Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

Are they going to make another batman movie?

Go down 
+4
AndrewT
AlexfromLubbock
scarygarrey
mrthought
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mrthought

Are they going to make another batman movie? Empty
PostSubject: Are they going to make another batman movie?   Are they going to make another batman movie? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:54 am

I've heard rumors that the next batman movie will star Jonny Depp as the riddler and Megan Fox as Catwoman but there is no way to be sure unless you ask Christopher Nolan.
Back to top Go down
scarygarrey
Gotham Knight Initiated
scarygarrey

PostSubject: Re: Are they going to make another batman movie?   Are they going to make another batman movie? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 7:53 am

I doubt it with Johnny Depp and Meagan Fox. I just don't see Nolan having those actors being cast for his film. They're too... show biz right now if that makes sense. I just don't think he'd let someone who REALLY is in the spotlight play a major Villain in his next film. Would take away from the character too much I think. I dunno. That's just me. But the next film is pretty much in the process already.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/garreyadams
AlexfromLubbock
Gotham Knight Reader
AlexfromLubbock

PostSubject: Re: Are they going to make another batman movie?   Are they going to make another batman movie? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 12:14 pm

mrthought wrote:
I've heard rumors that the next batman movie will star Jonny Depp as the riddler and Megan Fox as Catwoman but there is no way to be sure unless you ask Christopher Nolan.

Free Arcade Games
software testing service

The film is still in the scripting stage unless it comes from Warners, a press release or Nolon or a filmmakers mouth it is a rumor.
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: Are they going to make another batman movie?   Are they going to make another batman movie? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 2:13 am

According to latest updates, the script is completed. However, Chris Nolan remains tight-lipped on who the next Batman villain is and which actor he has in mind for the role.

I guess we will just have to wait and see! I'm just happy that Chris Nolan will be directing this last Batman film. Once this is over, I'm also eager to find out what Warner Bros and DC Comics plan to do to continue the Batman film franchise.

Last edited by AndrewT on Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Are they going to make another batman movie?   Are they going to make another batman movie? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:57 am

AndrewT wrote:
Once this is over, I'm also eager to find out what Warner Bros and DC Comics plan to do to continue to Batman film franchise.

To be honest, that's what I'm more interested in now. We all knew a 3rd Nolan film would happen, that was pretty much a guarantee when a comic-book film made over a billion dollars in the box office. But what I'm wondering is more what Warner/DC plans to do when Nolan completes his trilogy. Are they going to wave as much money and opportunity in Nolan's face that he continues? Will Nolan appoint a "Successor" worthy to take over the continuation of his character/universe? Will the WB and DC take the opportunity to tweak Nolan's Batman enough so that it is still recognizable as Nolan's creation but can allow for an expanded DCU on the silver screen ala Marvel? And there are plenty of other ways it can go as well...at this point, who's to say...but I'm very intrigued!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
AlexfromLubbock
Gotham Knight Reader
AlexfromLubbock

PostSubject: Re: Are they going to make another batman movie?   Are they going to make another batman movie? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:06 am

gallegra wrote:
AndrewT wrote:
Once this is over, I'm also eager to find out what Warner Bros and DC Comics plan to do to continue to Batman film franchise.

To be honest, that's what I'm more interested in now. We all knew a 3rd Nolan film would happen, that was pretty much a guarantee when a comic-book film made over a billion dollars in the box office. But what I'm wondering is more what Warner/DC plans to do when Nolan completes his trilogy. Are they going to wave as much money and opportunity in Nolan's face that he continues? Will Nolan appoint a "Successor" worthy to take over the continuation of his character/universe? Will the WB and DC take the opportunity to tweak Nolan's Batman enough so that it is still recognizable as Nolan's creation but can allow for an expanded DCU on the silver screen ala Marvel? And there are plenty of other ways it can go as well...at this point, who's to say...but I'm very intrigued!

-Gary

I get the feeling that whether or not Green Lantern is successful will decide in what DC does next I also don't think DC will go the unified film universe way either and I think that after Batman 3 the franchise will sit for a while before the next move is decided.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Are they going to make another batman movie?   Are they going to make another batman movie? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:33 am

That's probably true, Alex. I hope that Green Lantern is awesome, and then the Superman Reboot does well, so that a good Justice League and more character films can follow!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
AlexfromLubbock
Gotham Knight Reader
AlexfromLubbock

PostSubject: Re: Are they going to make another batman movie?   Are they going to make another batman movie? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:48 am

gallegra wrote:
That's probably true, Alex. I hope that Green Lantern is awesome, and then the Superman Reboot does well, so that a good Justice League and more character films can follow!

