Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

HOLY CRAP!!!!! SUPERMAN MOVIE TO BE WRITTEN BY DAVID GOYER!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

HOLY CRAP!!!!! SUPERMAN MOVIE TO BE WRITTEN BY DAVID GOYER!!!!! HELL YEAH!!! Empty
PostSubject: HOLY CRAP!!!!! SUPERMAN MOVIE TO BE WRITTEN BY DAVID GOYER!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!   HOLY CRAP!!!!! SUPERMAN MOVIE TO BE WRITTEN BY DAVID GOYER!!!!! HELL YEAH!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:43 pm

Just as we were talking about the possibility of Nolan helping along the progress of a new Superman Film, it's now announced that Writer David Goyer, who's also consulting on Batman 3, is writing a new SUPERMAN MOVIE! I'm so psyched! I'm still disappointed Singer isn't getting a sequel, and even more disappointed Brandon Routh isn't involved, but still...awesome news! Brainiac...Luthor...Superman movie! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

HOLY CRAP!!!!! SUPERMAN MOVIE TO BE WRITTEN BY DAVID GOYER!!!!! HELL YEAH!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOLY CRAP!!!!! SUPERMAN MOVIE TO BE WRITTEN BY DAVID GOYER!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!   HOLY CRAP!!!!! SUPERMAN MOVIE TO BE WRITTEN BY DAVID GOYER!!!!! HELL YEAH!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:51 pm

Even MORE good news.....apparently, Jonah Nolan is going to be co-writing the Superman film WITH David Goyer! Fan-freaking-tastic!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: HOLY CRAP!!!!! SUPERMAN MOVIE TO BE WRITTEN BY DAVID GOYER!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!   HOLY CRAP!!!!! SUPERMAN MOVIE TO BE WRITTEN BY DAVID GOYER!!!!! HELL YEAH!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:48 pm

That's good news indeed! Hopefully, they will be able to craft a really good, solid story. I've also read that they won't be hiring Brandon Routh to reprise his role as Superman. For me, I have mixed feelings about that.

When I was watching Superman Returns, I was amazed at the uncanny resemblance. At certain angles, Brandon does actually look like Christopher Reeve. I think the creative team should retain Brandon instead of looking for another actor to play Superman. If the new story requires Brandon to do some really physical stuff (fight scenes in particular), all he needs is someone, preferably a stunt coordinator or an action/ martial arts choreographer to train him.

With regards to re-casting a new actor to play Superman, well...they are not many out there who can truly portray Superman quite like Christopher Reeve. At least, Brandon Routh has that potential if only he's given a chance to improve.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: HOLY CRAP!!!!! SUPERMAN MOVIE TO BE WRITTEN BY DAVID GOYER!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!   HOLY CRAP!!!!! SUPERMAN MOVIE TO BE WRITTEN BY DAVID GOYER!!!!! HELL YEAH!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:14 pm

Yeah, I know! I really liked Routh...I thought he and Spacey were awesome in it. But the problem with Routh is that he's in his 30's now, and they probably want to cast younger. But, then again, Edward Norton was in his late 30's doing Hulk, Robert Downey Jr. was in his 40's doing Iron Man, and Christian bale was in his 30's doing Batman, so we know studios can do that. But, at the same time, they also probably think it would confuse/turn off some move-goers who hated SR or who don't understand why the same Superman has a new cast around him. Then again, it's been proven that roles can be re-cast and it can still work, but hey; I'm not in the movie business.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HOLY CRAP!!!!! SUPERMAN MOVIE TO BE WRITTEN BY DAVID GOYER!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!   HOLY CRAP!!!!! SUPERMAN MOVIE TO BE WRITTEN BY DAVID GOYER!!!!! HELL YEAH!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 6:45 pm

think Superman needs to look like he is in his 30s, I don't want to see a 20s Superman, if I wanted that I can just watch Smallville...lol
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: HOLY CRAP!!!!! SUPERMAN MOVIE TO BE WRITTEN BY DAVID GOYER!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!   HOLY CRAP!!!!! SUPERMAN MOVIE TO BE WRITTEN BY DAVID GOYER!!!!! HELL YEAH!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:26 pm

I think if they don't go with Brandon Routh or Tom Welling, they should go with a totally unknown actor who just looks the part.
Back to top Go down
Jon Q. Citizen
Gotham Knight Initiated
Jon Q. Citizen

PostSubject: Re: HOLY CRAP!!!!! SUPERMAN MOVIE TO BE WRITTEN BY DAVID GOYER!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!   HOLY CRAP!!!!! SUPERMAN MOVIE TO BE WRITTEN BY DAVID GOYER!!!!! HELL YEAH!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 1:11 pm

Should be awesome! I'm hopeful that the Superman franchise can be saved!
Back to top Go down
http://jonqcitizen.blogspot.com/
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: HOLY CRAP!!!!! SUPERMAN MOVIE TO BE WRITTEN BY DAVID GOYER!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!   HOLY CRAP!!!!! SUPERMAN MOVIE TO BE WRITTEN BY DAVID GOYER!!!!! HELL YEAH!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 1:33 pm

Me too, Mr. Vulture, me too. It really isn't even dead to begin with, the studios have made it that way...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOLY CRAP!!!!! SUPERMAN MOVIE TO BE WRITTEN BY DAVID GOYER!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!   HOLY CRAP!!!!! SUPERMAN MOVIE TO BE WRITTEN BY DAVID GOYER!!!!! HELL YEAH!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HOLY CRAP!!!!! SUPERMAN MOVIE TO BE WRITTEN BY DAVID GOYER!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!
Page 1 of 1