Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: Gotham Knights Online Forum

Welcome to the Gotham Knights Online dedicated community forum. If you're a Batman fan, then come join us, make new friends and talk about the Dark Knight and share your thoughts.

HomeLog inLatest imagesRegister

Introductions Thread

Go down 
+14
iod1974
matttco
Boozad
Batman knows Karate
Sergiot0831
wessimpson
badsoul
Jon Q. Citizen
TheXtremisT
scarygarrey
DarkKnightQc
jondoe297
gallegra
AndrewT
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
jondoe297

Introductions Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:58 am

See Howard - your the missed GKO mega star Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.gothamknightsonline.com
Sergiot0831
Gotham Knight Reader
Sergiot0831

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:55 am

Hi all!
Back to top Go down
Batman knows Karate
Gotham Knight Newbie
Batman knows Karate

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 6:11 am

AndrewT wrote:
Welcome back Howard! Smile

It's great to have someone in GKO who have actually followed through the evolution of Batman, from the Silver Age right up to the Modern Age.

Thanks AndrewT!

It's good to be here again!
Back to top Go down
Batman knows Karate
Gotham Knight Newbie
Batman knows Karate

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 6:13 am

scarygarrey wrote:
Welcome back. I vote you join in on the PODCASTS ASAP.

Thank you too, scarygarrey!

I will seriously consider it. Glad you liked my contributions.
Back to top Go down
Batman knows Karate
Gotham Knight Newbie
Batman knows Karate

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 6:14 am

jondoe297 wrote:
See Howard - your the missed GKO mega star Smile

You are too kind Bobby. Let's talk about this soon.
Back to top Go down
wessimpson

wessimpson

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 8:21 am

Mr.Vulture wrote:
Thank God WesSimpson is here! That means I am NO LONGER the resident "old man" of GKO! LOL!

Just kidding Wes, us old "folgies" have to stick together! Keep them "young'ns" in line....lol.

Yep..darned kids these days....LOL!
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 8:58 pm

wessimpson wrote:
Mr.Vulture wrote:
Thank God WesSimpson is here! That means I am NO LONGER the resident "old man" of GKO! LOL!

Just kidding Wes, us old "folgies" have to stick together! Keep them "young'ns" in line....lol.

Yep..darned kids these days....LOL!

Hey now...I resemble that remark!

Hahaha, now, onto business. I've got some catchin' up to do.

@Badsoul - Good to make your acquaintance, pal. We've talked a bit on here already, but it's good to hear your story. It's crazy how people all around the world can resonate with comics, especially a single character. Studying economics, eh? Hopefully you'll get out soon and fix our seemingly world-wide recession!

@wessimpson - You've been on here a while, haven't you? Regardless, it's good to see you posting more often lately. I love how you said your family members all buy you Batman memorabilia; my Dad had it the same with Elvis stuff, and me with Elvis and Superman/Superheroes stuff. It's kinda funny to see what people will come up with sometimes; my father once got Elvis Presley Barbeque Sauce; really.

@Sergiot0831 - Hey Sergio, nice to officially meet you. I too loved Dragon Ball a LOT during my high school days. I played the card game, dunno if you ever saw that. It was pretty fun; I think I still have a ton of the cards somewhere. And I've gotten a bunch of the Dragon Ball video games, even the past 2 for the PS3. Man, good times. Never saw that live action movie though, did you see that?

badsoul wrote:
man you grew up with the best cartoons ever. BTAS is hands down the best cartoon I have ever seen.

I second that, sir. The 80's and 90's were a great time to be growing up. Batman the Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Superman the Animated Series, Justice League/Unlimited, Spider-Man, X-Men, Transformers, He-Man, ThunderCats, I could go on forever. Speaking of which, I miss classic Toonami on Cartoon Network. Anyone who knows what I'm talking about will understand why.

@Batman knows Karate - Howard, Howard, Howard. I have missed you my friend, and it's good to see you on here again! I'm glad you weren't upset about that Howard-watch thread, I was just really excited about hopefully getting in touch with you. What I've always loved about your insight to Batman is that, unlike a lot of people, you really take it seriously as an art-form and a way of life, and you're very passionate about the character and what it means, rather than just being a cool-looking "brooding" character. That's part of the reason I wanted to look you up again, because I always really enjoyed your point of view and tidbits of information about Batman's past. Also, of course, as you've seen a little bit on here we had a few listeners/forum users who really missed your input.

And, of course, I'd really truly love to have you back on the show sometime! I know you're really busy, but I'm sure if it's even just for one episode we could work out a time around your schedule. Let us know pal, it'd be great to have you on again! Especially if we do a bit of a retrospective of the past year or so to get your thoughts on it, with the whole "Batman Reborn" saga through to the "Return of Bruce Wayne", and beyond!

