Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

Introductions Thread

Go down 
+14
iod1974
matttco
Boozad
Batman knows Karate
Sergiot0831
wessimpson
badsoul
Jon Q. Citizen
TheXtremisT
scarygarrey
DarkKnightQc
jondoe297
gallegra
AndrewT
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

Introductions Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:54 pm

Hey, nice to hear from you Matt!

Geology sounds fun! I'm studying Physical Therapy at the moment, that's why I've missed a few podcasts and am not quite as involved with the site as I'd like to be :-(.

Nice, another TAS fan. I'm enjoying Grayson's Batman too.

Can't wait to see your collection!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
TheXtremisT
Gotham Knight Reader
TheXtremisT

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:18 pm

Cheers!
My collection has been growing since April when I was first able to get the figures, I will be working on some small dioramas to make them look amazing on my shelf

It's great to be part of the forum
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:19 pm

Hahaha. I really like your Batman Beyond figure, by the way. Is that the one that says Tim Drake instead of Terry McGuinness?

-Gary
Back to top Go down
TheXtremisT
Gotham Knight Reader
TheXtremisT

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:30 pm

gallegra wrote:
Hahaha. I really like your Batman Beyond figure, by the way. Is that the one that says Tim Drake instead of Terry McGuinness?

-Gary

Well I don't actually own the figure yet, the photo I posted was one I nicked from another forum just to ask about the Batmobile

But I've defo got to own that figure
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:56 pm

Oh, ok lol. Yeah, I want it too. I love BB.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
TheXtremisT
Gotham Knight Reader
TheXtremisT

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 11:50 am

Same

I love how dark the cartoon is, apparently AA2 is going to be that dark
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:40 pm

Wow, if only! The first one was pretty dark, that'd be awesome!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Jon Q. Citizen
Gotham Knight Initiated
Jon Q. Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:26 pm

Hi everyone! I'm Mr. Vulture. I'm an avid admirer of Vultures, as the 100th post on by blogsite recently shows...lol (if you're interested, just click my website in my profile)

I've been a comic book fan since my early teens, and I actually remember watching episodes of the original Batman series when I was 3 in Hanover, PA.....that and we had a hamster, and my Dad's very ugly 70's shirts.

I'm 37, and work as a Night Auditor for Marriott Hotels in Columbus, Ohio....a job I love!

I am an avid collector of Graphic Novels, and have just about every Batman GN since Knightfall.....a very large collection. I also have large collections of Superman, Green Lantern & GL Corps, Flash, JLA, JSA, Green Arrow, and everything Elephantmen!!

I enjoy GKO, because it's not too big or too small......
Back to top Go down
http://jonqcitizen.blogspot.com/
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:28 am

Mr.Vulture wrote:
Hi everyone! I'm Mr. Vulture. I'm an avid admirer of Vultures, as the 100th post on by blogsite recently shows...lol (if you're interested, just click my website in my profile)

I've been a comic book fan since my early teens, and I actually remember watching episodes of the original Batman series when I was 3 in Hanover, PA.....that and we had a hamster, and my Dad's very ugly 70's shirts.

I'm 37, and work as a Night Auditor for Marriott Hotels in Columbus, Ohio....a job I love!

I am an avid collector of Graphic Novels, and have just about every Batman GN since Knightfall.....a very large collection. I also have large collections of Superman, Green Lantern & GL Corps, Flash, JLA, JSA, Green Arrow, and everything Elephantmen!!

I enjoy GKO, because it's not too big or too small......

Nice to finally meet your acquaintance and thank you for introducing yourself. Smile
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:35 am

Ditto, what Andrew said lol. Nice to "meet" you here lol.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Jon Q. Citizen
Gotham Knight Initiated
Jon Q. Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 1:36 pm

Thanks guys! Nice to make your acquaintance as well....lol
Back to top Go down
badsoul
Gotham Knight Regular
badsoul

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:10 pm

Hi. I am new on the forums and did not know that this thread exists. however Gary told me to introduce myself here (thanks Gary) So:

I was born and raised in Iraq. My father was a comic book fan, so I was surrounded by comics when I was growing up. Comics were an integral part of my childhood. I would spend most of my time reading them in my room.
Because of the political situation in Iraq we fled the country when I was ten years old. We emigrated to Jordan, and at that time there were no comics over there.

fast forward four years, we moved again when I was fourteen years old. This time to Germany. It was a hard time. I had to learn the language, go to school and get used to a whole new enviorment. So I nearly forgot about comics.

everything worked out very well eventually, but comics to me were only a distant memory. Then 2005 I started hearing about a new movie: batman begins! I was thrilled (as batman is my all time favourite character). I went and saw the movie and it blew me away.
I remembered my love for comics and started reading them again (everything Batman and batman related titles). I decided to read comics in tradepaperbacks since I like to read a complete story in one sitting.

