Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

What's your favorite bat symbol?

Go down 
+4
TheXtremisT
Sergiot0831
AndrewT
gallegra
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
ballpointbanana

What's your favorite bat symbol? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite bat symbol?   What's your favorite bat symbol? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 9:54 pm

gallegra wrote:
Fawks wrote:
Batman is timeless, and he should never have to die...in the books (and disappear, he is obviously somewhat death-proof).

That's the thing though; it's been touched on a bit recently with Bruce's "death" and all, that the Batman is a symbol, and always lives on. I mean, I can understand even from a moneymaking standpoint where it could be a bad idea to in 20-30 years have Bruce Wayne, who's been Batman for over 100 years by that point, suddenly have to retire and be replaced. But I also like the idea of what they played with in Generations, which we unfortunately only get to see in Elseworlds/Alternate Earth stories. Even the new Batman Beyond series is based on a different Earth (16 I think), and that's kinda disappointing to me.

-Gary

of course there's no way of knowing for sure, but I think Bruce is gonna be Batman until DC decides to stop making Batman books (if they ever do) he has certainly become synonymous with the character. But you never know maybe however many years from now DC will finally move on and retire Bruce and someone else will become Batman, if they didnt already do it minus the retirement part. I dont know, hopefully in my time Bruce as Batman will always be that same guy we knew.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite bat symbol?   What's your favorite bat symbol? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 11:31 pm

I'm assuming it will either never happen, or it will happen at some point in the distant future but only when all the major comic books in the big companies do it at the same time. Otherwise, nobody will want to be the first one to try it in case it fails horribly. But I am glad they at least do books like Trinity, 52, Countdown and the upcoming DCUO Legends that kind of do that since they are weekly.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
ballpointbanana
Gotham Knight Regular
ballpointbanana

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite bat symbol?   What's your favorite bat symbol? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 1:48 am

gallegra wrote:
I'm assuming it will either never happen, or it will happen at some point in the distant future but only when all the major comic books in the big companies do it at the same time. Otherwise, nobody will want to be the first one to try it in case it fails horribly. But I am glad they at least do books like Trinity, 52, Countdown and the upcoming DCUO Legends that kind of do that since they are weekly.

-Gary

yeah cause if it fails they'll have to pull a bs retcon/move.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite bat symbol?   What's your favorite bat symbol? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 1:52 am

ballpointbanana wrote:

And, more importantly, lose profits Smile

-Gary
Back to top Go down
iod1974
Gotham Knight Reader
iod1974

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite bat symbol?   What's your favorite bat symbol? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 11:37 am

Let's face it, we are Batman fans not Bruce Wayne fans. The character and the books could do just as well with other people taking the mantle of the bat. I'd like to see Dick stay on as Batman. I'd also like to see Tim take over as a/the Batman someday. I loved Batman Beyond, but I hated what they did with Tim.
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite bat symbol?   What's your favorite bat symbol? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 1:40 pm

I agree, it would be interesting to see.

iod1974 wrote:
I loved Batman Beyond, but I hated what they did with Tim.

I know, I thought the same thing. But I loved that movie!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
iod1974
Gotham Knight Reader
iod1974

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite bat symbol?   What's your favorite bat symbol? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 4:25 pm

It has been a long time since I've watched it, maybe I should watch it again. I did not have a problem with what the Joker did, I just hated that future Tim was some overweight loser with a dead end job. He was all grumpy and hateful. Tim should have been President or the future Donald Trump.
Back to top Go down
Fawks
Gotham City PD - Rookie
Fawks

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite bat symbol?   What's your favorite bat symbol? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 8:59 pm

iod1974 wrote:
It has been a long time since I've watched it, maybe I should watch it again. I did not have a problem with what the Joker did, I just hated that future Tim was some overweight loser with a dead end job. He was all grumpy and hateful. Tim should have been President or the future Donald Trump.
I know, right? Drake is so much more than that. But I guess they lost creativity. Did they feature him in the BB mini series whatesoever?

ballpointbanana wrote:
of course there's no way of knowing for sure, but I think Bruce is gonna be Batman until DC decides to stop making Batman books (if they ever do) he has certainly become synonymous with the character. But you never know maybe however many years from now DC will finally move on and retire Bruce and someone else will become Batman, if they didnt already do it minus the retirement part. I dont know, hopefully in my time Bruce as Batman will always be that same guy we knew.
That was beautiful. c:

ballpointbanana wrote:
gallegra wrote:

-Gary

But you do have to admit, watching everyone on earth squirm when a very important figure disappears, dies, or just recedes into the crowd and "retires" is very interesting. I mean, I guess they will always reserve that kind of material to those types of comics. I agree with you guys - things wouldn't all be too well if they just randomly decided to make Batman quit. I mean, that particular comic, and that particular comic only, will make them loads of money, but after that? What next? Your marginal cost was far greater than your benefit.

I hope we never see the day where all the heros die..
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/virginia.pressnell
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite bat symbol?   What's your favorite bat symbol? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:39 pm

Agreed, we need heroes!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite bat symbol?   What's your favorite bat symbol? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your favorite bat symbol?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2