Phew, well, I wrote a book! Now I remember why I should always make some time in my busier days to check the forums, it really piles up!

-gary
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Garya87
badsoul
Gotham Knight Regular
badsoul

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 1:22 am

@ gallegra: Thanks for the welcome!. I realy enjoy the site and being on the forums. This site is like a global nexus of Bat-mania!

As for saving the economy, I'm already on it. I am in the midst of creating a company named Wayne Enterprises and assigning a certain mr. Fox as head of the company.
By the way are you interested in a job in research and development?? Wink
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 10:51 am

Oh. My. LANTA! If you actually make a company called Wayne Enterprises some day I MUST be a part of it!

Hahaha, good times. And just so you know, we're taking even MORE steps to make it a one-stop place for all things Batman, which you'll see in the next month or so.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Sergiot0831
Gotham Knight Reader
Sergiot0831

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:25 pm

Gary, I know the cartoon and video game versions of Dragonball Z were great but the live action movie was horrible. It was street fighter, punisher warzone bad. They didnt really stick to dbz universe, I understand they were trying to do there own thing, but it just went wrong. I'd love to see a live action movie interpretaion of dbz, perhaps directed by zack snyder or Bryan Singer? Now that would be awsome! lol!

Hey, doesent this icon have goku hair? LOL
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:43 pm

It really looks like it does! haha

I kinda figured. I heard they were taking most of the story from Dragon Ball, but making him a teenager instead of a little kid, and adding in a high-school element. I thought they were making him a teenager so they could maybe put in a scene of him turning Super Saiyan, which I kinda liked. 'Cause, let's be honest; if you're making a Dragon Ball Z movie, what do people want to see? And what do people that haven't read/watched Dragon Ball Z recognize about Dragon Ball? Super Saiyans! I think they could've made it pretty cool if they took that idea of him being a teenager, cut out some of the stupid school related stuff I think they threw in (although a little bit's good, because teen angst sells, let's be honest) and had him go super-saiyan instead of ozaru at the end. From what I heard, that was the biggest issue (except maybe some of the actors, but that's probably to be expected with a DBZ movie).

-Gary
Back to top Go down
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
jondoe297

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 4:20 am

gallegra wrote:
@Batman knows Karate - Howard, Howard, Howard. I have missed you my friend, and it's good to see you on here again! I'm glad you weren't upset about that Howard-watch thread, I was just really excited about hopefully getting in touch with you. What I've always loved about your insight to Batman is that, unlike a lot of people, you really take it seriously as an art-form and a way of life, and you're very passionate about the character and what it means, rather than just being a cool-looking "brooding" character. That's part of the reason I wanted to look you up again, because I always really enjoyed your point of view and tidbits of information about Batman's past. Also, of course, as you've seen a little bit on here we had a few listeners/forum users who really missed your input.

And, of course, I'd really truly love to have you back on the show sometime! I know you're really busy, but I'm sure if it's even just for one episode we could work out a time around your schedule. Let us know pal, it'd be great to have you on again! Especially if we do a bit of a retrospective of the past year or so to get your thoughts on it, with the whole "Batman Reborn" saga through to the "Return of Bruce Wayne", and beyond!

Phew, well, I wrote a book! Now I remember why I should always make some time in my busier days to check the forums, it really piles up!

-gary

I'm the same - I've been so busy with the Chronicles and work, I've been desperatly trying to get back the forums. I shadow Gary here Howard. We need to work something out to get you back as a guest host when your free to get on.

I also want to say thanks to everyone for making this such a fantastic active forum - We've got some great things planned.

Back to top Go down
Batman knows Karate
Gotham Knight Newbie
Batman knows Karate

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:41 am

Thanks Guys!

At the very Least perhaps I can leave a recording, offer some POV, comments on some of the coverage you are doing so well with or even a discussion of philosophical psychological and spiritual elements of the Dark Knight...

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
jondoe297

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 2:18 pm

Ah now that's a fantastic idea - Howard's Spirit of the Bat segment...
Back to top Go down
scarygarrey
Gotham Knight Initiated
scarygarrey

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 5:31 pm

Batman knows Karate wrote:
Thanks Guys!

At the very Least perhaps I can leave a recording, offer some POV, comments on some of the coverage you are doing so well with or even a discussion of philosophical psychological and spiritual elements of the Dark Knight...

Any thoughts?

That would be a GREAT addition!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/garreyadams
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 9:34 pm

Batman knows Karate wrote:
Thanks Guys!

Any thoughts?

That would be awesome! I like both; you think you could do 2 one-two minute clips per week? We could put one in by our reviews with your comments on the week's books, and a short clip on the deeper stuff. Or we could wait until we can line up and record together one week for the psychological/philosophical/spiritual aspects of the crusader, unless you think you could make short segments out of it. Discuss one bit per week, in a couple minutes.

