Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?

Go down 
+5
Jon Q. Citizen
iod1974
Fawks
jondoe297
gallegra
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Which trailer seems like the better movie?
Green Lantern
Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap63%Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 63% [ 5 ]
Green Hornet
Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap37%Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 37% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
iod1974
Gotham Knight Reader
iod1974

Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 12:04 pm

I love the Bat voice, it reminded me of what Kevin Conroy did on Batman: The Animated Series.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 1:05 pm

iod1974 wrote:
I love the Bat voice, it reminded me of what Kevin Conroy did on Batman: The Animated Series.

His was much more nuance though, Bale's voice is almost childish growling.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:44 pm

I'm glad I wasn't the only one bothered. Everyone who watched the film, seemed to have disregarded it or something.
But I do remember the animated series, and he did talk like that, disguised way.. But he did a good job. It was awkward to listen to..

But in reality, Bruce is a celebrity.. he hosts parties, I guess people would catch on. Never thought of it as that way.

ballpointbanana wrote:
But as for Christian Bale, my girlfriend said that the only person she would leave me for was Christian Bale. I guess that's a compliment...?
I told mine it was Johnny Knoxville. Hah. It's definitely a compliment if a girl tells you that. Hee.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 11:03 am

gallegra wrote:
I don't think there's anything wrong with comedic actors playing some comic roles...they don't all have to be serious, dark, dramatic films. Plus, both of these movies seem to have a more serious, heartfelt side to them (Green Lantern especially) as well, rather than just jokes and action scenes. And Ryan Reynolds has the physique to play a superhero as well (not so much with Rogen, although he did lose a lot of weight for the role).

Kinda dissapointed nobody responded to this, I thought I had some good points.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
ballpointbanana

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 2:37 pm

gallegra wrote:
gallegra wrote:
I don't think there's anything wrong with comedic actors playing some comic roles...they don't all have to be serious, dark, dramatic films. Plus, both of these movies seem to have a more serious, heartfelt side to them (Green Lantern especially) as well, rather than just jokes and action scenes. And Ryan Reynolds has the physique to play a superhero as well (not so much with Rogen, although he did lose a lot of weight for the role).

Kinda dissapointed nobody responded to this, I thought I had some good points.

-Gary

I think with these two movies and these two lead actors I am putting a judgement on them without seeing them. Sure it is unfair but we all have the right to do such things. And actors known for their comedic Roles you expect them to be funny. If you look at GL and Green Hornet they are quite serious roles to fill. And naturally if we put two and two together things don't quite fit into place and I think this is the source of my uneasiness with the Green lantern trailer especially
Back to top Go down
iod1974
Gotham Knight Reader
iod1974

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 3:17 pm

gallegra wrote:

Most of you might be too young to remember this, but when it was announced that Michael Keaton was going to play Batman and Tim Burton was going to direct the 1989 movie, people were mad as hell. The fans were hoping (myself included- I was about 14- 15 years old at the time) for a Frank Miller Dark Knight Returns type movie. The only thing Michael Keaton had done was comedies like Mr Mom and Gung Ho, the only movie Tim Burton was really known for was Pee Wee's Big Adventure (Beetlejuice had not come out yet) People thought we were going to get an Adam West 1960's tv show type movie. People changed there tune when the first clips came out. The first thing I saw was about 30 seconds of Batman crashing into the art museum and his rescue of Vikki Vale from the Joker. They showed it on Good Morning America, I was at school so my mother taped it for me on the VCR. I watched those 30 seconds of film about a thousand times. Kevin Smith talked about this once on a smodcast but for him I think it was seeing the trailer.
So anyway, I don't think it matters the actors background( comedy or drama) as long as they take the role serious and use humor in a way that is logical with that character. There are some very dark and grim characters/actors who have some funny moments in these films- Christen Bale's Batman has some funny moments with Michael Cane and Morgan Freedman. Huge Jackman has some very funny moments in the X-Men films- especially when he is messing with Cyclops.

