Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic

Go down 
+12
Boozad
Batman knows Karate
Sergiot0831
Zur-en-arrh
AlexfromLubbock
badsoul
Jon Q. Citizen
jondoe297
scarygarrey
gallegra
AndrewT
Claudie
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Boozad
Gotham Knight Regular
Boozad

Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic   Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 4:11 pm

Batman #516 - Kelley Jones' first interior artwork.

Batman #251 - Bronze Age re-definition of The Joker.

Knightfall. Loved it.

Vengeance of Bane. Glenn Fabry covers ar always winners.

Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader? Possibly one of my favourite Batman stories, Gaiman just nailed it.
Back to top Go down
badsoul
Gotham Knight Regular
badsoul

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic   Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 1:14 am

@ boozad: Kelley Jones is amazing. I just don't undestand why his work has not been collected in a hardcover or tradepaperback yet.
Back to top Go down
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
jondoe297

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic   Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 5:18 am

@ Boozad & Badsoul - you hit another nail on the head. I'm a massive Kelley Jones fan, your right tey should do a collection of his stuff even just a collection of covers...
Back to top Go down
http://www.gothamknightsonline.com
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic   Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 10:42 am

Ah, Mr. Kelley Jones...good stuff!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
Caped Crusader

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic   Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:53 pm

1. Batman : Year One

2. Batman : The Long Halloween

3. Batman : Hush

4. Batman : The Killing Joke

5. Batman : Knightfall

6. Batman : The Man Who Laughs

7. Superman/Batman : Public Enemies

8. Batman : Death in the family

9. Batman : The Dark Knight Returns

10. Trinity
Back to top Go down
billyk

billyk

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic   Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:02 pm

In Morrison's first story arc on JLA , Batman Surrounded by White Martians in the middle of a circle of gasoline holding a pack of matches and smiling. (http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2010/07/17/the-75-most-memorable-moments-in-dc-comics-history-day-3/#more-55069)
Back to top Go down
Mittens2317

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic   Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:12 am

Top five? Let's make it top TWENTY!

20) How To Use a Grappling Gun (Batman: Tenses #1)
It's happened plenty of times, but I've never seen Batman use his grappling gun as a weapon since Cully Hamner's art in the first of the two-part story 'Tenses'.

Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic - Page 2 20Tenses

19) How To Use a Taser (MK Vs DC Chapter 1: The Flash & Chapter 6: The Joker)
Batman is defeated in the DC storyline twice. In kombat, at least. After all, even in defeat, Batman knows how to pwn the fudge outta his opponent.

(Skip to 6:15)

(Skip to 6:20)

18) How To Deal With a Rebelious Sidekick (Batman & Robin)
Dick Grayson can whine. A LOT. So how should Batman punish him? Send him to the naughty corner? Open a can of whupass on the kid? Hell no, you make him ride home on his motorbike covered in green goo! That'll show the little snot...

(Skip to 3:30)

17) How To Take a Bullet (The Dark Knight Returns #1)
After years of putting up with the ugly yellow oval, we finally get an explanation thanks to the genius of Frank Miller. The manner in which he takes the bullet is just beautiful too.

Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic - Page 2 17TheDarkKnightReturns

16) How To Lay Down The Law (Matt Wagner's Trinity #2)
Batman's interrogating a henchman in a way that Wonder Woman doesn't seem to approve of, so she lends him her Lasso of Truth so that no harm comes to the poor guy. Batman doesn't like being told what to do. So, after getting all the information he needs out of the criminal, ol' Bats breaks the guy's jaw. Cue a hilarious argument between The Dark Knight and the.. whatever you call her, with Supes in the middle

Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic - Page 2 15Trinity

15) How To Make a Comeback (Face The Face #1 - Detective Comics #817)
Batman isn't the most sentimental guy out there. Sure, he'll have a few words with Gordon, but don't expect any response to the words 'welcome back'.

Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic - Page 2 14FacetheFace

14) How To Deal With Today's Youth (Nightwing Year One #3 - Nightwing #103)
Young Jason Todd lives on the streets, and needs money. So he steals the tires off the Batmobile. Big mistake. Batman doesn't like criminals you see, and he hates it when he himself is the victim of a crime. And when he's the victim of a crime, he doesn't take em to Gordon to deal with, he kidnaps them and takes them to the Batcave for.. a little talk.

Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic - Page 2 08NightwingYearOne

13) How To Keep Calm in Certain Death Situations (Dark Heart - Justice League Unlimited S3 E10)
See, that's the thing about Batman. People think that Superman's cooler than him just because he can't fly. However, this video proves that Batman's cooler than Superman because he can't fly.

12) How To Scare the Crap Out of a Cop (Batman Begins)
The Dark Knight is supposed to strike fear into the hearts of criminals, but it's pretty damn handy when it works on the law too.

11) How To Kill a Guy (Batman Returns)
Okay, we all know he doesn't, but it seems that Tim Burton and Sam Hamm missed the memo. Still, it just goes to show that even if he did kill, he'd do it with style.

