Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

Batman: Year One animated movie by Lauren Montgomery and Sam Liu

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
scarygarrey
Gotham Knight Initiated
scarygarrey

Batman: Year One animated movie by Lauren Montgomery and Sam Liu Empty
PostSubject: Batman: Year One animated movie by Lauren Montgomery and Sam Liu   Batman: Year One animated movie by Lauren Montgomery and Sam Liu I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 4:55 am

Batman: Year One Directors Set
June 14, 2010
by Cindy White

Following a story from Comics Continuum that IGN picked up last week, the site is now reporting that Lauren Montgomery will be co-directing the still-unannounced Batman: Year One animated movie from DC Universe, along with Sam Liu. The two previously worked together as co-directors on Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths.

Warner Home Video is still remaining silent on the project, as well as reports – based on recently released box art for Batman: Under the Red Hood – that the next movie due will be Superman/Batman: Apocalypse.

As mentioned previously, Year One, originally published in 1987, tells the story of Bruce Wayne's early days as Batman after he returns to Gotham City from his years of travelling and studying abroad. This story runs parallel to that of the young Jim Gordon, as the future police commissioner joins the Gotham P.D. and becomes engulfed in the corruption of the city.

The book served in part as the inspiration of Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins.

http://bluray.ign.com/articles/109/1097077p1.html
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/garreyadams
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Year One animated movie by Lauren Montgomery and Sam Liu   Batman: Year One animated movie by Lauren Montgomery and Sam Liu I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 7:17 pm

Wow, I hope that's true - it's an awesome story!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
badsoul
Gotham Knight Regular
badsoul

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Year One animated movie by Lauren Montgomery and Sam Liu   Batman: Year One animated movie by Lauren Montgomery and Sam Liu I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 1:33 am

That would be great! Can't wait to see Gordon kick some butt.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Year One animated movie by Lauren Montgomery and Sam Liu   Batman: Year One animated movie by Lauren Montgomery and Sam Liu I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 9:57 pm

Anyone hear anything else about this yet?

-Gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Year One animated movie by Lauren Montgomery and Sam Liu   Batman: Year One animated movie by Lauren Montgomery and Sam Liu I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:32 am

If I have to pick just one Batman story as my all-time favourite, Batman: Year One would be it!

Can't wait for this to come out! Story-wise, I'm not worried as both Lauren and Sam will most likely stick to the source material. I'm just curious to see the animation style. Will they tweak it to look like David Mazzucchelli's art in the comics or give us something totally new?

I'm really excited to find out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Year One animated movie by Lauren Montgomery and Sam Liu   Batman: Year One animated movie by Lauren Montgomery and Sam Liu I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Batman: Year One animated movie by Lauren Montgomery and Sam Liu
Page 1 of 1