There are also examples of serious actors who took the role serious and the movie sucked- can anyone say Halle Berry Catwoman

Oh yeah you may or may not know this but before Michael Keaton, some people at Warner Brothers wanted Bill Muray to play Batman and Eddie Murphy to play Robin in an all out comedy.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:03 pm

ballpointbanana wrote:
If you look at GL and Green Hornet they are quite serious roles to fill. And naturally if we put two and two together things don't quite fit into place and I think this is the source of my uneasiness with the Green lantern trailer especially

See, I'm the opposite; I think Seth Rogen as the Green Hornet is a FAR worse choice than Ryan Reynolds for Green Lantern. The Green Hornet was a serious character, an old-fashioned hero. Hal Jordan, on the other hand, is a sarcastic, womanizing guy (much like Reynolds' comedy roles) with a serious and emotional side that he tries to hide under his tough-guy persona. And while I've never seen Rogen do a dramatic role, I've seen Reynolds do at least two - School of Life and Buried - which showed that he can actually act, rather than just do comedy. Plus, Rogen seems to be playing his role as more comedic, and Reynolds looks to me like he's actually toning it in and playing it as a more serious role where he wisecracks sometimes.

But then again, we're having a really long discussion about just trailers...when one of these movies doesn't come out for over a month, and the other doesn't come out for 7 months and only has one measly trailer out haha.

-Gary

P.S. Just to point out though, I'm being objective and critical while talking about it, but since I don't worry about canon and all that with films I'm totally planning to see them and enjoy them for what they are, even if the totally change the mythos of characters. Except for Superman...
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:05 pm

[quote="iod1974"]I don't think it matters the actors background( comedy or drama) as long as they take the role serious and use humor in a way that is logical with that character. There are some very dark and grim characters/actors who have some funny moments in these films- Christen Bale's Batman has some funny moments with Michael Cane and Morgan Freedman. Huge Jackman has some very funny moments in the X-Men films- especially when he is messing with Cyclops.

There are also examples of serious actors who took the role serious and the movie sucked- can anyone say Halle Berry Catwoman?[/quote

Good point, Iod1974! And totally true...it's more the material and direction than the acting most of the time, anyway.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
iod1974
Gotham Knight Reader
iod1974

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:36 pm

back to the Green Lantern/ Green Hornet actors
I think the difference is that Ryan Reynolds is playing Hal Jordan and Seth Rogen is playing Seth Rogen (he is the same guy in every movie)
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 1:15 pm

iod1974 wrote:
I think the difference is that Ryan Reynolds is playing Hal Jordan and Seth Rogen is playing Seth Rogen (he is the same guy in every movie)

Hahaha so true! Good point, Iod!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:46 pm

gallegra wrote:
iod1974 wrote:

Hahaha so true! Good point, Iod!

-Gary
Ugh.. you're so right. It's just like that Michael Ceirra kid..

But iod and Gary have some valid points.. I mean, I know Ryan Reynolds is having many fans jump on his back.
Don't even remind me of that "Catwoman" film.. good greif..

But people do deserve a chance, and you can't always judge a movie by it's trailer. I learned that a lot. But Seth Rogan, that guy is just disgusting...
Back to top Go down
Jon Q. Citizen
Gotham Knight Initiated
Jon Q. Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 10:26 pm

I actually kinda like Ryan Reyolds as Hal Jordan. I cannot really think of a qualified actor with that "all-American" boy look, who has that smart ass/Lady's man feel to him. I have faith in DC Comics (although I'm sure I'll regret that sometime in the future) to pick the right actor for the right part. Christian Bale is a perfect Batman, and even Brandon Routh was good as Superman.....it wasn't his fault the script and director were out to kill the Superman Mythos.

So I'll cut Reynolds some slack and give him the benefit of the doubt. The only other actors I could see playing the part of Hal Jordan (although he doesn't really look like Hal) is Keanu Reeves or Matt Damon.....neither of whom were probably interested.
Back to top Go down
http://jonqcitizen.blogspot.com/
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 12:14 am

Jon Q. Citizen wrote:
I actually kinda like Ryan Reyolds as Hal Jordan. I cannot really think of a qualified actor with that "all-American" boy look, who has that smart ass/Lady's man feel to him.

I think the problem is more that the trailer just didn't impress as much as we'd hope, so until a better trailer comes out a lot of people are feeling skeptical about Reynolds as Hal. But I'm still holding out hope.

And I'm glad to hear someone stick up for Routh...I thought he was a pretty good Superman. Like you said, it's not his fault DC and Singer wanted him to look/act like a Reeve clone.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
joezilla87

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 12:06 pm

I think Ryan Reynolds is a perfect choice for Hal Jordon other than Ben Affleck but I think Blake Lively was not a good choice as Ferris, she looks like his younger sister.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JoeZilla87
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 12:17 pm

joezilla87 wrote:
I think Ryan Reynolds is a perfect choice for Hal Jordon other than Ben Affleck...