(Skip to 7:15)

10) How To Get Your Son To Listen (Batman: The Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul #7 - Detective Comics #839)
Scenario: Batman's recently found out that he has a son to the daughter of his most powerful foe. His most powerful foe is half-dead, and needs to inhabit the body of The Dark Knight's kid, so as you can imagine, you wind up with the Bat-Family in a huge battle with an army of ninjas. And what advice does our hero give his dear child for getting to safety? Take a look...

Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic - Page 2 09ResurrectionofRasalGhul

09) How To Give an Evil Look (DC Animated Universe)
Bruce Timm and Paul Dini created the definitive Batman of the 90s, and somehow birthed the most important part of the character's history... the Bat-Glare!

08) How To Fight Someone in Your Sleep (Batman: Last Rites #2 - Batman #683)
The Dark Knight has been captured by Darkseid's minions, who plan on making an ultimate army using the Batman's mind as a well of motivation and determination, whilst keeping him in a dream world using an immobile creature called 'the Lump'. What Darkseid's minions don't count on is Batman's ability to escape from any situation.

Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic - Page 2 07LastRites

07) How To Give a Guy Nightmares (All-Star Batman and Robin #1)
Catching the guy who killed Dick Grayson's parents isn't enough. And killing him won't solve anything. So what would The Dark Knight do? Hurl snake poison-dipped Batarangs at him of course!

Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic - Page 2 07All-StarBatmanandRobin

06) How To Make An Exit (Final Crisis #6)
Nobody could ever have gone out like Batman did. On the back of defeating the devil, he ends his career by shooting - and thus 'mortally wounding' - the reincarnation of Darkseid, simultaneously saving the planet, whilst sacrificing himself (although he only died on 'his' earth, as he's now residing in a post-caveman era of another dimension)

Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic - Page 2 05FinalCrisis

05) How To Catch a Criminal... in Hong Kong (The Dark Knight)
IMAX kicks the Bad Word Here! out of HD like Batman kicks the Bad Word Here! out of dudes with guns in a dark room, and this scene proves both! Every single second in this scene is just superb. But which is the best bit? It isn't Batman flying through the air. It isn't blowing out the windows, or getting away with the greatest escape route planned. No, it's dragging Lau across the floor in one hand, and knocking out one of his henchmen with the other. Pure win.

04) How To Combat a Rapist (All-Star Batman and Robin #5)
Give one of the guys an injury he'll never heal from, and just unload on the other guy's face. Simple and highly effective.

Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic - Page 2 04All-StarBatmanandRobin

03) How To Fake Your Own Death (The Dark Knight Returns #4)
When you think of someone faking their death, it usually involves an explosion, a decoy, and the whole 'can only be identified by dental records thing'. Especially back in the 80s. Batman, on the other hand goes for the more elaborate plan - kicking ten tonnes of $hit out of the Man of Steel, only to have a heart attack before he can deliver the final blow. He even allows himself to buried. Madness.

Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic - Page 2 03TheDarkKnightReturns

02) How To Get Out of a Coffin (Batman R.I.P. #6 - Batman #681)
Okay, so now he's in the coffin. Imagine he didn't have little Carrie Kelly to dig him out though. Now, Batman's got out of some really tight spots in the past, but this one? It's one of the most legendary. You gotta love Morrison's mastermind of a man dressed as a bat.

Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic - Page 2 02BatmanRIP

01) How To Interrogate a Psychopathic Clown (The Dark Knight)
This has got to be the greatest moment in Batman's 70 year long history. Granted, a lot of it has to do with the Joker, but could Batman's greatest foe be absent for his greatest moment? Me don't think so.

Bonus Vids

Back to top Go down
Jon Q. Citizen
Gotham Knight Initiated
Jon Q. Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic   Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:06 pm

Well, I'll give "mittens" credit for going all out, that is probably the most complete post I've seen on the forum for quite a while.
Back to top Go down
http://jonqcitizen.blogspot.com/
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic   Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 6:47 pm

Hi Mittens,

Thanks for the videos and strips. Smile

Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic   Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:31 pm

I wish this was a DC hero forum and not just a Batman one...watching those clips and seeing all the comic moments is making me think of a ton of Superman ones lol.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
joezilla87

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic   Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:49 pm

Dark Knight, Dark City - After stopping the Riddler from killing him to control Barbatos, Batman hears a voice and is surprised to see that it is coming from what looks like a large skeleton of a bat which is calling itself Gotham.

Titans of Tomorrow... Today - The future self of Tim Drake telling his past self that him becoming Batman is inevitable.

Infinite Crisis- Batman tells Superman that the last time he inspired anyone was when he had died.

Final Crisis - Batman breaks his rule of never using a gun.

A Death in the Family - Batman holding the lifeless body of Jason Todd.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JoeZilla87
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic   Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:10 am

I agree with most of those (particularly the Titans of Tomorrow one, I loved that!). As much as I disagree with his statement, I've got to admit the Infinite Crisis one was ba too - I also love when he argues with the Green Lanterns.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic   Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Moments from any Batman comic
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2