I'm not sure and I hope Nolan doesn't use Catwoman. I liked the idea of the Riddler being the main villain but since it isn't going to happen I'm okay with that.
Oh yeah, him. A second female role? Hm.. I wonder who it could be! I'm getting all excited! I forgot about him. He is interesting. They could always do Black Mask too. He's eerie.. and a drug cartel gang ruler emperor. That would gain attention from people.
But that female role.. hm.. Catwoman is too predictable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
avatar

Posts : 83
Join date : 2010-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:55 pm

The Black Mask would be a good choice but I don't see it happening in the Dark Knight Rises. I hear that Catwoman is going to be the other female role but Nolan isn't confirming anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/JoeZilla87
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:59 pm

joezilla87 wrote:
The Black Mask would be a good choice but I don't see it happening in the Dark Knight Rises. I hear that Catwoman is going to be the other female role but Nolan isn't confirming anything.
That's a bit too predictable. I also heard that the actor who played as Dent isn't returning? He kinda just disappeared at the end of the movie, I was really expecting him to do something in this film, to me he did not die! Haha. This is too much anticipation.

But the name, "Dark Knight Rises", it seems off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
avatar

Posts : 83
Join date : 2010-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:05 pm

Aaron Eckhart has said that Nolan told him Two-Face is dead and it was Batman who killed him to save Gordon's son. It makes it seem that the Joker won by forcing Batman break the one rule he refused to make and that was killing someone. I would like to see a different female character like Silver St. Cloud but I don't know about that. I think it would be cool to bring back Liam Neeson to do this movie and bring Talia Al Ghul into the film series or maybe Nolan can bring back Cillian Murphy and make the Scarecrow as the main villain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/JoeZilla87
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 30
Location : Smallville, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:30 pm

I love how they misspelled Morgan Freeman's name on the top poster haha.

Yeah, everyone basically updated you on the rumors by now it looks like. All we know about the cast is Tom Hardy, one of the guys from Inception is cast in some role. But we don't know much else...

I don't think they'll use Ra's again, at least not as Liam Neeson. That's a bit too much of the "supernatural" stuff that Nolan tries to avoid. I remember hearing before Batman Begins it was rumored that they would have the penguin. Not like DeVito, but more as a serious black market/gang leader and I really liked that idea. But I dunno...

-Gary
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/Garya87
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
avatar

Posts : 83
Join date : 2010-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:18 am

There were some rumors that Phillip Seymor Hoffman was going to be cast as the Penguin but Hoffman has said that he hasn't been contacted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/JoeZilla87
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 30
Location : Smallville, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:42 pm

joezilla87 wrote:
There were some rumors that Phillip Seymor Hoffman was going to be cast as the Penguin but Hoffman has said that he hasn't been contacted.

That was a while ago though, right? Because I remember hearing that, but it was years ago now. Or has that rumor come up again with TDKR?

-Gary
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/Garya87
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
avatar

Posts : 83
Join date : 2010-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:11 pm

It was last year when I heard about it but I think rumors started going around late 2008.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/JoeZilla87
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:46 pm

gallegra wrote:
I love how they misspelled Morgan Freeman's name on the top poster haha.

Yeah, everyone basically updated you on the rumors by now it looks like. All we know about the cast is Tom Hardy, one of the guys from Inception is cast in some role. But we don't know much else...

I don't think they'll use Ra's again, at least not as Liam Neeson. That's a bit too much of the "supernatural" stuff that Nolan tries to avoid. I remember hearing before Batman Begins it was rumored that they would have the penguin. Not like DeVito, but more as a serious black market/gang leader and I really liked that idea. But I dunno...

-Gary
Yeah, I agree with you. He changed the Joker's back story to make it more believable and not as comic-y. Nolan really hits the nail on the head with Batman in his flicks. I don't think anyone else can top him after these, hah.

I really think Black Mask would be cool... Even though he was in "Under the Red Hood", I would think he would be awesome. And he's a very important person. . . in my opinion. . . But that two female roles, I really do wonder who they could be..

Gee, they really did misspell Morgan's name. I scrolled back up when I read your post, hah. The artist for these fan-made posters, really is a good artists. He made a Wonder Woman one, and it was brilliant - just saying!

gallegra wrote:
joezilla87 wrote:
There were some rumors that Phillip Seymor Hoffman was going to be cast as the Penguin but Hoffman has said that he hasn't been contacted.

That was a while ago though, right? Because I remember hearing that, but it was years ago now. Or has that rumor come up again with TDKR?

-Gary
I really think allowing the Penguin to be the main baddie in Rises would be a bad idea. I just have a feeling..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 30
Location : Smallville, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:55 pm

Black mask COULD work, but it seems a little off to me. Then again, I agree, the Penguin seems a bit wrong for the movie too...although I do like the idea in general of playing him as a sinister arms dealer.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/Garya87
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2009-10-26
Age : 43
Location : Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:34 pm

I have a feeling Talia Al Ghul will be the main or one of the main villains in the film. Batman took out Ras Al Ghul in 'Batman Begins', so it makes sense that the daughter takes her much awaited revenge in 'The Dark Knight Rises'.