-Gary

I know allot of people complained about how at comic con DC did not announce anything about movies I made a post on these boards and my thought was that they don't have any film plans other then Green Lantern, Batman 3 (it should be Batman 7) and the Superman reboot maybe it's that they don't have any film plans at the moment unless Green Lantern does well if not then I don't see other DC characters getting movies I am always skeptical anytime someone makes a JLA film rumor.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Are they going to make another batman movie?   Are they going to make another batman movie? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:36 pm

They actually have a lot in development right now, but I assume that like you're saying they're kinda waiting on Green Lantern next year and the Batman and Superman flicks in 2012. Here's the list of stuff they're working on from imdb Pro

Projects In Development (25 titles) Year MOVIE Meter Status

Adam Strange - Production Company 2013 138,735 Pitch
Aquaman - Production Company 2013 6,277 Unknown
Green Lantern 2 - Production Company 2013 32,926 Optioned property
Justice League: Mortal - Production Company 2013 6,507 Unknown
Metal Men - Production Company 2013 114,075 Unknown
Teen Titans - Production Company 2013 35,419 Script
The Flash - Production Company 2013 7,569 Script
Wonder Woman - Production Company 2013 5,138 Unknown
Superman: Man of Steel - Production Company 2012 1,225 Treatment/outline
Untitled Batman Project - Production Company 2012 89 Treatment/outline
Constantine 2 - Production Company 2012 7,325 Optioned property
Doc Savage - Production Company 2012 51,008 Script
Sgt. Rock - Production Company 2012 77,854 Script
Shazam - Production Company 2012 19,133 Script
Suicide Squad - Production Company 2012 183,011 Treatment/outline
Super Max - Production Company 2012 41,929 Script
Green Lantern: Emerald Knights (video) 2011 23,109 Unknown
Fables (TV series) - Production Company 2011 43,855 Unknown
Lobo - Production Company 2011 72,227 Optioned property
Preacher - Production Company 2011 31,667 Script
Sleeper - Production Company 2011 109,973 Script
The Doom Patrol - Production Company 2011 150,282 Unknown
Y: The Last Man - Production Company 2011 24,002 Unknown
Mad (TV series) - Production Company 2010 136,182 Unknown
Young Justice (TV series) - Production Company 2010 7,340 Unknown

Films In Production (6 titles) Year MOVIE Meter Status Budget
Green Lantern - Production Company 2011 395 Post-production $150M
All-Star Superman (video) - Production Company 2011 40,999 Pre-production $3.5M
DC Showcase: Superman/Shazam! - The Return of Black Adam (video short) - Production Company 2010 13,004 Filming
Secret Origin: The Story of DC Comics (video documentary) - Production Company 2010 54,582 Post-production
Red - Production Company 2010 989 Completed
DC Showcase: Green Arrow (video short) - Production Company 2010 29,522

Exciting stuff!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
AlexfromLubbock
Gotham Knight Reader
AlexfromLubbock

PostSubject: Re: Are they going to make another batman movie?   Are they going to make another batman movie? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:33 pm

gallegra wrote:
They actually have a lot in development right now, but I assume that like you're saying they're kinda waiting on Green Lantern next year and the Batman and Superman flicks in 2012. Here's the list of stuff they're working on from imdb Pro

Projects In Development (25 titles) Year MOVIE Meter Status

Adam Strange - Production Company 2013 138,735 Pitch
Aquaman - Production Company 2013 6,277 Unknown
Green Lantern 2 - Production Company 2013 32,926 Optioned property
Justice League: Mortal - Production Company 2013 6,507 Unknown
Metal Men - Production Company 2013 114,075 Unknown
Teen Titans - Production Company 2013 35,419 Script
The Flash - Production Company 2013 7,569 Script
Wonder Woman - Production Company 2013 5,138 Unknown
Superman: Man of Steel - Production Company 2012 1,225 Treatment/outline
Untitled Batman Project - Production Company 2012 89 Treatment/outline
Constantine 2 - Production Company 2012 7,325 Optioned property
Doc Savage - Production Company 2012 51,008 Script
Sgt. Rock - Production Company 2012 77,854 Script
Shazam - Production Company 2012 19,133 Script
Suicide Squad - Production Company 2012 183,011 Treatment/outline
Super Max - Production Company 2012 41,929 Script
Green Lantern: Emerald Knights (video) 2011 23,109 Unknown
Fables (TV series) - Production Company 2011 43,855 Unknown
Lobo - Production Company 2011 72,227 Optioned property
Preacher - Production Company 2011 31,667 Script
Sleeper - Production Company 2011 109,973 Script
The Doom Patrol - Production Company 2011 150,282 Unknown
Y: The Last Man - Production Company 2011 24,002 Unknown
Mad (TV series) - Production Company 2010 136,182 Unknown
Young Justice (TV series) - Production Company 2010 7,340 Unknown

