Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

Introductions Thread

Go down 
+14
iod1974
matttco
Boozad
Batman knows Karate
Sergiot0831
wessimpson
badsoul
Jon Q. Citizen
TheXtremisT
scarygarrey
DarkKnightQc
jondoe297
gallegra
AndrewT
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Boozad
Gotham Knight Regular
Boozad

Introductions Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 3:53 pm

jondoe297 wrote:
They just look so awesome in the CGC cases - thanks for the link. I'll give that a proper explore tomorrow.

You're welcome Bob. Anybody's welcome to join up over there, the forum part is pretty dead but it's a great alternative to Photobucket to host your scans and photos. cheers
Back to top Go down
matttco
Gotham Knight Newbie
matttco

PostSubject: First post!   Introductions Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 4:02 pm

Huge Batman fan right here. Love the animated series, the movies, the comics. Found this fourm and want to meet fellow Batman Fans. I'm usually online all day if you want to chat Batman, my aim is mattthecool1 and my skype is mattgalvin18. So If you want to talk about the latest issue of return of Bruce Wayne or argue which Batman Beyond episode was better feel free to hit me up. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.nomoregameblogs.com
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
jondoe297

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 5:06 pm

Hey Mattco - welcome to the forums Smile

Good to see a new face - you mentioned the forum so if you haven't check the site out - http://gothamknightsonline.blogspot.com/

Let us know what you think.

Cheers
Bob
Back to top Go down
http://www.gothamknightsonline.com
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:55 pm

Welcome, Mattco! Good to have another person around, as always!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
matttco
Gotham Knight Newbie
matttco

PostSubject: Blog   Introductions Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:15 am

That's how I found the forum, I found the awesome blog first. Hard to find a good Batman site that's up to date on all the Batman news, so kudos for that. Also checked out the Mag you guys make and thought it was amazing. My one note on the mag is I wish it was in CBR format instead of PDF cause the comic viewer I use is way better then adobes thing and to me it just makes sense to be in comic book format Smile But no matter what format its awesome, keep making em and I'll keep reading them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.nomoregameblogs.com
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 2:33 pm

We should look into that, actually, Then we could share it on comic scanning sites, and maybe get some new followers!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
jondoe297

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 3:44 pm

matttco wrote:
That's how I found the forum, I found the awesome blog first. Hard to find a good Batman site that's up to date on all the Batman news, so kudos for that. Also checked out the Mag you guys make and thought it was amazing. My one note on the mag is I wish it was in CBR format instead of PDF cause the comic viewer I use is way better then adobes thing and to me it just makes sense to be in comic book format Smile But no matter what format its awesome, keep making em and I'll keep reading them. Very Happy

I shall look into that for you - If you guys ever want to pimp out the Chronicles or Podcast to other people then I'm not going to complain. The more coverage the better.

The site traffic is amazing at the moment, its taking off really well. I only wish the podcasts where near the top on iTunes. No one seems to want to submit a review Sad
Back to top Go down
iod1974
Gotham Knight Reader
iod1974

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 7:26 am

Hi All

Thank you so much for such a great web site and podcast. I was born in New York in 1974 and have been a Batman fan all my life. Growing up in the 1970’s I watched re-runs of the Adam West show and the cartoon “SuperFriends.” All my pictures of me as a little kid have some kind of Batman toy in the background. I had lost interest as I got older, but when I was in 9th grade ( age 14) some friends who collected comics were talking about the death of Robin in the comics. I was shocked! My mom took me to the comic book store that night, probably just to shut me up with my constant pestering to get me the book. I purchased the trade paperback of “A Death in the Family” and began reading it the moment I got home. It was my very first comic.
I was soon buying back issues and new comics as fast as my budget would allow. That summer the first Tim Burton Batman came out…. the rest is history.
I am now a 6th Grade Social Studies teacher in North Carolina. I have Batman posters all over my room and comic books for the kids to read in the classroom library. When we study the Greeks, I show the class the Justice League episode “ This Little Piggy.” I have two step-daughters who now love Batman as much as I do, it drives my wife crazy how much we watch Brave and the Bold or play Lego Batman.
Thanks
Terry
Back to top Go down
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
jondoe297

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 9:13 am

Welcome iod - I love hearing how people got into Batman and I'm glad you decided to join us and share mate. I'm the same, drive my wife crazy because all three of my children like Batman/Comics and love sitting there watching Brave and the Bold.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 1:21 pm

iod1974 wrote:
I am now a 6th Grade Social Studies teacher in North Carolina. I have Batman posters all over my room and comic books for the kids to read in the classroom library. When we study the Greeks, I show the class the Justice League episode “ This Little Piggy.”