Anyway since then I have rediscovered my love for comics. I truly feel like I found a missing piece of myself.
Now I am 25 years old and a student at a university here in Germany (studying economics and english).
Sadly in germany comics are not as popular as in the U.S or UK so I dont know anyone here who shares my hobby. That is why I love this site so much! I get to talk to equally batcrazy people.

So thats about it! sorry I bore you with the details Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 7:09 pm

Hi Badsoul,

Nah! You don't bore me at all. Welcome on board! Smile
Back to top Go down
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
jondoe297

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 1:44 am

Hey Badsoul,

Welcome again mate - nothing boring there mate, its what this sections for and even the forums, rant and rave about Batman and comics as much as you want.

Its great that one moment in a difficult time in your life gave you that nostalgic linchpin in life - I've got some many great and happy memories from my childhood with Batman so I share your connection there.

Really great to have you onboard mate - glad you like the site.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gothamknightsonline.com
wessimpson

wessimpson

PostSubject: Introduction....   Introductions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 8:08 am

Hello everybody!

I've been lurking around here for a few months now and I thought it was about time I posted an introduction. I'm originally from Northern Ireland but moved to the USA five years ago. I've been a Batman fan for as long as I can remember but I only really started collecting figures since moving here. I started with the Movie Masters Batman Begins figure and a Joker as I thought they would look cool on my desk and I've been picking up other stuff as my budget allows. Of course, family members keep buying me Batman stuff and I feel it would be rude to refuse (well thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it Laughing ).

I'm looking forward to getting to know people on the forums and I enjoy listening to the podcasts.

Wes...
Back to top Go down
badsoul
Gotham Knight Regular
badsoul

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 11:59 am

thanks for the warm welcome Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sergiot0831
Gotham Knight Reader
Sergiot0831

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 3:27 am

Hey everyone! My name is Sergio, I live in Riverside California. I've always been into batman, I grew up with BTAS and batman beyond. I first got into japanese manga because of my deep love for dragonball z. Then I got into American comics with batman and spiderman a few years later, and I've been a hardcore batman fan ever since. Right now I'm going to college and work in the restaurant of a baseball park. I love your guys's pod casts and forums! I don't really know anyone in my area who likes comics so I just want to talk about them. I hope to stick around for a long time!!

SO Hi EVERYONE!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 3:57 am

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for the intro and welcome on board, officially! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
badsoul
Gotham Knight Regular
badsoul

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:14 am

Hi wessimpson and Sergiot0831

@ Sergiot0831: man you grew up with the best cartoons ever. BTAS is hands down the best cartoon I have ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Sergiot0831
Gotham Knight Reader
Sergiot0831

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:24 am

Right on my friend!!
Back to top Go down
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
jondoe297

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 7:38 am

@ wesspimpson and Sergiot0831

Welcome guys, its really good to meet you. I just love how everyone has that nostalgic Batman moment in there life and how similar we all are. You guys really help make this forum such a great place to come to everyday. Makes all those long hours on the site and podcast worth it.

I'm really glad you guys like the podcast - don't forget and feedback or questions you want to submit to us, then check out the podcast section on here.

Cheers
Bob
Back to top Go down
http://www.gothamknightsonline.com
Jon Q. Citizen
Gotham Knight Initiated
Jon Q. Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 3:52 pm

Thank God WesSimpson is here! That means I am NO LONGER the resident "old man" of GKO! LOL!

Just kidding Wes, us old "folgies" have to stick together! Keep them "young'ns" in line....lol.
Back to top Go down
Batman knows Karate
Gotham Knight Newbie
Batman knows Karate

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 9:17 am

Hi Everyone!

I just got back to GKO, after Bobby and Gary reached out. My name is Howard, born and raised in Brooklyn NY where I still make my home and living as a martial arts instructor - another of my lifelong passions in addition to Batman. (Gary, I wasn't offended by the "Howard" thread btw I was FLATTERED.)

I have been a lifelong comics fan and Batman was the first and still is my favorite fictional character of the artform. I grew up in the late Sixties/ early Seventies, so I have been immersed in Batman from Bronze age comics, Films, Television shows and animations nearly all my life. Wherever my life has taken me, this character remains close to my heart and continues to deepen and enrich me in surprising ways.

I look forward to getting more involved here and hope to hear from you all.
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 7:21 pm

Welcome back Howard! Smile

It's great to have someone in GKO who have actually followed through the evolution of Batman, from the Silver Age right up to the Modern Age.
Back to top Go down
scarygarrey
Gotham Knight Initiated
scarygarrey

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:27 am

Welcome back. I vote you join in on the PODCASTS ASAP.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/garreyadams
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introductions Thread
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next