Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?

Go down 
+5
Jon Q. Citizen
iod1974
Fawks
jondoe297
gallegra
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Which trailer seems like the better movie?
Green Lantern
Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap63%Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 63% [ 5 ]
Green Hornet
Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap37%Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 37% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 9:00 pm

joezilla87 wrote:
There were some people saying he's a pretty good actor but I've only seen him in comedies and the Fantastic Four movies. I read that he was pretty good in the Danny Boyle movie he was in but I still think Matt Damon should've gotten the role.
I agree. Damon is that type of person in films. But he sometimes comes off as anti-hero sometimes.
Or maybe they wanted someone with experience in a superhero role?
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
joezilla87

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 9:15 pm

I don't know but I'll wait and see how it turns out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JoeZilla87
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 11:14 pm

I've got to admit, I'm not too excited for Captain America. Nothing against Chris Evans, I like him, but I'm just not excited about it. I really like the Thor trailer they released at I think Comic-Con though...good stuff.

And you bring up a good point, joezilla - they really shouldn't use comic characters in different comic roles. Especially with Chris Evans, he did Human Torch and he's now doing Cap? TWO DIFFERENT characters in the SAME universe? I mean, at least Reynolds is going to play 2 characters in different universes...

-Gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
iod1974
Gotham Knight Reader
iod1974

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 3:41 am

No I meant the new one coming out in the summer of 2011. There was a really bad one in the 1990's that I never saw. It was so bad that it went staight to video.
Back to top Go down
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
joezilla87

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:06 am

That's right, I remember watching that movie as kid on t.v. and I remember loving it but yeah I don't know if I'd like it now. I've read that a lot of people didn't like it at all.
Back to top Go down
iod1974
Gotham Knight Reader
iod1974

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 11:21 am

Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 1:39 pm

I...actually want to see that.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
iod1974
Gotham Knight Reader
iod1974

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 4:26 pm

It looks like the type of movie that you get all your comic book friends together, a case of beer and a pizza and just enjoy it for all it is worth and laugh at how bad some parts of it are.
Back to top Go down
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
joezilla87

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 6:15 pm

I laughed a little watching that trailer, it reminded me a little when I watched it.
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 8:35 pm

iod1974 wrote:
It looks like the type of movie that you get all your comic book friends together, a case of beer and a pizza and just enjoy it for all it is worth and laugh at how bad some parts of it are.
Hah. Aren't those the best memorable movies then?

gallegra wrote:
And you bring up a good point, joezilla - they really shouldn't use comic characters in different comic roles. Especially with Chris Evans, he did Human Torch and he's now doing Cap? TWO DIFFERENT characters in the SAME universe? I mean, at least Reynolds is going to play 2 characters in different universes...

-Gary
Mm... yeah. That's weird. I still think there was a better choice of actor than Evans. Honestly. He does not scream "Captain America".
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:37 pm

Fawks wrote:
iod1974 wrote:

Hah. Aren't those the best memorable movies then?

Agreed, I think I might do just that over the Christmas break! haha

Fawks wrote:
Mm... yeah. That's weird. I still think there was a better choice of actor than Evans. Honestly. He does not scream "Captain America".

I've thought the same thing since they announced it. The pictures make me feel a bit better about it, but I'm still not 100% sold.

Sweet new Avy by the way, Virginia!