Nice to meet you, Terry, and welcome to our little community of Bat-fans! I really love that you use Batman and comics in general in your classes, and the stories from them to lead discussions. One of my favorite teachers in grade school was one who was an artist and would draw pictures of the Hulk and Batman for us, good times.

Anyways, welcome again!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
iod1974
Gotham Knight Reader
iod1974

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 3:36 pm

Thanks! I'm glad to be here. I have been loving the podcasts! Keep up the Great Work!
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 4:47 pm

Thanks, I appreciate it! I won't be on the one that comes out this week, but I should be on the next one. I love doing them!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:37 pm

Hey you all!
I recently joined this week, and did not have a clue that there was an introductions thread! Oopsies. Hah, well I'm Virginia, I digitally go by "Fawks", it's a silly nickname. I've been RSS'ing GKO for over a year now, and just finally clicked the messagaeboards and decided to be a true member.

I really dig the new website! I was heartbroken when you left blogspot! I thought the site got deleted because I was too lazy to not google the name and just click the RSS feed! Haha, but anyways, I'm a huge Batman fan. Pretty much the only one in my school.. :/

I'm a serious Batwoman/Kate Kane, Cassie, Babs, Tim Drake, Scarecrow, BB, Catwoman fan. Hah. I draw on occasion.

I guess a little about myself in a nutshell; I drink 99¢ ceylon tea, I dislike wearing socks, I like wearing sweaters that come only from thrift stores, I'm usually not politically-correct, I like bears.. and various other stuffed animals, I'm 18 and only have a permit, I'm currently a senior in high school and I'm still deciding on a major, I do yoga and have an eating disorder, I like flat feet, and have a GPA of 3.9.

c:
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:25 am

Haha well nice to officially meet you, Virginia! Glad you decided to check out our little community, we're getting more and more active all the time - and hopefully once the boards get a bit of an uplift like the site, we'll get another boost.

I've gotta admit, I'm a bit surprised you're in high school - you write pretty well, and don't use "lol" and whatever all the time...good for you haha. I love that you included your GPA haha, any idea what majors you're considering yet?

Anyways, thanks for introducing yourself and welcome to GKO!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader
J Knight5

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:36 pm

Hey guys. I just joined the forms earlier this week, and this looks like its a great community.
I've been following the site for a few months now, and think it's easily one of the best Batman sites around.
I first found out about Gotham Knight online through a search of Batman podcast I did from Itunes. I really loved the podcast,and thought I would check out the site. And now i make sure I visit it daily, and that I never miss a podcast episode.

I've been a Batman fan as long as I can remember. My favorite adaption of Batman is The Animated Series and the whole DCAU, followed by the Nolan movies. I've been following Batman in comics since the Knightfall series in 93, and then stopped for a bit in the early 2000's. I've since gotten back into comics in 2005, and don't plan on ever stopping again.

Other than Batman and other comic characters, I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and I love to play video games. I also enjoy Baseball, and playing music.
I look forward to posting on these forms, and continuing to enjoy the site, and podcast.

Later.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 7:00 pm

Welcome, J Knight5! It's great to officially meet you. As you can tell, many of us here are the same way about TAS and the DCAU as well, at least those of us in our 30's our younger. I'm sure it was me personally on the podcast that brought you in haha...

J Knight5 wrote:
I've been following Batman in comics since the Knightfall series in 93, and then stopped for a bit in the early 2000's. I've since gotten back into comics in 2005, and don't plan on ever stopping again.

Hahaha, it's so funny that so many of us here have the same story...I'm the same was, as is Bob, creator of the site, and a few others on the forum here. Knightfall got us in, then we've all come back at the latest by RIP. Craziness... Glad to have you, and welcome to GKO!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader
J Knight5

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 7:39 pm

Thanks for the nice welcome! It's cool to know that a lot of people here like the Knightfall series. For awhile I thought I was one of the few who liked it. A lot of people I've talked to don't seem to like it that much. But I always thought it was great.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 7:41 pm

I loved it, and Jean-Paul Valley's Azrael is still one of my favorite characters.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 8:24 pm

gallegra wrote:
Haha well nice to officially meet you, Virginia! Glad you decided to check out our little community, we're getting more and more active all the time - and hopefully once the boards get a bit of an uplift like the site, we'll get another boost.

I've gotta admit, I'm a bit surprised you're in high school - you write pretty well, and don't use "lol" and whatever all the time...good for you haha. I love that you included your GPA haha, any idea what majors you're considering yet?