No matter what you do, you could send in 20 second clip and I'd welcome it!

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Boozad
Gotham Knight Regular
Boozad

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 4:02 pm

Hey all, hopefully I got the right place to introduce myself!

I'm Gav, a longtime Batman fan, currently working on what's technically my third Batman comic collection. What happened to the other two is a long story and I won't bore you with it, but my enforced focus at the moment is Modern CGC 9.8s. I own a large run of raw books for reading, but I love to collect CGC graded books too. The highlight of my collection at the moment is probably a #686 sketch cover CGC 9.8 Signature Series signed by Neil Gaiman. That's my jewel at the moment as I loved the 'Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?' two-parter. I've just bought a #366 9.8 so that will take some beating too when have it in hand.

I was forced to sell a huge chunk of my collection last year, which basically decimated the Bronze part of what I owned. Some beautiful books went, #227 CGC 7.0 SS Neal Adams, #227 CGC 8.5, #237 CGC 9.4, #244 CGC 9.0 SS Neal Adams, #251 CGC 9.2... The list goes on but it's getting depressing rehashing it all!

Anyhow, I won't bore you too much, and if you don't mind I'll join in a bit with this great looking forum you have here.

Last edited by Boozad on Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AndrewT
Dark Knight Admin
AndrewT

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 6:44 pm

Welcome on board Boozad! Glad you like the site. Smile

Collecting CGCs huh? You must have a real passion for comics. Hope to hear more from you.

Back to top Go down
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
jondoe297

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 5:45 am

Hi Boozad - welcome aboard. I'd love to own some CGC comics, especially some of the Knightfall run.

Cheers
Bob
Senior Editor
Gotham Knights Online
Back to top Go down
gallegra
Dark Knight Admin
gallegra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 10:49 am

Salutations, Boozad! Nice to meet you. It's nice to have someone on here who's a serious collector, because as far as I know none of our current members really bring that perspective to the table.

And congrats on the Neil Gaiman cover, what a catch! That was such a great story...and by a fantastic comic legend too! You must be thrilled, I know I would be.

-Gary
Back to top Go down
Boozad
Gotham Knight Regular
Boozad

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 11:57 am

Hi all and thanks for the warm welcome. I've been a huge Batman fan for as long as I can remember, my Mom used to buy me comics when I was a kid, everything from X-Men to Batman, Punisher to TMNT. I loved comics of all sorts and remember Secret Wars being one of my favourite series back then.
But I naturally gravitated towards Batman due to the TV series, and then in the late 80s with Tim Burton's movie and The Killing Joke I became a very serious collector. I amassed a pretty good collection over the years (branching out into Nightwing and Azrael as their titles were released), but in 2001 I spit with my ex, and lo and behold she threw them all out while I was moving out.

I went on a long hiatus from comics after that, it was a huge loss I couldn't afford to replace at the time. I always missed reading Batman books (the wonderful days of Moench/Jones on Batman and Dixon/Nolan on 'Tec!), and fast forward to 2008 The Dark Knight movie ignited that urge to go buy some comics again.
Two years after that and I've thrown thousands of pounds into building (then dismantling and rebuilding etc etc...) a new collection. The one I have now is far superior to my original collection, and I've recently cut out all the other Modern titles I was reading to concentrate solely on my Batman run.

I run a small site that's dedicated to hosting comic scans and photos, so if any of you would like to see some of my collection I'll gladly post a link.

Thanks again for the welcome, I've got a feeling I'll be around here quite a bit!
Back to top Go down
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
jondoe297

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 1:23 pm

Ah a fellow Moench/Jones member - that when when I also started collecting Batman comic seriously.

Post the link - I'd be interested in seeing your collection.
Back to top Go down
Boozad
Gotham Knight Regular
Boozad

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 1:39 pm

I've posted the link below for you Bob, just click on my profile and then click photos on the left Smile

Linkage

Here's a couple of recent ones to whet the appetite Wink

Introductions Thread - Page 3 Batman686-1

Introductions Thread - Page 3 Tec853Variant
Back to top Go down
badsoul
Gotham Knight Regular
badsoul

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 2:20 pm

@ boozad. wow man its realy unfortunate that you lost your previous collection in such a way, but I am glad that you bounced back and amassed such wonderful comics. I share your love for whatever happened to the caped crusaders. It is one of my all time favourite batman stories.
I envy you for having read the Moench/Jones and Dixon/Nolan runs. At that time I wasn't reading comics and therefor missed these runs. To my despair these runs are not collected in a trade so I can't catch up on them. Oh well enough of me. Welcome to the site!
Back to top Go down
jondoe297
Dark Knight Admin
jondoe297

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 3:18 pm

They just look so awesome in the CGC cases - thanks for the link. I'll give that a proper explore tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introductions Thread   Introductions Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introductions Thread
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next