_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:48 pm

AndrewT wrote:
I have a feeling Talia Al Ghul will be the main or one of the main villains in the film. Batman took out Ras Al Ghul in 'Batman Begins', so it makes sense that the daughter takes her much awaited revenge in 'The Dark Knight Rises'.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure she will be in Nolan's third film. No doubt. But hopefully Catwoman isn't going to make an appearance.. that would be just.. awkward.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader
avatar

Posts : 86
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 34
Location : Chino Hills, CA

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:24 am

I know it's probably not going to happen, but I would love to see Batman take on Bane in the "Dark Knight Rises". I don't think Batman had a real good one on one fight with anyone in "Batman Begins", and in "The Dark Knight", and I think a fight with Bane would provide just that.

But with some of the recent rumors floating around, I have a feeling it's going to be Catwoman, and Hugo Strange.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 30
Location : Smallville, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:45 pm

J Knight5 wrote:
I know it's probably not going to happen, but I would love to see Batman take on Bane in the "Dark Knight Rises". I don't think Batman had a real good one on one fight with anyone in "Batman Begins", and in "The Dark Knight", and I think a fight with Bane would provide just that.

But with some of the recent rumors floating around, I have a feeling it's going to be Catwoman, and Hugo Strange.

Bane would be AWESOME! They didn't really do him justice in Batman and Robin...he's actually a super-intelligent strategist as well as a strong, proficient fighter. I would definitely want to see a realistic take on him.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/Garya87
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
avatar

Posts : 83
Join date : 2010-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:56 pm

I read a rumor a month that Nolan is going to use "Prey" from Legends of the Dark Knight series as the inspiration for this movie. It's about Hugo Strange using some criminal fight Batman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/JoeZilla87
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 30
Location : Smallville, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:57 pm

joezilla87 wrote:
I read a rumor a month that Nolan is going to use "Prey" from Legends of the Dark Knight series as the inspiration for this movie. It's about Hugo Strange using some criminal fight Batman.

Actually, we talked about that for a while in the podcast that's going to come out in a few days. It's an interesting plot, for sure...can't wait to see what they go with!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/Garya87
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
avatar

Posts : 83
Join date : 2010-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:19 pm

I haven't heard any of your podcasts but I'll check this one out, mostly for the Marcus To interview. I think the plot is interesting and I think I might go through ebay and see if anyone has this story arc. I started to like Strange's character since I read Strange Apparitions by Englehart and Rogers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/JoeZilla87
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 30
Location : Smallville, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:04 pm

Sounds interesting...I've not seen much of the character.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/Garya87
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader
avatar

Posts : 86
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 34
Location : Chino Hills, CA

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:47 pm

After reading the story description for Prey, its seems like it would fit perfectly as the main plot for The Dark Knight Rises.
Now I want to try a find a copy of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:13 pm

J Knight5 wrote:
I know it's probably not going to happen, but I would love to see Batman take on Bane in the "Dark Knight Rises". I don't think Batman had a real good one on one fight with anyone in "Batman Begins", and in "The Dark Knight", and I think a fight with Bane would provide just that.

But with some of the recent rumors floating around, I have a feeling it's going to be Catwoman, and Hugo Strange.
Oh.. that's a good one. I had forgotten all about Huge Strange.. He would be believable, but I think Nolan would choose a villain that the least knowledgeable person of Batman history, would be the least bit familiar with. I know Nolan probably does it for the fans, but he also has to market his movie. Special effects, and a title used from the previous movie, doesn't necessarily work all the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
avatar

Posts : 119
Join date : 2010-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:00 am

Gorilla Boss. Hands down. Gorilla Boss. In fact I should start up a letter writing campaign for Gorilla Boss TDKR Villian 2012. He is the single greatest invention in the Batman Rogues Gallery besides the obvious ones. I mean COME ON a guy gets the death penalty, get's executed, and due to a disgraced surgeon, get's his brain implanted into the skull of a giant gorilla, obviously great storytelling. And YES that's how that works you have a human brain and you can put it into whatever animal you want and the animal goes on a crime spree and acts like the human the brain was previously in thats how that works. How do you out do the Joker and one of the greatest movies ever made? A Gorilla-human hybrid of course!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-03-20
Age : 30
Location : Smallville, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:51 pm

I dunno, Dane...I'm still pulling for Killer Moth. Fan Campaign!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/Garya87
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:55 pm

Killer Moth? Gorilla Boss? Haha.. uhm. Please write a letter to them. I wonder if they would respond! I'm very curious about what their reply would entail on this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents   

Back to top Go down
 
Dark Knight Rises - Your Two Cents
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum :: BATMAN MEDIA :: Batman Movies-
Jump to: