Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?

Go down 
+7
AlexfromLubbock
gallegra
Fawks
ballpointbanana
Mittens2317
joezilla87
Jon Q. Citizen
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:10 pm

You should try then, that would be awesome!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:36 pm

gallegra wrote:
You should try then, that would be awesome!

-Gary
Oh.. well.. oh boy. I would really have to be courageous that day. I'm quite meek.
What was your first job, if you don't mind asking? I really need to jump start my "becoming of adult-age"... :c
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 9:39 pm

If you get a job there, it would DEFINITELY beat mine. I got a job at a KFC right after I turned 18, it was pretty horrible really. Worst job I've had, by far...and I've had several.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:54 am

gallegra wrote:
If you get a job there, it would DEFINITELY beat mine. I got a job at a KFC right after I turned 18, it was pretty horrible really. Worst job I've had, by far...and I've had several.

-Gary
I absolutely refuse to work in a fast food joint. And a restaurant. And I am quite frightened by the fact of memorizing things and customizing orders. I don't think I would too all too swell. Ha.
Back to top Go down
White Lantern Batman

White Lantern Batman

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 5:35 am

What about a position in retail? Also I hate it when stores rearrange everything. It like I'm used to knowing where everything is when I want to pick something up quick and then I go in there on day and I have no idea where I'm at.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:48 am

I really can't blame you; granted I've worked at other restaurants that were far better than my KFC job, but still. I agree with him, if you can't get into that comic shop retail stores are nice gigs.

@WhiteLanternBatman Agreed, I hate that - my local Wal-Mart did that recently and it's really annoying. And welcome to GKO! Feel free to go and introduce yourself in the introduction thread down in "Chill Out at Wayne Manor".

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:33 pm

Yeah! My two Walmarts here did the same thing, can barely find anything anymore, and I swear they discontinued some products.

But yeah! I'm really going to try and at least get my foot in the door. I look really young, and the two girls that I ever saw working there are around there... 20's? I'm guessing 23 years old at the maximum. And I look like I'm 15. : /
I guess I'll just try and give it my 105%. If I get sent away, the best thing I could do is give him/them my business card. That might show something.

I wouldn't mind being the floor sweeper, ha.
Back to top Go down
iod1974
Gotham Knight Reader
iod1974

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:23 pm

Speaking of stores, one of the comic shops here in Raleigh, NC is going out of business. So they have everything 50% and a ton of back issues for one dollar. So I got myself a few Christmas gifts today.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 12:20 am

Go for it, Virginia! Like you said, worst thing is they say no... But then again, maybe they're smart and realize hey, girls attract male nerds, nerds read comics.

iod1974 wrote:
Speaking of stores, one of the comic shops here in Raleigh, NC is going out of business. So they have everything 50% and a ton of back issues for one dollar. So I got myself a few Christmas gifts today.

Awesome! Good for you man...

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:59 am

gallegra wrote:
Go for it, Virginia! Like you said, worst thing is they say no... But then again, maybe they're smart and realize hey, girls attract male nerds, nerds read comics.

-Gary
I suppose so. The guys who play that card game, Magic: The Gathering, always try to talk to me, which is great. The people who are usually in there, are funny. I just need to be positive and show how much I would love to work for them.

If nothing prevails, I guess Target is calling my name. And I can't work at Gamestop. I'm too opinionated and probably would get fired. Ha.

iod1974 wrote:
That's great! I remember the time I was in New York, Motown Comics it was called, had a huge sale for no reason. It was around the time Batwoman was being featured in Batman & Robin, 52 Week Eleven, and Detective Comics. I walked away a happy customer. At least 60% off, if I recall correctly.
Back to top Go down
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader
J Knight5

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:34 pm

[quote="Fawks"]
If nothing prevails, I guess Target is calling my name. And I can't work at Gamestop. I'm too opinionated and probably would get fired. Ha.

It would probably be best if you don't work at Gamestop. I used to work there a few years ago, and it wasn't that great.

Last edited by J Knight5 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 2:46 pm

J Knight5 wrote:
It would probably best if you don't work at Gamestop. I used to work there a few years ago, and it wasn't that great.

Any discounts or anything?

-Gary
Back to top Go down
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader
J Knight5

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:19 pm

I got good discounts when I first started, it was 25% off evrything except consoles. But by the time I left, it went down to 15%. One cool thing is that I also got 30% off at Barnes & Noble. That discount never went down.
Back to top Go down
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
ballpointbanana

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:25 pm

Funny you guys mention gamestop, I just bought a playstation 3 from there and I asked if they Had any copies of Arkham Asylum to which they said no but they had Lego batman which was the empty case they put on the shelf which wasn't shrink wrapped and they had taken the game out. I had no problem with that and so I bought it took it home and popped it into the ps3 only to find put that for some reason the ps3 can't read the disc. So, suffice it to say I am stuck not only without a game to play on my brand new game system but I don't have a batman game to play!
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:42 pm

If you take it back and the disc doesn't work you should be able to at least get a new one...And there's no other gamestops in your area to get Arkham Asylum? That sucks man...

-Gary
Back to top Go down
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader
J Knight5

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:43 pm

ballpointbanana wrote:
Funny you guys mention gamestop, I just bought a playstation 3 from there and I asked if they Had any copies of Arkham Asylum to which they said no but they had Lego batman which was the empty case they put on the shelf which wasn't shrink wrapped and they had taken the game out. I had no problem with that and so I bought it took it home and popped it into the ps3 only to find put that for some reason the ps3 can't read the disc. So, suffice it to say I am stuck not only without a game to play on my brand new game system but I don't have a batman game to play!

Man that sucks. Did you try exchanging it for another one yet?

I've always hated giving people the last copy of a new game for the reasons you stated. A lot of people would complain about it, which is understandable, and a lot of times they wouldn't even buy the game.
Back to top Go down
iod1974
Gotham Knight Reader
iod1974

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 4:33 pm

And Batman Lego is so much fun! It took me and my stepdaughters about 14 months but we finished the game ( with some clues from the internet).

Back to top Go down
iod1974
Gotham Knight Reader
iod1974

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 4:40 pm

Quote :
gallegra wrote:

-Gary

I suppose so. The guys who play that card game, Magic: The Gathering, always try to talk to me, which is great.

Funny story- I was in the comic shop about two months ago and there was a very pretty woman buying comics. I came home and told my wife that there was a hotty at the comic shop but that my wife had nothing to worry about because the woman was buying X-Men comics and I'm a DC guy.
The very next day my wife turned on the TV and TBS was on, she never watches that channel but I had had it on the night before because I was watching the baseball playoffs. When my wife turned on the TV, the show "Everybody Loves Raymond" was on, again a show she does not watch. On the show Ray was talking to his brothers brother in law played by Chris Elliot. Chris owns a comic shop and they were talking in his apartment with a whole bunch of comic stuff there. Raymond is trying to set Chris up on a date and Chris says "I don't know, what if she likes Marvel Comis? I'm a DC guy and it just would not work." My wife could not believe it. She recorded it on the DVR to show me.
Back to top Go down
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
ballpointbanana

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:52 pm

Yeah I exchanged the game for store credit, and I had one of the guys call the other gamestops to see if they had Arkham. One did and I drove for almost two hours to the store and picked it up, it was another display copy, hopefully this one works!!
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:43 pm

Well, hey guys - here's a silly update on my issue on being a geek and asking for a job in the Land of Pulp. I started talking to the girl who I thought was mean, but turned out to be really cool and just tired and stressed a lot. I asked her if it was hard getting a job here, and she said it wasn't for her. I introduced myself and she introduced me to the manager, who I can't really figure out.

I told him I was interested in working there, but would come back more officially when I had more reliable transportation, which would be around in 2 months at the least. He asked for my resume, and I haven't done diddly-squat in my life so I never carried one before, but I did tell him I had my business card, and I handed that to him. My boyfriend said I rambled on and sounded nervous and excited.

And it turns out, ironically, my sister's fiancée knows the girl who works there. Maybe that's extra leverage of getting my foot in the door and some good word.

But I really think I am over thinking all of this. It's just a silly job at a store. But for some reason, it means the world to me. Am I being too serious? :c

iod1974 wrote:
And Batman Lego is so much fun! It took me and my stepdaughters about 14 months but we finished the game ( with some clues from the internet).

Great! I'm stuck at 66.4%!! It's hard with the flying levels and finding all of the red bricks for me. I really want to unlock Hush too! Not a big fan of Ra's though.

ballpointbanana wrote:
... no but they had Lego batman which was the empty case they put on the shelf which wasn't shrink wrapped and they had taken the game out. I had no problem with that and so I bought it took it home and popped it into the ps3 only to find put that for some reason the ps3 can't read the disc. So, suffice it to say I am stuck not only without a game to play on my brand new game system but I don't have a batman game to play!
Man, I'm sorry! The two Gamestops we have at my town sometimes forget to give you the disc to the game. It's a little sloppy. But I'm a little angry at Gamestop because they forced local game stores out of business. And I'm not much of a new age gamer, I like the Wii, but I grew up with my SNES so I really enjoy aged games. And Gamestop doesn't sell games or even systems remotely over a half decade old! It was awful.. and it's not really a friendly atmosphere. Our local store, it was called "Play 'N' Trade" was much more friendlier, and definitely offered more variety to a gamer.
Back to top Go down
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
ballpointbanana

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Going into gamestop was the complete opposite for me because I didn't start playing video Games until I started to do the podcast, and I found the gamestop employees to be very friendly and helpful, they answered all my questions and even called the other gamestops to see if they had Arkham asylum. But maybe they could tell I was new to videogames and jumped on the opportunity to make a sale or something, but anyways I went into this other store that sells a bunch of imported games and older games along with a bunch of other imported stuff and they didn't ask me if I needed help they didn't even say hi and they andwered my questions with a short answer or a i dont know, they did have this guy follow me around the entire store though (hey at least I had company!). I was gonna buy a imported Japanese batman 1989 batmobile replica but their just rude and a bit off.
Back to top Go down
J Knight5
Gotham Knight Reader
J Knight5

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:00 am

Its really different from store to store on how they treat you. Some could really want you to help you out, others can care less about helping you. I know that when I used to work there, it was almost mandatory that we call another store if we didn't have a game, but not everyone did it, so that's cool that they did that for you.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:14 am

ballpointbanana wrote:
Yeah I exchanged the game for store credit, and I had one of the guys call the other gamestops to see if they had Arkham. One did and I drove for almost two hours to the store and picked it up, it was another display copy, hopefully this one works!!

Good luck man, hope it works out! I got more into Arkham than I have any other game for a LONG time.

iod1974 wrote:
And Batman Lego is so much fun! It took me and my stepdaughters about 14 months but we finished the game (with some clues from the internet).

Good for you! I'm really far behind that, but I've only barely started. I'd play it more, but I'm trying out the PS3 DCUO Beta now, so that's taking up most of my time.

iod1974 wrote:
Quote :
gallegra wrote:

-Gary

I suppose so. The guys who play that card game, Magic: The Gathering, always try to talk to me, which is great.

Funny story- I was in the comic shop about two months ago and there was a very pretty woman buying comics. I came home and told my wife that there was a hotty at the comic shop but that my wife had nothing to worry about because the woman was buying X-Men comics and I'm a DC guy.
The very next day my wife turned on the TV and TBS was on, she never watches that channel but I had had it on the night before because I was watching the baseball playoffs. When my wife turned on the TV, the show "Everybody Loves Raymond" was on, again a show she does not watch. On the show Ray was talking to his brothers brother in law played by Chris Elliot. Chris owns a comic shop and they were talking in his apartment with a whole bunch of comic stuff there. Raymond is trying to set Chris up on a date and Chris says "I don't know, what if she likes Marvel Comis? I'm a DC guy and it just would not work." My wife could not believe it. She recorded it on the DVR to show me.

That's a funny story, dude. It's funny how things line up like that sometimes haha.