-Gary

Back to top Go down
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
ballpointbanana

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 6:10 pm

it kinda sucks when your not 100% sold on a certain movie because you have to spend the cash to see it and if it's worth it you just wasted money. But as for movies like the Green Hornet/Lantern movie or the Capt. America movie because I'm not a fan of either of those characters I think I just have to convince myself to just go into the theatre and try to find the fun in the movie no matter what it is and not look for the things I would if it were a Batman Movie.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 6:19 pm

I feel the same way about Green Hornet, Captain America and Thor...I'm just really never got into the material so I have to see them and hope for the best.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
redrobin

redrobin

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 5:19 am

Green Lantern by far. I've been a die hard fan of Green Lantern since the get go. The first thing i got for Christmas when I was 10 was Green Lantern: Emerald Dawn and I loved it. I've been waiting for this forever. I did like the Green Hornet but I think that the hype of Green Lantern for me just put it over the top. However the problem I have with Green Hornet is that they make Kato seem like the main guy and Seth Rogen just has the right intentions but doesn't fit the bill. I've listened to the radio shows watched the television show and they were a true team not Kato being the brain and the brawn and Britt Reid standing in the background cause it was his idea. However I will see it, I will most likely buy it unless it completely bombs which i doubt will happen but I like that companies are breaking out to the C lists.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 1:36 pm

I think that they're making it seem that way because, let's be honest, Seth Rogen's talent is being funny and Jay Chou's talent is martial arts, so they want to highlight the best of both in the trailer. But I'll be interested to see how it is in the end.

And I agree, Green Lantern does look epic. I'm truly hoping the next trailer really gets me where this one didn't.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 9:12 pm

gallegra wrote:
I think that they're making it seem that way because, let's be honest, Seth Rogen's talent is being funny and Jay Chou's talent is martial arts, so they want to highlight the best of both in the trailer. But I'll be interested to see how it is in the end.

-Gary
My dad said he remember the original Green Hornet, and said it was a corny, cheesy show. Maybe they were trying to modernize that corny-ness with Rogan? But wanted some serious elements, so they contrasted his demeanor with Chou's?
Back to top Go down
iod1974
Gotham Knight Reader
iod1974

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 9:49 am

It looks like those buddy cop movies from the 80's with the comic book element just thrown in. I do think it will be a good popcorn movie and a fun 2 hours.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 2:06 pm

iod1974 wrote:
It looks like those buddy cop movies from the 80's with the comic book element just thrown in. I do think it will be a good popcorn movie and a fun 2 hours.

Agreed. I'd go to see it even if it was a new concept, but now it's just a cool movie based on an old hero I used to watch when I was a kid. Sounds fun!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Jay Kay
Gotham Knight Reader
Jay Kay

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 9:12 pm

I dunno, man--between there being a lot more footage for Hornet to judge, and the fact that they seem to both be going for different tones and are ultimately different genres, I can't really compare the two right now. They both look pretty good so far, though--even if the romantic leads for both just look SO damn terrible in their roles.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jaredk1
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 8:34 am

Yeah, I've mentioned a few times that I think a big part of the problem right now is that I only have the first GL trailer to judge, which just didn't "wow" me like I expected. So I'm really holding out hope for the upcoming trailers/footage to be more awesome.

Jay Kay wrote:
...even if the romantic leads for both just look SO damn terrible in their roles.

TOTALLY agreed.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
ballpointbanana

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 2:06 am

I guess I wish that they handled the first trailer better I mean remember the first teaser trailer for The Dark Knight with the voice over and the Batman symbol that was the perfect teaser, but understandably so they had to make it a certain way because it is the first live action GL film
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 7:57 pm

ballpointbanana wrote:
I guess I wish that they handled the first trailer better I mean remember the first teaser trailer for The Dark Knight with the voice over and the Batman symbol that was the perfect teaser...

I'm sorry man, but I have to totally disagree. I HATED that teaser...no footage, only a few short lines of audio...I mean, I guess you can say it did it's job, it teased the f**k out of me. I got so mad after that teaser...

ballpointbanana wrote:
but understandably so they had to make it a certain way because it is the first live action GL film

That's what I'm thinking it is, why I don't like this trailer, because they wanted to try to get everyone excited by showing all the CG and aliens and stuff with a little bit of drama, romance and comedy thrown rather than making it an exciting, cohesive trailer. But I still hold out hope.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?   Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trailer Wars; Green Lantern vs Green Hornet?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3