Films In Production (6 titles) Year MOVIE Meter Status Budget
Green Lantern - Production Company 2011 395 Post-production $150M
All-Star Superman (video) - Production Company 2011 40,999 Pre-production $3.5M
DC Showcase: Superman/Shazam! - The Return of Black Adam (video short) - Production Company 2010 13,004 Filming
Secret Origin: The Story of DC Comics (video documentary) - Production Company 2010 54,582 Post-production
Red - Production Company 2010 989 Completed
DC Showcase: Green Arrow (video short) - Production Company 2010 29,522

Exciting stuff!

-Gary

Well part of me wonders how many of those productions were put on hold since the forming of DCE. They might have learned lessons from stuff like Jonah Hex and decided to take a closer look at them all to prevent the same thing from happening like Sgt. Rock who has always been a WW2 soldier the movie was going to be about them going in the future.

I am surprised that Justice League Mortal is still listed when it was abandoned. And years have gone by since Teen Titans, Constantine, SuperMax and Metal Men have had any news.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Are they going to make another batman movie?   Are they going to make another batman movie? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:48 pm

That is actually from the DC Entertainment page on imdb Pro. Granted, it does have projects (like Justice League Mortal) that are (as far as we know) totally dead, and other projects that are probably in development hell (Constantine 2, etc), but I think they're probably working on a lot of it. We know Superman and Batman are in the works, Green Lantern is next year, and Flash is in development. Metal Men was mentioned as being one they're working on earlier this year, Constantine 2 was said to be "not dead, just hitting some speed bumps along the way" this summer, and Shazam has been mentioned a bit this year. But the rest are just up in the air, really.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: Are they going to make another batman movie?   Are they going to make another batman movie? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 6:43 pm

I'm all out for a Batman TV Series if Warner Bros and DC decides to make that happen. Superman has Smallville. Perhaps Batman will have his own TV Series featuring a young Bruce Wayne???

Back to top Go down
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
joezilla87

PostSubject: Re: Are they going to make another batman movie?   Are they going to make another batman movie? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 5:39 pm

If they are gonna be doing a TV series it might be the Blue Beetle instead of Batman or the rumored Sandman TV series.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JoeZilla87
AlexfromLubbock
Gotham Knight Reader
AlexfromLubbock

PostSubject: Re: Are they going to make another batman movie?   Are they going to make another batman movie? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 9:25 am

This reads like they are going to make an announcement that they are going to make an announcement.

http://heatvision.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/09/dc-warner-bros.html
Back to top Go down
Jon Q. Citizen
Gotham Knight Initiated
Jon Q. Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Are they going to make another batman movie?   Are they going to make another batman movie? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 12:52 pm

Looking at the list that is up, I recently saw a trailer for Preacher on Comicnewsi.com......it looked pretty sweet.
Back to top Go down
http://jonqcitizen.blogspot.com/
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Are they going to make another batman movie?   Are they going to make another batman movie? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 11:53 pm

I heard about the announcement they're going to make of upcoming projects, and I'm really excited. I'm sure some of it we know of already, and others we have heard about but just haven't gotten a status update on in a while, but still, I'm excited.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
redrobin

redrobin

PostSubject: Re: Are they going to make another batman movie?   Are they going to make another batman movie? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:22 pm

AlexfromLubbock wrote:
gallegra wrote:

-Gary

I know allot of people complained about how at comic con DC did not announce anything about movies I made a post on these boards and my thought was that they don't have any film plans other then Green Lantern, Batman 3 (it should be Batman 7) and the Superman reboot maybe it's that they don't have any film plans at the moment unless Green Lantern does well if not then I don't see other DC characters getting movies I am always skeptical anytime someone makes a JLA film rumor.

I personally would love that but The Man of Steel is supposed to be a choppy script and people are saying that Zach Snyder was only hired as director because they knew he could get into production fast because otherwise they would be subject to lawsuit from Jerry Siegel's family per their agreement so that will probably be a mess. Batman 3 will most likely not have big named stars because it seems like Nolan feels like if you know the actor it takes away from the possible reality of the story. We know the reasons his movies are so dark are because he wants it to seem real which is why he will be staying away from those ridiculous characters he would rather stay with the more down to earth completely psychotic villains. Plus if anyone is going to play the Riddler in Batman 3 I say you make it Frank Gorshin's corpse. He's still the best Riddler in my mind forget Jim Carey. The Robin has left the nest.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Are they going to make another batman movie?   Are they going to make another batman movie? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 7:41 pm

