Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?

Go down 
+7
AlexfromLubbock
gallegra
Fawks
ballpointbanana
Mittens2317
joezilla87
Jon Q. Citizen
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
ballpointbanana

Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Going into gamestop was the complete opposite for me because I didn't start playing video Games until I started to do the podcast, and I found the gamestop employees to be very friendly and helpful, they answered all my questions and even called the other gamestops to see if they had Arkham asylum. But maybe they could tell I was new to videogames and jumped on the opportunity to make a sale or something, but anyways I went into this other store that sells a bunch of imported games and older games along with a bunch of other imported stuff and they didn't ask me if I needed help they didn't even say hi and they andwered my questions with a short answer or a i dont know, they did have this guy follow me around the entire store though (hey at least I had company!). I was gonna buy a imported Japanese batman 1989 batmobile replica but their just rude and a bit off.
Back to top Go down
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader
J Knight5

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:00 am

Its really different from store to store on how they treat you. Some could really want you to help you out, others can care less about helping you. I know that when I used to work there, it was almost mandatory that we call another store if we didn't have a game, but not everyone did it, so that's cool that they did that for you.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:14 am

ballpointbanana wrote:
Yeah I exchanged the game for store credit, and I had one of the guys call the other gamestops to see if they had Arkham. One did and I drove for almost two hours to the store and picked it up, it was another display copy, hopefully this one works!!

Good luck man, hope it works out! I got more into Arkham than I have any other game for a LONG time.

iod1974 wrote:
And Batman Lego is so much fun! It took me and my stepdaughters about 14 months but we finished the game (with some clues from the internet).

Good for you! I'm really far behind that, but I've only barely started. I'd play it more, but I'm trying out the PS3 DCUO Beta now, so that's taking up most of my time.

iod1974 wrote:
Quote :
gallegra wrote:
Go for it, Virginia! Like you said, worst thing is they say no... But then again, maybe they're smart and realize hey, girls attract male nerds, nerds read comics.

-Gary

I suppose so. The guys who play that card game, Magic: The Gathering, always try to talk to me, which is great.

Funny story- I was in the comic shop about two months ago and there was a very pretty woman buying comics. I came home and told my wife that there was a hotty at the comic shop but that my wife had nothing to worry about because the woman was buying X-Men comics and I'm a DC guy.
The very next day my wife turned on the TV and TBS was on, she never watches that channel but I had had it on the night before because I was watching the baseball playoffs. When my wife turned on the TV, the show "Everybody Loves Raymond" was on, again a show she does not watch. On the show Ray was talking to his brothers brother in law played by Chris Elliot. Chris owns a comic shop and they were talking in his apartment with a whole bunch of comic stuff there. Raymond is trying to set Chris up on a date and Chris says "I don't know, what if she likes Marvel Comis? I'm a DC guy and it just would not work." My wife could not believe it. She recorded it on the DVR to show me.

That's a funny story, dude. It's funny how things line up like that sometimes haha.

Fawks wrote:
Well, hey guys - here's a silly update on my issue on being a geek and asking for a job in the Land of Pulp. I started talking to the girl who I thought was mean, but turned out to be really cool and just tired and stressed a lot. I asked her if it was hard getting a job here, and she said it wasn't for her. I introduced myself and she introduced me to the manager, who I can't really figure out.

I told him I was interested in working there, but would come back more officially when I had more reliable transportation, which would be around in 2 months at the least. He asked for my resume, and I haven't done diddly-squat in my life so I never carried one before, but I did tell him I had my business card, and I handed that to him. My boyfriend said I rambled on and sounded nervous and excited.But I really think I am over thinking all of this. It's just a silly job at a store. But for some reason, it means the world to me. Am I being too serious? :c

Maybe, but it seems like it might be working out, so good luck! Hopefully you'll get that transportation sitch worked out and then you'll get it. Did the manager seem receptive?

Fawks wrote:
ballpointbanana wrote:
... no but they had Lego batman which was the empty case they put on the shelf which wasn't shrink wrapped and they had taken the game out. I had no problem with that and so I bought it took it home and popped it into the ps3 only to find put that for some reason the ps3 can't read the disc. So, suffice it to say I am stuck not only without a game to play on my brand new game system but I don't have a batman game to play!

Man, I'm sorry! The two Gamestops we have at my town sometimes forget to give you the disc to the game. It's a little sloppy. But I'm a little angry at Gamestop because they forced local game stores out of business. And I'm not much of a new age gamer, I like the Wii, but I grew up with my SNES so I really enjoy aged games. And Gamestop doesn't sell games or even systems remotely over a half decade old! It was awful.. and it's not really a friendly atmosphere. Our local store, it was called "Play 'N' Trade" was much more friendlier, and definitely offered more variety to a gamer.

I've never had one forget to give me a disc, but I have been into one or two that haven't been very polite or helpful. But I feel like that happens at a lot of retail places, and you can't really judge the chain based on one store. And you still try to find SNES games? It's been forever since I looked for a Sega cartridge haha. The oldest I go back is maybe PSX games, and very rarely.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:00 pm

gallegra wrote:
Maybe, but it seems like it might be working out, so good luck! Hopefully you'll get that transportation sitch worked out and then you'll get it. Did the manager seem receptive?

I've never had one forget to give me a disc, but I have been into one or two that haven't been very polite or helpful. But I feel like that happens at a lot of retail places, and you can't really judge the chain based on one store. And you still try to find SNES games? It's been forever since I looked for a Sega cartridge haha. The oldest I go back is maybe PSX games, and very rarely.

-Gary
Well, with the few, previous encounters I've had with the guy, he's seems like he's in his own world, and he always has this " : / " facial expression. Butt from I'm told the girl is really the one who does a lot and the manager is just a "cranky old man". She acts more of a manager than he does, but I think I got this. c: I just have to be positive and not so antsy. It is my first inquiry about a job, so I had no idea how to start off or end, but you learn. And I sure as heck did..
She came off as she really enjoyed me asking about working there, she just didn't have any applications.. But I'm going to ask officially next semester. I'm just a bit nervous!

Most of the people who work at the Gamestops in my town, are girls who look like the don't know how to hold a n64 controller. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've only seen a handful of males work in those stores, and they usually are 50 year old men if I do catch any. I usually go by thrift stores, or Goodwill to find old games. Me and my boyfriend have great luck with that. We even got Starcraft for the PC and an expansion pack. That was a great night! Ha.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 11:40 pm

Fawks wrote:
Most of the people who work at the Gamestops in my town, are girls who look like the don't know how to hold a n64 controller. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've only seen a handful of males work in those stores, and they usually are 50 year old men if I do catch any. I usually go by thrift stores, or Goodwill to find old games. Me and my boyfriend have great luck with that. We even got Starcraft for the PC and an expansion pack. That was a great night! Ha.

I've actually seen more males than females, but it's fairly close to even I guess. And I've seen younger guys working there too, so I guess it's just a local thing. Nice score with Starcraft! I love that game, played the heck out of it in middle school.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
ballpointbanana

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 12:22 am

I got the new Starcraft, didn't play the first one but, man, that game makes me feel dizzy when I move the camera over the map.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 8:00 pm

ballpointbanana wrote:
I got the new Starcraft, didn't play the first one but, man, that game makes me feel dizzy when I move the camera over the map.

I only played it for a few minutes on my friend's computer (my computer is 5 years old and can't run it haha), and I thought it was pretty cool. It reminded me a lot of the original. How did you like it, Dane? Oh, and how about Arkham Asylum?

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next