Fawks wrote:
Well, hey guys - here's a silly update on my issue on being a geek and asking for a job in the Land of Pulp. I started talking to the girl who I thought was mean, but turned out to be really cool and just tired and stressed a lot. I asked her if it was hard getting a job here, and she said it wasn't for her. I introduced myself and she introduced me to the manager, who I can't really figure out.

I told him I was interested in working there, but would come back more officially when I had more reliable transportation, which would be around in 2 months at the least. He asked for my resume, and I haven't done diddly-squat in my life so I never carried one before, but I did tell him I had my business card, and I handed that to him. My boyfriend said I rambled on and sounded nervous and excited.But I really think I am over thinking all of this. It's just a silly job at a store. But for some reason, it means the world to me. Am I being too serious? :c

Maybe, but it seems like it might be working out, so good luck! Hopefully you'll get that transportation sitch worked out and then you'll get it. Did the manager seem receptive?

Fawks wrote:
ballpointbanana wrote:
... no but they had Lego batman which was the empty case they put on the shelf which wasn't shrink wrapped and they had taken the game out. I had no problem with that and so I bought it took it home and popped it into the ps3 only to find put that for some reason the ps3 can't read the disc. So, suffice it to say I am stuck not only without a game to play on my brand new game system but I don't have a batman game to play!

Man, I'm sorry! The two Gamestops we have at my town sometimes forget to give you the disc to the game. It's a little sloppy. But I'm a little angry at Gamestop because they forced local game stores out of business. And I'm not much of a new age gamer, I like the Wii, but I grew up with my SNES so I really enjoy aged games. And Gamestop doesn't sell games or even systems remotely over a half decade old! It was awful.. and it's not really a friendly atmosphere. Our local store, it was called "Play 'N' Trade" was much more friendlier, and definitely offered more variety to a gamer.

I've never had one forget to give me a disc, but I have been into one or two that haven't been very polite or helpful. But I feel like that happens at a lot of retail places, and you can't really judge the chain based on one store. And you still try to find SNES games? It's been forever since I looked for a Sega cartridge haha. The oldest I go back is maybe PSX games, and very rarely.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:00 pm

gallegra wrote:
Maybe, but it seems like it might be working out, so good luck! Hopefully you'll get that transportation sitch worked out and then you'll get it. Did the manager seem receptive?

I've never had one forget to give me a disc, but I have been into one or two that haven't been very polite or helpful. But I feel like that happens at a lot of retail places, and you can't really judge the chain based on one store. And you still try to find SNES games? It's been forever since I looked for a Sega cartridge haha. The oldest I go back is maybe PSX games, and very rarely.

-Gary
Well, with the few, previous encounters I've had with the guy, he's seems like he's in his own world, and he always has this " : / " facial expression. Butt from I'm told the girl is really the one who does a lot and the manager is just a "cranky old man". She acts more of a manager than he does, but I think I got this. c: I just have to be positive and not so antsy. It is my first inquiry about a job, so I had no idea how to start off or end, but you learn. And I sure as heck did..
She came off as she really enjoyed me asking about working there, she just didn't have any applications.. But I'm going to ask officially next semester. I'm just a bit nervous!

Most of the people who work at the Gamestops in my town, are girls who look like the don't know how to hold a n64 controller. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've only seen a handful of males work in those stores, and they usually are 50 year old men if I do catch any. I usually go by thrift stores, or Goodwill to find old games. Me and my boyfriend have great luck with that. We even got Starcraft for the PC and an expansion pack. That was a great night! Ha.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 11:40 pm

Fawks wrote:
Most of the people who work at the Gamestops in my town, are girls who look like the don't know how to hold a n64 controller. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've only seen a handful of males work in those stores, and they usually are 50 year old men if I do catch any. I usually go by thrift stores, or Goodwill to find old games. Me and my boyfriend have great luck with that. We even got Starcraft for the PC and an expansion pack. That was a great night! Ha.

I've actually seen more males than females, but it's fairly close to even I guess. And I've seen younger guys working there too, so I guess it's just a local thing. Nice score with Starcraft! I love that game, played the heck out of it in middle school.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?   Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson: Who's in which Comic?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next