I hope all those rumors about Superman are false, because if that movie turns out to be bad I'll be really ticked off!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
redrobin

redrobin

PostSubject: Re: Are they going to make another batman movie?   Are they going to make another batman movie? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:23 pm

Same. I have checked a number of sites and heard some things from my uncle who works in Hollywood and they all say similar things that this movie had been rushed to avoid a lawsuit. I mean how hard is it to mess up a cultural icon four times (Superman III, Superman IV, Superman Returns, and quite possibly the Man of Steel). On the upside though DC is branching out to their other heroes and allowing for some interesting new stories hopefully they can do them right or a possible Justice League project will be scrubbed for another five to ten years at the very least. These movies need to be spot on and so far Batman has been the only one. Hopefully Green Lantern will be a smash allowing for them to start branching out cause I always thought that Green Lantern "The Man Without Fear" and Batman "The Man Who Preys On The Fearful" was always an interesting combination and watch them bicker about the right way to go. Hopefully Geoff Johns can turn things around as CCO at DC.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Are they going to make another batman movie?   Are they going to make another batman movie? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 10:38 am

I had heard that too, that they need to have the movie out by 2013 or they lose the rights or whatever, so they're getting it out in the 2012 holiday season. At the same time though, Chris Nolan and Zack Snyder both have a track record of good genre films, so really unless the script sucks (which I don't think it will, with Geoff Johns being the creative director) or the actors are bad (let's hope not), we should be ok. Zack Snyder is known for cool effects and visuals, and with Chris/Jonah Nolan and Dave Goyer can definitely put a story together, so it all should fall in place if the acting and script itself is good (I hope). I also currently have high hopes for Green Lantern (and everything looks good so far), but that might just be me.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
redrobin

redrobin

PostSubject: Re: Are they going to make another batman movie?   Are they going to make another batman movie? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 2:17 pm

Well you wouldn't be alone you and I are in the same boat. I think a lot of things are going to turn around with Geoff Johns as CCO and I really hope that is the truth but all we can do is wait and see since DC doesn't like to release many things about their movies before they come out. From what I've heard about Superman: Earth One it seems like DC should adapt it or get JMS to write the next Superman.
Back to top Go down
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
joezilla87

PostSubject: Re: Are they going to make another batman movie?   Are they going to make another batman movie? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 6:58 pm

I read somewhere that the new Superman movie is going to be based off some elements of Birthright, mostly when Clark Kent is traveling Africa (?). I have the trade paperback but I haven't yet. Honestly, I don't know what to expect from Zack Synder other than seeing an action flick for the new Superman movie but I'm hoping he does something other than just action. I loved 300 but adding more story with the queen of Sparta was kind of boring and I thought Watchmen was too long that should've been split into a series of movies instead of one. I've never seen Dawn of the Dead but I've heard its good and I'm excited for Sucker Punch.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Are they going to make another batman movie?   Are they going to make another batman movie? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:59 pm

joezilla87 wrote:
I read somewhere that the new Superman movie is going to be based off some elements of Birthright, mostly when Clark Kent is traveling Africa (?). I have the trade paperback but I haven't yet. Honestly, I don't know what to expect from Zack Synder other than seeing an action flick for the new Superman movie but I'm hoping he does something other than just action. I loved 300 but adding more story with the queen of Sparta was kind of boring and I thought Watchmen was too long that should've been split into a series of movies instead of one. I've never seen Dawn of the Dead but I've heard its good and I'm excited for Sucker Punch.

I hadn't heard that, but I'm excited to see what they come up with. And I agree, I want more than just action from it.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
joezilla87

PostSubject: Re: Are they going to make another batman movie?   Are they going to make another batman movie? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 10:42 am

I've never seen a movie by Darren Aronoofsky but my sister thinks he's a really good director and should've been selected for the Superman movie. From what I've read about him, I kind of agree but I haven't seen a movie by him yet. He has a movie called Black Swan coming out in Christmas that looks good.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Are they going to make another batman movie?   Are they going to make another batman movie? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 11:19 pm

The only thing I've seen by Aronofsky is Requiem for a Dream, which while it's an awesome flick it is NOT AT ALL what I want for Superman. Granted, I've heard The Wrestler is awesome and has a lot of heart, which could be good for Superman. I don't know. For now, until I have reason to think otherwise, I'm happy with Zack Snyder. I liked Watchmen and 300, so I'm more than willing to give him a chance. Besides, Aronofsky is on Wolverine 2 now, and DC picked their guy already. So I'm good for now.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are they going to make another batman movie?   Are they going to make another batman movie? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are they going to make another batman movie?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next