Anyways, thanks for introducing yourself and welcome to GKO!

-Gary
I hope you guys do! This site definitely deserves it. It has a level of balanced maturity and it's quite informative. It even beats dccomics.com in my humble opinion on updated news.

I try to utilize my brain. Most kids my age don't. It's ridiculous, but that's a different story, but thank you for the swell compliment! C:

Yeah, I worked hard my entire life in high school and middle school. I haven't a B yet, and I'm not quiet sure what to major in. I sway easily, and the only one that seems to have foundation in my head is psychology.. But that's even if-y on a bad day. I ranged from graphic designing and communications to being a paralegal to a librarian even. I'm not all too sure. I feel too "evenly distributed" to find a niche in the working world.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 8:39 pm

Fawks wrote:
I'm not quiet sure what to major in. I sway easily, and the only one that seems to have foundation in my head is psychology.. But that's even if-y on a bad day. I ranged from graphic designing and communications to being a paralegal to a librarian even. I'm not all too sure. I feel too "evenly distributed" to find a niche in the working world.

I was actually exactly the same way. I took every type of aptitude test I could find; I took one from the guidance office at school, one for the military called the ASVAB, two different ones at my local community college, and actually hired a life-coach or some such thing at one point. I had no idea where to go...I ended up deciding either psychology or healthcare since I like to help people and am really intrigued by how the mind works, and now I'm close to having a Physical Therapy bachelor's degree and a Psychology minor. But I know how it is to be lost...if you ever need any help with that type of stuff I'm sure the last place you want to go is a Batman forum, but I'm here if you need it haha.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 8:43 pm

gallegra wrote:
Fawks wrote:
I'm not quiet sure what to major in. I sway easily, and the only one that seems to have foundation in my head is psychology.. But that's even if-y on a bad day. I ranged from graphic designing and communications to being a paralegal to a librarian even. I'm not all too sure. I feel too "evenly distributed" to find a niche in the working world.

I was actually exactly the same way. I took every type of aptitude test I could find; I took one from the guidance office at school, one for the military called the ASVAB, two different ones at my local community college, and actually hired a life-coach or some such thing at one point. I had no idea where to go...I ended up deciding either psychology or healthcare since I like to help people and am really intrigued by how the mind works, and now I'm close to having a Physical Therapy bachelor's degree and a Psychology minor. But I know how it is to be lost...if you ever need any help with that type of stuff I'm sure the last place you want to go is a Batman forum, but I'm here if you need it haha.

-Gary
Heehee! You cheered me up though! I'm glad I'm not the only one with mixed feelings. It's definitely hard to accept the fact that I am growing up now. But advice is still advice, no matter what medium is used to get it, righteo?
I'm similar to you, too! I love the mind, and how it works, I'm also fascinated by law enforcement too, but you know how it is. But expect a few questions from me! C:
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 9:23 pm

Hey, no problem. I just went through the same thing, so I figured I should letcha know haha. I considered Law Enforcement too...but then I realized it's very risky and the pay isn't that great in most places. Then again, they don't have 6-8 years of school, so yeah.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
ballpointbanana

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:23 pm

gallegra wrote:
Fawks wrote:

-Gary

I know this is the Introductions thread so I want to say hey to our two new members! But wasnt ASVAB the one test where after you take it the military calls you relentlessly and all day!? If so, I hated that one.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 11:48 pm

ballpointbanana wrote:
But wasnt ASVAB the one test where after you take it the military calls you relentlessly and all day!? If so, I hated that one.

Yeah, especially if you did well on it. I happened to get the highest score possible, meaning I was a prime candidate for any military position - so yeah, I was in the same boat as you and they called me a lot. But it was unique in that it tested life-skills rather than just either academic aptitude or career goals and stuff.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
jondoe297

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 5:35 am

@ Fawks and J Knight5

Welcome guys and thank you for the kind words on the site and podcast. I never imagined two years ago when starting out I'd get to meet a fantastic group of people through one of my creations and passions in life. I've known Gary for nearly as long and its a pleasure to call him a friend, especially for all his help over the years.

After reading Gary and Virginia talk, I feel like I've wasted my life away... should have paid more attention at school. I've always got my head in the clouds and a comic book...

After getting a home PC and started to learn web design I kind of fell into the right line of work but I always wished I'd furthered my education like you guys.

Still moving forward everything worked out for the best Smile

Again welcome aboard everyone... you all rock!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introductions Thread
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next