Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

The Untold Legend of the Batman

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader
J Knight5

The Untold Legend of the Batman Empty
PostSubject: The Untold Legend of the Batman   The Untold Legend of the Batman I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 12:33 am

Back in 1989 when the first Batman movie came out, I got a three part comic Series called the Untold Legend of the Batman, that came with audio tapes of the comic with each issue. As a kid I would read and listen to these comics alot, it's really where I got most of my knowledge of Batman, and a lot of other characters.
I still have the comics and the audio tapes, but it's been years since I listened the tapes because I don't have a tape player anymore. I always remembered the audio adaption being really good with good voice acting, but since it's been so long since I've heard it, I can't say if it still holds up.
I was curious to see if anyone else has heard this, and if they thought it was good like I remember it.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: The Untold Legend of the Batman   The Untold Legend of the Batman I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 2:39 am

No, but that sounds awesome! The closest thing I had was a 2XL audio adventure based on Batman: TAS, which I believe had Kevin Conroy as the voice of Batman and was pretty cool. It was basically an audio "Choose your own adventure".

-Gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
joezilla87

PostSubject: Re: The Untold Legend of the Batman   The Untold Legend of the Batman I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 10:27 am

My older brother gave me the collected edition back when I was like 7 I think. Like you that is what I read a lot since it was Batman and I did enjoy as well. I had no idea about the audio tape and I'm not sure if my brother had a copy or not.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JoeZilla87
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader
J Knight5

PostSubject: Re: The Untold Legend of the Batman   The Untold Legend of the Batman I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 11:25 am

gallegra wrote:
No, but that sounds awesome! The closest thing I had was a 2XL audio adventure based on Batman: TAS, which I believe had Kevin Conroy as the voice of Batman and was pretty cool. It was basically an audio "Choose your own adventure".

-Gary

Man that's sounds really cool! I never knew that existed. Anything with Kevin Conroy as Batman is somehing I got to check out. But I doubt I will be able to find that anywhere now.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: The Untold Legend of the Batman   The Untold Legend of the Batman I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 8:39 pm

Yeah, it was really awesome. I think I still have the tape somewhere, but I have no idea where.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Jay Kay
Gotham Knight Reader
Jay Kay

PostSubject: Re: The Untold Legend of the Batman   The Untold Legend of the Batman I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 9:41 am

I never had the tape, but I do remember reading that from a local library one time--I really liked it. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jaredk1
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader
J Knight5

PostSubject: Re: The Untold Legend of the Batman   The Untold Legend of the Batman I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 8:17 pm

I really want to hear those tapes again. I'm thinking of getting one of those tape players with a USB port, so I can upload them on to my computer, and then listen to them again on my Ipod.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: The Untold Legend of the Batman   The Untold Legend of the Batman I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 9:55 am

J Knight5 wrote:
I really want to hear those tapes again. I'm thinking of getting one of those tape players with a USB port, so I can upload them on to my computer, and then listen to them again on my Ipod.

If you do that, you'll have to share those mp3's!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Jay Kay
Gotham Knight Reader
Jay Kay

PostSubject: Re: The Untold Legend of the Batman   The Untold Legend of the Batman I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 9:58 am

Yeah, I'd be interested in hearing that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jaredk1
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader
J Knight5

PostSubject: Re: The Untold Legend of the Batman   The Untold Legend of the Batman I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:28 pm

gallegra wrote:
J Knight5 wrote:

If you do that, you'll have to share those mp3's!

-Gary

Yeah absolutely, I'll definitely share them with you guys!
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: The Untold Legend of the Batman   The Untold Legend of the Batman I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:32 pm

I was looking around online trying to see what the cheapest way for you to convert your cassettes is, and I found an interesting option here that might work for you, if your computer has a headphone or line-in headphone jack. All you'd need otherwise is some free software and a male to male stereo wire.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader
J Knight5

PostSubject: Re: The Untold Legend of the Batman   The Untold Legend of the Batman I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 9:16 pm

Thanks for sharing that link, but I actually just ordered a portable tape player with a USB port from Amazon. It comes with some software that lets you record whats playing from the tape player. I should get it on Wednesday. As soon as I get it ripped, I'll share it with you guys!

Last edited by J Knight5 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: The Untold Legend of the Batman   The Untold Legend of the Batman I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 9:38 pm

Sweet! Sounds good!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader
J Knight5

PostSubject: Re: The Untold Legend of the Batman   The Untold Legend of the Batman I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:51 pm

Well I got that tape player, and I was finally able to listen to those tapes again! It's been almost 20 years since I've heard those tapes, and for the most part I still enjoyed them, but they didn't quite hold up as good as I remembered them. I did enjoy listing to them again, it brought back some good memories. I still thought the voice acting was good, but a couple of things I forgot about that brought it down for me, were the music, and the sound effects that are on there. A lot of it felt like music and sound effects from an old 80's cartoon that just didn't seem to fit. And then there's the intro song for all the tapes, which puts Danny Elfman's Batman music to shame! (not really)

I have the tapes ripped, and I want to share them with you guys, but I'm not sure on whats the best way to do it.
Is there a way for me to put them up here on the boards? or would it better if I send e-mails with the files attached, to whoever wants to listen to them? I'll do whatever works best.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: The Untold Legend of the Batman   The Untold Legend of the Batman I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:22 am

J Knight5 wrote:
I have the tapes ripped, and I want to share them with you guys, but I'm not sure on whats the best way to do it. Is there a way for me to put them up here on the boards? or would it better if I send e-mails with the files attached, to whoever wants to listen to them? I'll do whatever works best.

I would imagine the easiest way to do it would be to upload it onto a site like mediafire, where you can just upload a file and copy the link, then post the link here. It's free and you don't need an account, it wouldn't take that long to upload some audio files. That'd be really cool if you could post that!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader
J Knight5

PostSubject: Re: The Untold Legend of the Batman   The Untold Legend of the Batman I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:28 am

Cool. I'll go ahead and try it that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Untold Legend of the Batman   The Untold Legend of the Batman I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Untold Legend of the Batman
Page 1 of 1