Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

REVIEW: SUPERMAN/BATMAN: PUBLIC ENEMIES

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
jondoe297

REVIEW: SUPERMAN/BATMAN: PUBLIC ENEMIES Empty
PostSubject: REVIEW: SUPERMAN/BATMAN: PUBLIC ENEMIES   REVIEW: SUPERMAN/BATMAN: PUBLIC ENEMIES I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:51 pm

Well its finally out today and I can safely say I wasn't disappointed.

We reviewed the movie today:
Review: Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

We will be discussing the movie in this weeks podcast feature, so tell us what you thought.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gothamknightsonline.com
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW: SUPERMAN/BATMAN: PUBLIC ENEMIES   REVIEW: SUPERMAN/BATMAN: PUBLIC ENEMIES I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 6:07 pm

I just had the chance to watch Superman/Batman: Public Enemies! Here are my thoughts:

Overall, the whole animated film was great and pretty faithful to the original story written by Jeph Loeb. Just like Bob, I personally prefer this version over the comic books. Perhaps it was more believable in terms of plot. However, they are still a few plot holes and inconsistencies in the animated film.

Firstly, how did Batman come to the conclusion that Major Force was the one who killed Metallo? I would have loved to see Batman putting his great detective skills to work here.

Secondly, how did Power Girl help Superman and Batman defeat Captain Marvel and Hawkman? I would have loved to see that too.

My last point refers to the Batman-Lady Shiva fight scene. I know Batman is a master of most forms of martial arts but isn't Lady Shiva considered to be virtually unbeatable in hand to hand combat? So, for Batman to defeat her so quickly and easily doesn't really make sense to me.

Apart from all that, I really enjoyed the film and I have just one wish, which I don't think will come true anytime soon - Superman/Batman: Public Enemies Director's Cut/ Extended Version? Smile
Back to top Go down
Jon Q. Citizen
Gotham Knight Initiated
Jon Q. Citizen

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW: SUPERMAN/BATMAN: PUBLIC ENEMIES   REVIEW: SUPERMAN/BATMAN: PUBLIC ENEMIES I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 5:27 pm

I really like S/B: Public Enemies, but there is no comparison to the comic. To me the comic blows away the movie. The way Loeb did the contrasting inner-monologues could not come across in the movie, and because of time contraints the movie felt rushed to me. Toyman's infatuation with Power Girl couldn't be expanded on in the movie (obviously), and they didn't bring out Luther's "psychotic break" at the end of the film.

That said, I did think they did a good job with the S/B vs. Hawkman/Cap M fight scene, and it had a good feel overall.
Back to top Go down
http://jonqcitizen.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW: SUPERMAN/BATMAN: PUBLIC ENEMIES   REVIEW: SUPERMAN/BATMAN: PUBLIC ENEMIES I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:43 pm

I love this movie! There was a great cast and variety of characters. Really loved the fight scenes and story and this is gonna sound sappy but it was pretty touching when Superman thought Batman was dead at first. Now if only they could do a live action movie like this that would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW: SUPERMAN/BATMAN: PUBLIC ENEMIES   REVIEW: SUPERMAN/BATMAN: PUBLIC ENEMIES I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:03 pm

Haha, Leviathan, you keep making me realize topics I missed. I loved Public Enemies! I hadn't actually read the story before, so I didn't know what they'd changed, but it was just a fun movie with a lot of great moments.
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW: SUPERMAN/BATMAN: PUBLIC ENEMIES   REVIEW: SUPERMAN/BATMAN: PUBLIC ENEMIES I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

REVIEW: SUPERMAN/BATMAN: PUBLIC ENEMIES
Page 1 of 1