Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

The Red Robin

Go down 
+6
redrobin
joezilla87
Mittens2317
gallegra
badsoul
Sergiot0831
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
joezilla87

The Red Robin - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Robin   The Red Robin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 2:15 pm

I kind of agree with introducing too many female characters but I do like to see how it turns out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JoeZilla87
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: The Red Robin   The Red Robin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 8:47 pm

redrobin wrote:
Honestly I don't care how many people Tim makes out with he first off pushes them away and then he covers his left side of his face when she's showering, I'm going to think he's either gay or he's trying to be a gentleman and keep the last shred of dignity he has. Cause that's so easy when you stay up late most nights fighting crime, your best bud is an old man in a comma and can only communicated via computer, and you parade around in tights.
Haha, oh man, wow. I imagined you typing with fire at your fingertips and sweat-beads forming on your brow. And I'm not too sure if you're being sarcastic, or really have a raging anger at Drake for being a silly boy. Haha!
But Drake is definitely much different than Dick. Who would definitely jump on a female if she was in the shower. . . . And probably if she wasn't. But I think they are trying to make Drake a proper gentlemen. I mean he did have a love interest, and she pretty much broke his heart.. or damaged it in a very severe way. I actually rather have Drake come off as "gay" rather than a jerk who just wants to get some, or develop an unnecessary love interest/fling. It adds to his character and it shows he has some sort of dedication to his work rather than the flesh before him.

But you did make a good point that made me laugh my warm milk out my mouth. Ahaha.. poor keyboard.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
ballpointbanana

PostSubject: Re: The Red Robin   The Red Robin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 11:51 pm

Fawks wrote:
redrobin wrote:
Honestly I don't care how many people Tim makes out with he first off pushes them away and then he covers his left side of his face when she's showering, I'm going to think he's either gay or he's trying to be a gentleman and keep the last shred of dignity he has. Cause that's so easy when you stay up late most nights fighting crime, your best bud is an old man in a comma and can only communicated via computer, and you parade around in tights.
Haha, oh man, wow. I imagined you typing with fire at your fingertips and sweat-beads forming on your brow. And I'm not too sure if you're being sarcastic, or really have a raging anger at Drake for being a silly boy. Haha!
But Drake is definitely much different than Dick. Who would definitely jump on a female if she was in the shower. . . . And probably if she wasn't. But I think they are trying to make Drake a proper gentlemen. I mean he did have a love interest, and she pretty much broke his heart.. or damaged it in a very severe way. I actually rather have Drake come off as "gay" rather than a jerk who just wants to get some, or develop an unnecessary love interest/fling. It adds to his character and it shows he has some sort of dedication to his work rather than the flesh before him.

But you did make a good point that made me laugh my warm milk out my mouth. Ahaha.. poor keyboard.

isn't Tim still a teenager I think he's like 18 or 19 and might still be going through that awkward thing. Maybe in a sense Tim is more mature than Dick?
Back to top Go down
redrobin

redrobin

PostSubject: Re: The Red Robin   The Red Robin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 2:19 pm

Maybe or maybe he is just trying to still come into his own and is trying to establish himself and doesn't want distractions. I mean lets look at the early issues he side kicks Stephanie and then shrugs it off, clearly he does not want to be bothered by something that is not essential to his mission. And yeah I'm just being sarcastic don't worry I'm not flipping out at my computer just presenting some issues. Anyway what do you guys feel about Promise in the future: ally, enemy, or some Catwoman type thing where she crosses the sides of the law more times than fingers on my hand?
Back to top Go down
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
joezilla87

PostSubject: Re: The Red Robin   The Red Robin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 2:33 pm

When I flipped through the issue again I noticed they highlighted "brother" which then makes me kind of believe that she might be Ra's sister and that she is the one that hides herself with the hood during the 2nd arc. She called Ra's her brother during the conclusion of "The Road Home" and it has led me to believe that that is who Promise is but I may be looking too much into. Another reason is that Nicieza wrote both those issues too. I think she could be Tim's Talia Al Ghul.
Back to top Go down
redrobin

redrobin

PostSubject: Re: The Red Robin   The Red Robin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 8:13 pm

For some reason I thought that was Talia but I'm probably mistaken I'm still looking for issues 8-11 I have not found at a couple of retailers.
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: The Red Robin   The Red Robin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 9:50 pm

[quote="ballpointbanana]isn't Tim still a teenager I think he's like 18 or 19 and might still be going through that awkward thing. Maybe in a sense Tim is more mature than Dick?[/quote]
Yeah. In reality, that is the perfect age to start dating, but things don't work out that way. And I think we all can agree that Drake is excelling at being a detective, and his skills are sharpening to the max. Maybe the writers are if-y on whether or not to let Drake start being romantically involved with characters? I mean, to me, it derails a lot in comics.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
joezilla87

PostSubject: Re: The Red Robin   The Red Robin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 11:20 pm

redrobin wrote:
For some reason I thought that was Talia but I'm probably mistaken I'm still looking for issues 8-11 I have not found at a couple of retailers.

I had thought that as well but in an interview with Nicieza (i think it was with comicbookresources.com) that the hooded woman could be Talia or it could be a new member of the Al Ghul family.
Back to top Go down
Jay Kay
Gotham Knight Reader
Jay Kay

PostSubject: Re: The Red Robin   The Red Robin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 9:58 am

redrobin wrote:

My pet theory right now? It's the woman we know now as Lynx. Ra's decides that Tim could make an acceptable heir and instructs a mysterious woman to make that happen, and then suddenly this new, exotic gangster shows up in Gotham telling him she's actually an undercover cop to try to get him to work with her? Very coincidental, if you ask me...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jaredk1
joezilla87
Gotham Knight Reader
joezilla87

PostSubject: Re: The Red Robin   The Red Robin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:00 am

That's what I thought as well until Promise was introduced.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Red Robin   The Red Robin - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Red Robin
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2