Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

Batwoman's Return

Go down 
+3
joezilla87
jondoe297
Fawks
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

Batwoman's Return - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwoman's Return   Batwoman's Return - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 8:28 pm

I'm not going to lie, I really hope the Religion of Crime stuff is over for a while. I really didn't like any of that stuff, until we found out Alice was Batwoman's sister, and even then I hated most of it. And I don't like Williams' art as much when it's doing that weird type of stuff, kinda like the cover to Batwoman #1...it's a little too weird for my taste.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
joezilla87

PostSubject: Re: Batwoman's Return   Batwoman's Return - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 8:38 pm

I think the Religion of Crime is interesting but I think Williams should expand Batwoman's Rouge Gallery.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JoeZilla87
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
ballpointbanana

PostSubject: Re: Batwoman's Return   Batwoman's Return - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:14 pm

Fawks wrote:
Good news guys.
I just gave my boyfriend all of the comics Batwoman was featured in Detective Comics and issue #0 of Batwoman (also including 52: Week Eleven, which he disliked. . . ), so we got a new admirer! But that's awful on my end because he wants to buy issue #1 on the 23rd of November, and I see me a small fight enrolling over who gets the only issue my store will probably have! Hahee!

Oh well. Anywho, he even agrees that he enjoys Williams's style over Reeder's. And you can agree, I mean, you really get wrapped up in Williams's style and since he was doing all the art of her's in the beginning. It's hard to transition..

He did bring up a good question, one that I probably thought of but disregarded quickly or just merely forgotten, do you think we will see more of Alice? I mean, that was her sister, her first major enemy, and a huge important piece of her life walking on two legs. And it seems as if the Religion of Crime is Batwoman's main adversary.

At least not for the first couple of issues I think. Maybe little hints here and there but not a full out rush. I think it's too hot right now but once we're re-acclimated with the story and feel comfortable Williams will whip her out.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Batwoman's Return   Batwoman's Return - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 11:44 pm

ballpointbanana wrote:
At least not for the first couple of issues I think. Maybe little hints here and there but not a full out rush. I think it's too hot right now but once we're re-acclimated with the story and feel comfortable Williams will whip her out.

I forgot to discuss that point, but I agree with Dane. I feel like that's something they'll want to let sit for a while while they reintroduce Batwoman in her new book, and then bring out later. They just let that out fairly recently, so they'll let it sit for a while and build up the suspense and bring her back later, to make a bigger bang. Why would they re-use her right away, when they can get you to pick up her solo book and keep coming back to find out the rest of the story...it's all about money in the end.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
ballpointbanana

PostSubject: Re: Batwoman's Return   Batwoman's Return - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:01 am

gallegra wrote:
ballpointbanana wrote:

I forgot to discuss that point, but I agree with Dane. I feel like that's something they'll want to let sit for a while while they reintroduce Batwoman in her new book, and then bring out later. They just let that out fairly recently, so they'll let it sit for a while and build up the suspense and bring her back later, to make a bigger bang. Why would they re-use her right away, when they can get you to pick up her solo book and keep coming back to find out the rest of the story...it's all about money in the end.

-Gary

I hate that. Especially with what their doing to the Batman proper rogue's gallery. Frustrating as hell.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Batwoman's Return   Batwoman's Return - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:24 am

Yeah, I know...it's really annoying.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: Batwoman's Return   Batwoman's Return - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 9:15 pm

gallegra wrote:
I'm not going to lie, I really hope the Religion of Crime stuff is over for a while. I really didn't like any of that stuff, until we found out Alice was Batwoman's sister, and even then I hated most of it. And I don't like Williams' art as much when it's doing that weird type of stuff, kinda like the cover to Batwoman #1...it's a little too weird for my taste.

-Gary
Really? You don't like how he uses those red lines? It reminds me of a blueprint, but it is different from your usual comic book cover. And it definitely catches your eye with all that white space.

But I'm also getting a bit sick of the Religion of Crime organization. I've had my fill in Detective Comics, but I guess they really meant they were going to start off right where they ended Batwoman in Detective, right? But it was probably just a little reminder to us, and keep new readers informed who Batwoman's main adversaries are. I'm sure in issue #1 things will start rolling smoothly.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
ballpointbanana

PostSubject: Re: Batwoman's Return   Batwoman's Return - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 11:58 pm

I think the Religion of Crime was Batwoman's first hurdle that she isn't quite over yet. Sure it is annoying and stuff but it's her first great nemesis with the new Batwoman. I think the story could go further with the Religion of Crime and it's better than seeing them used for awhile then have them completely shoved under the carpet and forgotten.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Batwoman's Return   Batwoman's Return - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 12:20 am

Fawks wrote:
Really? You don't like how he uses those red lines? It reminds me of a blueprint, but it is different from your usual comic book cover. And it definitely catches your eye with all that white space.

Batwoman's Return - Page 2 Batwom10

What I think annoys me about it is the eyes in the middle...it does catch your eyes, but in a kinda strange way that I guess weirds me out a bit. I know that's probably what they're trying to do...but I guess it's just not my style. It actually reminds me of what I hated about the Batman Beyond miniseries #1 cover...