Hm, that's a name I haven't seen thrown around at all, that would have been interesting to see.

joezilla87 wrote:
...but I think Blake Lively was not a good choice as Ferris, she looks like his younger sister.

Haha, it's funny I said the same exact thing earlier in the thread. It's totally true, she's smaller and like 10 years younger than him, it just doesn't work. I mean, she's attractive enough, but not at all what I pictured for Carol Ferris.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
ballpointbanana

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 9:48 pm

gallegra wrote:
joezilla87 wrote:
I think Ryan Reynolds is a perfect choice for Hal Jordon other than Ben Affleck...

Hm, that's a name I haven't seen thrown around at all, that would have been interesting to see.

joezilla87 wrote:
...but I think Blake Lively was not a good choice as Ferris, she looks like his younger sister.

Haha, it's funny I said the same exact thing earlier in the thread. It's totally true, she's smaller and like 10 years younger than him, it just doesn't work. I mean, she's attractive enough, but not at all what I pictured for Carol Ferris.

-Gary

Hmmm...you bring up a good question, who else could play Carol?
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 11:27 pm

The closest I can picture right now is either Erica Durance (Lois from Smallville) or Rachel Weisz maybe...I dunno, I don't think that's really who I was thinking. I feel like there are better actresses I have on the tip of my tongue but just can't picture/name them.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
joezilla87

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:21 pm

That's a hard choice... maybe Keira Knightly? Maybe even Natalie Portman. I just think that Lively is too young for the character.
Back to top Go down
iod1974
Gotham Knight Reader
iod1974

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 7:42 pm

Wow this is a hard one. I had no idea who Blake Lively was before she got the role in Green Lantern. I liked her when I saw the stuff from San Diego Comic Con, and she was talking about how she couldn't wait to play Carol as a bad guy later. She did look too young in the trailer, but they only show her for a few seconds, so I will hold judgment until I see more. The first person who I thought might have been a better actress was Erica Durance (Lois from Smallville) but I hate how they are using the same people over and over for comic book movies. I mean this is Ryan Reyonalds third comic book role, the human torch is Captain America and is in the Losers.
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:05 pm

That Captain America flick totally escaped my mind. Does anyone know what it is about? All I know of Captain is he got headshot'd and that was it. But that was years ago.
Back to top Go down
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
joezilla87

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:18 pm

I think Captain America is going take place in World War II. I'm just excited for it because of Hugo Weaving. I cannot wait to see how his Red Skull is going to be. The director of the film did Wolfman and I thought it was a boring movie.
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:39 pm

joezilla87 wrote:
I think Captain America is going take place in World War II. I'm just excited for it because of Hugo Weaving. I cannot wait to see how his Red Skull is going to be. The director of the film did Wolfman and I thought it was a boring movie.
Wasn't Hugo in "Wolfman" too? He must really like him to have be in this film too. Like Burton and Depp. Ha.
I'm not a fan, but I was pretty amped to hear about this movie. I watched the really bad one.. 90's, I believe is when the Captain America movie came out. Pretty .. weird.
I'm sure Red Skull is going to look great, but he's a good actor, I'm sure we'll receive a well done performance.
Back to top Go down
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
joezilla87

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:49 pm

Yeah Weaving was in the Wolfman but the movie overall wasn't good. I was hoping that Matt Damon was chosen as Captain America after watching the Bourne Trilogy and that Iraq movie that came out last year I think. I think Matt Damon is Captain America, so I was disappointed when it was announced that Chris Evans got the role.
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:50 pm

joezilla87 wrote:
Yeah Weaving was in the Wolfman but the movie overall wasn't good. I was hoping that Matt Damon was chosen as Captain America after watching the Bourne Trilogy and that Iraq movie that came out last year I think. I think Matt Damon is Captain America, so I was disappointed when it was announced that Chris Evans got the role.
What is up with giving odd actors serious hero roles? He was the Human Torch. . . . seriously.
Back to top Go down
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
joezilla87

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:59 pm

There were some people saying he's a pretty good actor but I've only seen him in comedies and the Fantastic Four movies. I read that he was pretty good in the Danny Boyle movie he was in but I still think Matt Damon should've gotten the role.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next