Batwoman's Return - Page 2 Batman10

Those eyes up in the top. Again, I get what they're trying to do, even moreso after I read the issue, but it just creeps me out. And it's not like I'm easily scared or whatever, I just think it's really strange.

ballpointbanana wrote:
I think the Religion of Crime was Batwoman's first hurdle that she isn't quite over yet. Sure it is annoying and stuff but it's her first great nemesis with the new Batwoman. I think the story could go further with the Religion of Crime and it's better than seeing them used for awhile then have them completely shoved under the carpet and forgotten.

I'm sure she's not done with them yet, and I'm going to just have to live with that, but I totally disagree - I'd rather have them totally shoved under the carpet and be forgotten. I'd be absolutely fine with it if she defeated them, got rid of all the members, and they were gone forever.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: Batwoman's Return   Batwoman's Return - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 9:09 pm

gallegra wrote:
Those eyes up in the top. Again, I get what they're trying to do, even moreso after I read the issue, but it just creeps me out. And it's not like I'm easily scared or whatever, I just think it's really strange.

-Gary
Really? The BB one gets to me, but Batwoman's is a bit interesting. It's not your typical comic book cover. It's mysterious, and adds to what Batwoman is. A very different kind of woman and hero. I think Batwoman's enemies are going to be of strange heir.
Religion of Crime is very different. They aren't peculiar in ways, only a cult. They have no special abilities, if you want to count the ones who can shape-shift into animals, but other than that, they're pretty normal.
I think this enemy is going to have some ties with the RoC. In issue #0 it looked really bizarre. I wasn't really pleased with the #1 teaser, but I just hope they don't ruin Batwoman by making her fight strange and unusual baddies.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Batwoman's Return   Batwoman's Return - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 12:35 am

Fawks wrote:
I wasn't really pleased with the #1 teaser, but I just hope they don't ruin Batwoman by making her fight strange and unusual baddies.

Yeah, exactly, that's kinda what I'm worried about. I don't want her to turn into "Batwoman: Confidential" every week.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: Batwoman's Return   Batwoman's Return - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 8:34 pm

gallegra wrote:
Fawks wrote:
I wasn't really pleased with the #1 teaser, but I just hope they don't ruin Batwoman by making her fight strange and unusual baddies.

Yeah, exactly, that's kinda what I'm worried about. I don't want her to turn into "Batwoman: Confidential" every week.

-Gary
Yup. I'm still going to buy her comics, but maybe they won't head into that direction. I really hope they don't. It's nice that they are trying to make a name for her, but oh my, please don't ruin her.
Confidential really was not my cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Batwoman's Return   Batwoman's Return - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 2:32 pm

Fawks wrote:
I'm still going to buy her comics, but maybe they won't head into that direction. I really hope they don't. It's nice that they are trying to make a name for her, but oh my, please don't ruin her.
Confidential really was not my cup of tea.

We've talked about Confidential a lot on the podcast, I'm not sure if you've heard those ones. We mostly agree that it was a really cool idea, having a random 1-2 issue classic Bruce Wayne Batman story each week, but it just wasn't implemented right. They went too far into the supernatural angle recently, rather than just having it be a classic detective story. It could be far better than it has been.

And I agree, I'll buy her books either way, I just hope they don't ruin it. Just keep it exactly like it was in Detective except change the title on the front and I'll be happy. But, I have to be honest, especially since it's one of the biggest glbt characters out there, and more importantly a commercial success for them right now, I REALLY don't think they plan on changing their formula any time soon.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
iod1974
Gotham Knight Reader
iod1974

PostSubject: Re: Batwoman's Return   Batwoman's Return - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 7:18 pm

Did anyone else think it a little strange that Bruce tested who Batwoman was by attacking her in public with a baseball bat? He still is the world's greatest detective right? By the way, was it Bruce or Dick (or Reggie Jackson?)

Back to top Go down
Jay Kay
Gotham Knight Reader
Jay Kay

PostSubject: Re: Batwoman's Return   Batwoman's Return - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 8:22 pm

iod1974 wrote:
Did anyone else think it a little strange that Bruce tested who Batwoman was by attacking her in public with a baseball bat? He still is the world's greatest detective right? By the way, was it Bruce or Dick (or Reggie Jackson?)

It was definitely Bruce--for one thing, Dick's already interacted with her plenty, and he probably would have just met her. Bruce can be a bit of a creeper sometimes--hell, a whole little mini-event was dependent on the fact that Bruce can be a bit of a creeper sometimes.

As for why he chose that method--he wanted to see how she would react and fight completely outside her element and see up close if Kate and Batwoman are one and the same.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jaredk1
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: Batwoman's Return   Batwoman's Return - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 8:27 pm

iod1974 wrote:

Well.. Brucie has been through a lot lately. Ha, I still think he's trying to grab a hold onto solid ground, a.k.a., the earth. But he wanted to act like a pedestrian. And I believe he did a good job, I mean, they in Gotham City of all places. The name even conducts shivers. And she was in narrow-street road with one shop lit. So, I guess it was typical to see a man come up against a "defenseless" woman with a baseball bat. And it was Bruce. Dick (in Detective Comics) worked with her to understand and figure out who the Religion of Crime exactly is, but right now it's Bruce. Even though the art on him isn't too flattering.

Jay Kay wrote:
As for why he chose that method--he wanted to see how she would react and fight completely outside her element and see up close if Kate and Batwoman are one and the same.
I concur. c:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batwoman's Return   Batwoman's Return - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Batwoman's Return
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2